Ratings for Dr. Ross A. Johnston

I've had the privilege of being cared for by many wonderful doctors, so when I compare other physicans to Dr. Johnston he falls short. First, when seeing a patient, look into their eyes and have a conservation with them, instead of treating the visit like a straight out questionnaire . Explain medical terms as they arise, instead of him rolling his eyes and telling the patient, forget about it and I'll talk about it later. His mannerism is impersonal, so I'm not even going to try and build a long term physican relationship with this man. In today's world with so many options, he needs to work his interpersonal skills as patients are the ones who keep him in business.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2017

Had my singing voice destroyed by this idiot. He did a septoplasty/sinuplasty and put a hole in my septum. I quote him " Looks like I may have done TOO good a job " and that was all he said. It was ent in Boston that discovered and told me about the hole he put there. He never described to me any of the bad consequences that may come, i.e. loss of quality of voice, almost 2 year recovery, possibility of not being careful enough so as not to put a hole in my septum. When he reffered to the infectious material in my head as " tapioca " i should have found someone else. Following the surgery, he must have known he put the hole there because he left immediately after the surgery, never stopped to check on me or anything, he just left. Others here have described him as dismissive, arrogant, and impersonal. Those are good descripitions for this "man". I dare to include incompetent. If I could afford it I would sue him for everything he owns, and shut him down so he can't ruin the lives of others. I don.t know about the other docs in his offfice, but I would certainly steer clear of this dope.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016

I have had to see Dr. Johnston several times over the last few years due to troublesome sinus infections. The office is clean, the staff friendly and wait times have been minimal. Dr. Johnston, himself is a get-to-business doctor who is obviously well versed in his field. He has a dry sense of humor and is quite funny. He performed surgery on me in addition to the office visits and I found him to be caring, understanding, open about what was to come and very thorough with the explanation process - no matter what type of visit I was at. I would definitely recommend him to friends and family.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

flag | Submitted May 5, 2014

Dr. Johnston was punctual but impersonal and arrogant. He had his back to me as I described my recent history of sinus issues. Granted, he was probably taking notes on the computer, but an occasional look in my direction would have made me feel that he was listening and cared about what I had to say. When he advised breathing through the mouth or taking Afrin, I responded that this was uncomfortable and further that I had had a bad experience with Afrin in the past. He neither asked for elaboration or made alternative suggestions on what I should do if clogged nasal passages recur. Perhaps he needs more experience both in his field as well with treating patients with dignity and compassion.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2014

My mother was recently seen by Dr. Johnston. He was rude, dismissive, condescending and even recorded inaccurate notes regarding her current medications and previous medical history (She has a print out from the appointment as proof)! When she first explained her condition/symptoms (she has been dealing with it since the 70's) he told her "That's impossible." When he asked if she had ever taken nasal sprays my mother expressed somewhere along the way one of her dr.'s told her she should not use nasal sprays, but she could not specifically remember why. What did Dr. Johnston prescribe? NASAL SPRAY! (which proceeded to exacerbate her symptoms.) When he decide he was finished, he just stood up and left. Listening to her degrading experience made me so mad I am having trouble recalling other specific she told to me. Question: "What do you call a doctor who graduates last in his class?" Answer: "Doctor." Advocate for your own health and avoid this rude, incompetent "doctor".

flag | Submitted August 2, 2013

I saw this doctor only because mine was not available. He talked to me like I was a 3 year old!!! When I asked him a very specific question about a vaccine I was thinking of getting he said to go ahead. I pressed him further about it (I am a nurse) he then said he wasn't sure. I asked him why then would you tell me to get the shot where he proceeded to get angry with me and started to walk out of the room. I went to the front desk and told them that I will never see this doctor again. I later found out that I was not the only patient who said the same thing. I am disappointed that this practice would keep this doctor on staff.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2012

He is truly an outstanding Doctor in his chosen area of expertise. He was extremely helpful and through both before an after surgery. He did an excellent job on my surgery.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2007

At 9:00 am we had a 50 minute wait. This happened at both appointments. I took my child in for a strange affliction. It took me 2 visits before I got him to explain several things to me. He did a good job with explanations once I was able to get him to talk about what I needed to know. When he decided he was done with the appointment even though I still had questions, he left the room. He did that on two occasions. It was obvious he didn't know what the problem was. He did give us several theories, which was fine and we needed that info in order to know where to go next for help. But, in order to hide the fact that he didn't know what was wrong he started to belittle me and blame me for my child's problems. We were all sitting down and when he started to belittle me he stood up so that he was looming over me and then just walked out of the room. He could have referred us to another doctor but he didn't. His office also charges you first before you see the doctor!!!!

flag | Submitted November 29, 2005

Dr. Ross A. Johnston's Credentials

• University Of Michigan Medical School (Grad. 1999)

Top Hospitals in Hyannis, MA