Ratings for Dr. Andrew H. Combs

Dr. Combs did an excellent job, twice, on two broken arm/wrist fractures resulting from falls on ice, approximately five years apart. In the first case, I was traveling out of the US in about 10 days and by the time I arrived in Dubai, I was able to write with the injured hand.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

flag | Submitted January 27, 2013

My experience with Dr. Combs and his staff at The Sports Medicine Institute of Indiana was amazing and wonderful. I was treated with extra TLC after sheepishly admitting what a baby I am when it comes to medical care of any kind. The nurses and Dr. Combs listened and offered me care and comfort so that I was able to relax more and feel more confident about my knee surgery. After the surgery, I was fortunate enough to use a cyrocuff machine, state of the art equipment designed to increase ice and elevation treatments and speed recovery. My experience was so good that I would highly recommend Dr. Combs and The Sports Medicine Institute of Indiana to anyone in need of superior treatment of knee injuries.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2012

I really appreciate the easy going manners of Dr. Combs. He makes it very easy to get some help. Thank you for the great service!

flag | Submitted January 11, 2012

Combs was fine initially, however things did not improve post op. My concerns were not taken seriously. I found him to be dismissive and unwilling to acknowledge he just might be repsonsible for my lack of progress. I have changed doctors and am in the process of making up for lost time.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2008

Seemed reluctant to discuss the procedure he wanted to perform and would not explain risk. After he botched the surgery, I understood why - it appears Combs may have graduated at the bottom of the class.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2008

Makes too many diagnostic and surgical mistakes and lies about them to avoid responsibility. Thirteen of fourteen customers that I met were worse off after surgery by Combs. Be aware that in Indiana, a doctor can legally self-describe a surgical specialty without specialty specific training or certification.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2008

He is always pleasant. He takes time to listen to me and my concerns. We need more doctors with his personality and genuine concern for his patients. I will recommend him to others when the need arises.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2007

He is once of the bests doctors that I have ever seen. He is almost always on time. The nurse that works with him is awesome. He is great about explaining your condition, showing you the test results (xray, MRI, etc.) and pointing out exactly where the injury/problem is and then suggesting the different treatment options along with the results and possible side effects. Like I said, he is one of the best doctors I've ever seen.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2005

Dr. Andrew H. Combs's Credentials

• Indiana University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)

Healthnet