Ratings for Dr. James F. Moruzzi

Called me Friday and told me I should be ovulating soon, and to get my donor sperm as soon as possible. I paid $250 to overnight the sperm, showed up for an ultrasound and my sperm had been received on Monday and both doctors were gone for the week at a conference and they had no backup doctor. I was unable to inseminate that time and lost $1000 in sperm. No apologies, no phone call, staff was uncaring. I went to another doctor who decided to run some tests moruzzi hadn't even suggested, despite all the symptoms. A large fibroid was found on the back wall of my uterus. I've since had an excruciating surgery to remove something that was showing textbook signs... extremely heavy periods, anemia, and fertility problems. By the time I am able to try and conceive again, I will have lost a year. No excuses for his unprofessional actions and not even suggesting a very simple test.

flag | Submitted December 24, 2016

I have been rescheduled twice in two weeks... lame scheduling!

flag | Submitted October 19, 2016

I love the staff. Very helpful, willing to help. Great senses of humor. Really under appreciated by patients with no patience. He is helping women be pregnant, delivering babies, saving babies and I think the is very thorough with each patient so appointments take long and often the wait is long but just plan for that instead of stressing over it. Bring the right questions and don't go in impatient and rushing to get out. We went to several different doctors before settling on doctor Morruzzi and I gotta say if after reading some comments I felt a little protective of him because he is one of my favorite doctors ever. His style may not fit every one but he is never careless. He saved our second son absolutely. When it looked like we might lose him we were in the hospital immediately so you know it take time to learn to be a good patient too. Asking the right questions, giving good info. making sure you get heard when you need to. Doctor Morruzzi and his staff are knowledgeable, and very cqaring and they love their kids. Love to claim them years later and see how they've grown and thrived. They are very good people.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2015

Moruzzi and staff are great! I have two healthy beautiful kids to show for it! The dr works all the time, calls as late as 9 and delivered one of babies in the middle of the night. Yes it takes awhile for your visit but once he's with you, you don't feel rushed. He takes his time which is why he's often late. He's taking time with all his patients. My phone calls were always returned and even after having a few miscarriages he was always so reassuring that would be able to have a baby! Jeri is great with helping with insurance and billing. I would strongly recommend!

flag | Submitted December 7, 2015

Couldn't diagnose simple depression after several visits.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2015

am nearly 30 weeks into my pregnancy. Made an appointment to transfer to Dr Moruzzi from Multicare. I was stunned at the 2 hour wait and even when pulled into the room, I waited another 45 min just to have the nurse come into the room and tell me i needed to wait back in the waiting room. This was the worst OB visit i have ever delt with. Annoying to say the least!

flag | Submitted August 24, 2015

Going to Dr. Moruzzi was the worst decision we made when treating our infertility. His appointments were always at least an hour late, his staff was extremely insensitive to someone going through infertility, we were left alone in his office with patient files and given leftover medications with other people's names on them, he administered too much Demerol during an egg retrieval causing me to be extremely sick and slowing my breathing to dangerous levels, he had no explanation for losing one of our frozen embryos, his in attention to my estradiol levels caused me to hyper stimulate which resulted in fluid on my lungs and he and his staff were rude and insensitive when dealing with my miscarriage. He kept terrible medical records of my dosages and medications which made it impossible for my next RE to determine was my doses were. I would never recommend Dr. Moruzzi to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2015

Dr. Moruzzi is a very wonderful doctor. He is very knowledgeable and knows his stuff. I would (and do) recommend him.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

We almost lost our twin due to his negligence. Our baby girl had been growing slowly the entire pregnancy,then at 26 weeks, an ultrasound showed that she nearly stopped growing at all.He was not concerned at all about the slow growth.He just kept saying it's fine. He scheduled another ultrasound for 3 weeks later and told us not to worry about anything.We were very upset and decided to get a 2nd opinion. We had been seeing another OB at UW med center who specialized in hypertension during pregnancy, we called him and explained what was going on and he told us to come up right away.He performed an ultrasound and was so concerned with the slow growth that he immediately admitted my wife to UW where she would remain the twins were born.2 weeks 2 days later, we were rushed into an emergency C section and our twins were born If we would have waited to come back for an ultrasound with Moruzzi 3 weeks after the last one, there is a good chance that the results would have been devastating.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2014

Dr.Maruzzi is the best doctor,he is very professional& he put effort in his work.If you want to get pregnant in vitro he is the best doctor.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2013

Dr. James F. Moruzzi's Credentials

• Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Brooklyn, Coll Of Med, Brooklyn Ny 11203 (Grad. 1985)

Avmed