Ratings for Dr. S. Tyler Staelin

I had my left bicep reattached at the elbow by Dr. Staelin 8 weeks ago and everything is healing very well, He took the time to discuss how he attached the tendons and anchors to me because I was curious. I would recommend him to any of my friends in need of hand and elbow surgery.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2018

I have had two surgeries with Dr. Staelin in the past 18 months. Both times he was very thorough with me and took time to walk me through what he would be doing when I had surgery. After explaining what would be happening in surgery, he took another 10 minutes to answer my questions and concerns. He used to come to Clarksville, but now he is in Nashville. When I hurt myself the second time, and went to see him, he remembered me and what he had done before to correct my injuries. I would recommend him to anyone who seeks a doctor to take care of their hand in any injury. His staff is wonderful also . Nina was quick to get me any information needed for surgery and therapy, and in and out of office with such ease. Dr. Staelin is very professional.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2018

He was great when I needed deQuervains surgery, but when I saw him a year later and he asked how my thumb felt, I told him it was hurting but that the pain was tolerable...his 'bed side manner' completely did a 180 degree turn. He became a little angry, very rude and condescending. He did give me a shot for my right ring finger and that helped....but don't question the great and powerful surgeon, he gets cranky.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2018

On 8/30/17 Dr Staelin removed a cyst from my right thumb. The operation was successful with very little down time. I we extremely pleased with my overall experience and would highly recommend him and his staff. Should the cyst return, I will not hesitate to call Dr Staelin for any additional treatment. Connie B

flag | Submitted October 25, 2017

I was referred to Dr. Staelin for problems with my thumb joints. I was amazed at how quickly I was able to get an appointment with him. After meeting with Dr. Staelin, I was certain I had made the right choice for choosing him. He was very professional, and kind. He explained things in a way that I could understand them. In March 2017, he performed an (R) CMC Arthroplasty surgery. He walked me thru every step of what to expect before and after the surgery. I had therapy at the same office setting which made it more convenient also. I highly recommend Dr. Staelin, his staff and the therapist to anyone having hand issues of any kind. I will be going back in the near future for the same surgery on my left thumb joint and would not think of letting anyone other than Dr. Staelin perform the surgery. Great Doctor!!

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

I have seen Dr. Staelin three times with painful trigger finger of my right thumb. The first visit I received a cortisone injection with alleviation of the symptoms for 5 weeks. The second visit he did minor surgery in the office. One week post op my thumb is sore but without the severe pain I had before. He is a very kind and attentive physician. I would recommend him to anyone with finger or hand problems. It is very easy to get an appointment, usually that week, or the second visit I was seen the next day after I called. All of his office staff are very friendly and kind as well. I am a very satisfied patient with a positive experience.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2017

Dr. Staelin was very open and upfront abut my options for treatment of my problem with my right hand. I had lock finger in the middle and ring finger. I opted for the surgical procedure, and he was very informative about what he would be doing and the length of recovery. I could not have been more pleased with the entire procedure from the time I made the appointment until I returned to his office for final examination and release from care. I would happily recommend him to anyone who might suffer the same problem I had, or any other problem in his field of medicine.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2017

Dr Staelin is a surgeon who really put me and my husband at ease with explaining every detail of post-op expectations. In 2009 he did my (L)ThCMC Arthroplasty/CTR ; 2013 the (R) thumb with carpal tunnel repair. All pain and numbness relieved. In 2014 he replaced my (L) middle finger knuckle , a procedure I had not known was available! Yesterday he gave 2 cortisone shots in other knuckles swollen and painful. Today I can use a keyboard and feel good! He treats us like he would his family with respect and real caring. His entire staff are wonderful as well. I highly recommend him. Dr Staelin repaired my husband's (L) thumb as well. His (R) will need it soon. Great outcome as well.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

Dr. Staelin removed a tumor on my finger. From the moment I met him I was impressed by his personality and his knowledge of the hand. My pre, post, and all appointments in general have been very informational and I have always felt he had my best interest in mind. He treated me like one of his friends or family members. That is what I want in a doctor. He was always kind and he always had time for my questions. I would highly recommend Dr. Staelin. I have actually already referred him to several people. He is the total package for an amazing doctor. His nurse and staff have been very kind to me and my family. The hospital and physical therapist he referred me to were wonderful as well. He has surrounded himself with people who also have the high standards he does. I have been very pleased with his knowledge, ability, and caring manner.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2017

Dr Staelin operated on my right wrist for carpel tunnel release in 2012. I had to have the other wrist repaired for the same issue recently. No problems with either surgery. Dr Staelin and staff are friendly and accommodating. Would recommend him and see him if I had other issues.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2017

Dr. S. Tyler Staelin's Credentials

• Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)

Workers Comp