Ratings for Dr. John C. Heflin

Wonderful doctor! He was able to help me with all my problems.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2018

Went to see Dr. Heflin and he answered all of my questions and was extremely helpful. Doctor was excellent and the staff was nice!

flag | Submitted August 22, 2018

Dr. Heflin needs to have an actual nurse. Someone who has the educational background as a Nurse to explain your medical needs. Do not feel comfortable speaking with a receptionist or having her taking my vitals (blood pressure, temp). It's crazy having a receptionist that argues with you and she has no idea what she's doing. This doctor's office needs to get up to date when dealing with prescriptions. Never heard of a doctor's office who cannot fax in scripts or call in to the pharmacy. So behind with the times.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2018

I always liked Dr. Heflin, but never much cared for his wife or receptionist. I just always smiled & made small talk. When we switched insurance, I called to see if they accepted it and they said yes. I made two of our children routine physicals. At the appointment I handed the receptionist/nurse the cards. His wife was also there. We continued to chat. Not once after seeing our insurance did either one say anything. After the appointment as we went to leave, I was told they do not accept the insurance. We later received a bill for almost $300. This was not a needed appointment nor did our children require anything. Just a routine physical. They nurse & wife began calling us about the bill to which we argued that it was their mistake. They even began calling his work and harassed his receptionist for not having him take the call. My husband wrote Dr. Heflin a letter explaining how we were told they accepted the insurance and had they not, we never would have made the appointments. He never responded to the letter, but rather the office turned our bill into collections. Very disappointed in their lack of taking responsibility for their mistake. Once we changed Dr offices, the new office faxed Dr. Heflins office 4 times to get medical records. I finally had to go to the office to request they release them. It's illegal for them to not release them and how inconsiderate of them to never respond to our current Drs office upon their request. Dr. Heflin may be a great doctor, but there are plenty of other great doctors who have staff that are better qualified. His staff is very rude & unprofessional making the experience in his office dreadful.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2017

Staff is so rude, it's unbelievable. My wife is afraid to call the office now because of it. Also ridiculous that don't accept credit/debit or FSA card for payment. Last place on the planet that doesn't do that. It's 2014, people don't carry check books anymore. I like the doctor for the most part. Talks too much about politics though.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2014

Received very good treatment from Dr. Heflin, office nice and staff was kind and helpful.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2014

Good doctor with well rounded skills and attitude. As for the receptionist, she is difficult and in some regards, ignorant. Other than that, my visits with him are rather nice.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2012

He is a very good DR. His wife is very difficult to deal with. My whole family and in-laws use him. I would recomend him highly!

flag | Submitted November 29, 2011

He doesn't take people without insurance so don't even bother unless u r special . What a great guy he must be!

flag | Submitted October 25, 2011

calm and competent doctor. not rushed and takes the time to listen. as for the complaints about his staff, she is polite but to the point. she will not bend privacy rules for anyone.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2011

Dr. John C. Heflin's Credentials

• Temple Univ Sch Of Med, Philadelphia Pa 19140 (Grad. 1991)

Top Hospitals in Meadville, PA