Ratings for Dr. Joaquim Sousa Posa

It is indeed a shame that the time has passed and Victoria / Galiano has been left without a pioneering physciatrist - one who actually makes a difference in making significant changes in a person's life. Big Loss for the world!

flag | Submitted June 16, 2017

Uses outmoded and disproven therapies. He creates a cult like atmosphere where the individuals issues are secondary to validating his own ego. Too much physical touching made me extremely uncomfortable.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

A trail blazer in the field of humanity which is akin to those who bravely stepped out, above and beyond the "acceptance of normal" for the betterment of mankind. The risks this person takes in order to help people set themselves free from debilititating and neurotic tendencies and lifestyles. Tendencies which are twisted results due to inadequate and destructive parenting. Although many see the current day through their damaged past, there is a way out if one chooses to take the responsibility for themselves to free themselves no matter how hard this may be to do. Let's say, if you take a wagon train across the raging river with the unseen hazards below the surface - it is not going to be smooth sailing - right. It is how you travel the trip that brings you intact through the other side to solid ground. Such is the way of this process. If you want peace of mind, this method will get you there as long as one is willing to work for it to remove themselves from being a victim.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2014

flag | Submitted January 28, 2014

Depression was part of my life/for a lot of years.I rec'd ECTs,spent time in pschy. wards,had brain surgery,talking and group therapy. I was functional. Once, I saw Dr. Sousa-Poza and committed to enter therapy. I have gained self-worth,more confidence in myself, I trust more. I have been able to let go of my sexual abuses as well as mental,emotional,physical abuses. I recognize my triggers and reach out for guidance and work through therapy. I have not been hospitalized for depression for over 30 years. There have been ups and downs and I recognize them. I released over 60 llbs. I am happier and feel more whole within. Thanks to Dr.Sousa-Poza I walk with a smile and more confidence.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2013

I was fortunate to meet Dr. Sousa-Poza when I had "nothing to lose". I was paranoid, walking with a bat in my home, unemployable, unable to socialize. Due to a traumatized childhood and total lack of emotional support from my parents I have a lot of anger and have difficulty deciphering my behavior (reaction) between reality, present and past. In fact, it is only in the last week I have become aware of my inability to make commitments to improve myself via education, steady employment, self-care because I could not feel my "real self". I was going through the motions but was absent inside suffering from deep despair and depression. Because of the therapy method, "motherly" nurturing and in the past medicated sessions (which helped speed up my progress a lot) and "fatherly" nurturing I am beginning to understand how to take responsibility for my behavior. I am now able to work and socialize. I intend to continue with this therapy - it is my lifeline.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2013

Doctor Sousa-Poza was able to recognize my anoxeric tendencies as a reaction to abuse when I was a child. ALthough I haven't reclaimed all the things in my life that were lost because of the abuse I have much more in my life now than I could possibly imagine. It was his therapy that assisted me to work towards getting a better life.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2013

I am a very satisfied long term patient. The therapy is very challenging but the long term rewards are well worth it!

flag | Submitted May 17, 2013

I attended and shared in many group therapy sessions A common thread in our communal therapy experience was that we had all tried conventional mainstream psychotherapies but ours were deep issues that somehow these therapies could not address Not adequately anyway And not enough for any measurable or significant change These horrors and traumas that I lived with have had mind shattering effects and disallowed any kind of peaceful, normal existence I had the good fortune of being referred to Dr. Sousa-Poza I committed to and began his regimen of unique and intense therapy sessions which, over time have changed my life I feel for the first time in my life that I can cope and I have experienced a vastly improved state of mind. I am now able to function normally because of his methods his therapy and his approach to my problem It worked I am thankful for what he has done I can say that I am here today because of Dr Sousa Poza Without his intervention I would not be alive.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2013