Ratings for Dr. John M. Joseph

One of the best Doctors out there! Very knowledgeable!!! He will actual spend time with you & get to know you & your condition!! Yes there is a long wait but come on that's every doctor's office! Plus wouldn't you like for your doctor to get to spend time with you & not just collect a paycheck.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

I haven't seen Dr. Joseph in a while, but I met him when he first started his practice in a hospital in Carrollton. The last time I visited him was in the Plano office. He has a great bedside manner, and takes his time to answer all your questions and concerns. I highly recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2015

Dr. Joseph is one of the best doctors I have ever been to. I waited forever the first time I went to see him and I tried to walk out but the nurse asked me to stay. The staff in Carrollton is not very good, which is a recurring theme here, but I felt it was worth the wait. He takes his time with you, making sure you have all of your question answered and feel comfortable about your situation. Mine is a little strange and he even admitted it is a little perplexing and so he is trying the process of elimination but isn't pretending he knows everything. He returned my call at 8 one night, and since my wife had also called to ask questions since she is a nurse, he called her at work and spoke with her also. Can't say enough about him. Great doctor.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2014

Was the most horrible and frustrating doctor appointment I have ever been to. I waited in the waiting room for more than an hour then the moved me to an exam room where I sat for 45 more minutes. In total my appointment took over three hours due to waiting. Once Dr. Joseph came in he didn't listen to anything I said, brushed off all of my symptoms and test results and talked about he's other patients and how I could have it worse. He continued to check his phone and the nurses would come in and interrupt to talk about other patients. Absolutely horrible experience and will never go back.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2014

Be careful not always true in facts. Extremely long waits before appointments. Seems nice at first but be careful.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2013

Unfortunately, there seems to be little communication between the doctor and his staff which causes delays in returning calls and/or relaying information. He is very knowledgeable and polite, but, sometimes makes calls very late at night. Office wait time regardles of actual appointment time can be VERY long.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2011

I've been going to Dr. Joseph for seven years. I dislike the office staff in the Carrollton office but I see him in Lewisville so I don't deal with them often. His nurse in Lewisville is amazing. She's always pleasant and you never feel the needle. Dr. Joseph has always been pleasant, calm, understanding and patient. His appointments can run long but that is because he takes his time to really sit and talk with you to get a "bigger picture" point of view. They even have a sign up that says they take their time to help EVERY patient so our patience is appreciated. Even so, I rarely wait more than 10min to see him. I moved recently and the Rheumatologist here is terrible. We drive roughly three hours, round trip, to stay with Dr. Joseph. My daughter is also a patient of his. I sprained my ankle, or so we thought. At a regular appointment, he asked about it. He didn't like the look of it so he x-rayed it. It was broken in five places. He really listens to and cares about his patients.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2011

After waiting for 2 1/2 hours in the waiting room, the doctor came in and did not pay attention at all to anything I was saying about my symptoms. He would ask me a question and then not wait for the answer before going on to the next question. He was not interested in my prior history or current history. He then diagnosed me with something I already have! And was not willing to try to really find out what was wrong. His office staff was not at all helpful and he was unapologetic for the wait time (he made a joke about it, in fact). I left without answers and incredibly frustrated. It was a complete waste of time.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2009

What a great doctor - though he tends to run behind schedule, he gives you absolute attention once you're in the room. He answers questions, many times before I've even asked! His staff is usually friendly, and helped when there was an issue with my appointment.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009