Ratings for Dr. M. Ruthnum

I have been going to see this dr since I was a little girl, he has helped my entire family incuding my grandfather who went blind in his early 50s. He does not have time for chit chat but to correct all problems which is what is needed, I dont care about small talk a dr is there to help you find the problem. And he did just that. I went to numerous of different eye doctors about a year a go because I could not see properbly when I finally went to see dr ruthnum he discovered I had two stigmatisums one in my left the other in the right. the one in my left eye was worse then the one on the right which also was the reason for my migraines. I would recommend this dr to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2010

Dr. Ruthnum truly enjoys his work and you can tell. He goes above and beyond to make sure his patients are cared for properly and communicates really well with my GP.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2010

I felt that this doctor was not really interested in hearing about my symptoms at all, but simply started doing the usual procedures. He did not take the time to ask any questions and gave an inaccurate diagnosis based on little inquiry.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2010

Rude and has no time to do a proper testing. My glasses were not right even though I went back to make sure they were. I have now found out that my prescription was twice what it should've been. My husband had the same problem with his glasses after being tested. I will never ever go back to this doctor as he has no pride in his work. He just wants to get it done and get you out of his sight.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2009

This is one Doctor that I will not be going back to because of lack of confidence. I really don't care about about his personality and abruptness, but I do care about the quality of care, and this is where I have a problem. First of all, he mis-diagnosed me as having cataract which I later substantiated from another Doctor as being incorrect. Because of his mistake, I've suffered for the last 2 year wearing prescription glasses that were totally wrong (he wouldn't update my prescription because of the belief that my "cataract" would cause my vision to deteriorate). New Doctor, new diagnosis and new glasses. I mentioned to my new Dr. that my best guess was that Dr. Ruthnum had a bad day and wasn't paying attention to details (what a coincidence after reading other reviews).

flag | Submitted April 24, 2009

Dr. Ruthnum is very experienced and explains things well. I always look forward to seeing him and listening to his straightforward advice. He keeps up to date and enjoys his work. I think his receptionist is wonderful too!

flag | Submitted January 15, 2009

I think you all here just caught him on a bad day or something. I was just there this morning and the receptionist was extremely friendly, as was Dr. Ruthnum. He was laughing, joking, and smiling. I read these reviews before I had my appointment and was nervous that he was going to be a jerk. Not the case. He's super friendly. I will definitely go back to him if need be.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2008

This doctor mis-diagnosed my mother, basically brushing her off. He wrote a perscription that was completely wrong - we had to re-pay for an additional eye test with another doctor, when the vision store couldn't make sense of the prescription. As a specialist, he missed noticing macular degeneration that an optometrist picked up almost immediately. Unfortunately, it is now too late to correct. I would not recommend this doctor!

flag | Submitted November 19, 2008

Worst doctor I have ever seen. He couldn't diagnose me so told me my problem must be stress! When I insisted I was not under any undo stress, he thn told me my vision loss was all in my head (as in - made up!). My husband insisted on driving me to Vancouver to see my former Opthamalogist who immediately recognized I had a virus affecting my vision and prescribed medication (steroid drops) which began correcting the problem within hours. Ruthnam didn't spend the time to make a diagnosis...and he appeared to be way over his head so he tried to make me feel like I was the problem instead of the one suffering. I would never recommend him to ANYONE.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2008

Okay, maybe not the most sociable guy in the world! But ..... I think he "does know his stuff." (which is what I want in a Dr.) He told me my problem would improve with time, and ......guess what?? It did! So there! Quit your ****in' about lack of bedside manner. <g>

flag | Submitted July 24, 2008