Ratings for Dr. Michel Lirette

Absolutely AMAZING! He is the best Dr. I have ever seen. I have never been to a male doctor for female issues but he was so easy to talk to and so knowledgeable. I recommend him to anyone and everyone. My mom goes to him as well and loves him!

flag | Submitted January 21, 2015

flag | Submitted August 14, 2014

Dr. Lirette is a wonderful and caring doctor. He has delivered all of my children. He is genuinely warm and caring. I dread the day he retires.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2012

I have been Going to Dr Lirette for almost 13 years now I have had 3 of my children delivered by him I enjoy walking into his office being greeted by his wonderful staff who know me by name and still ask about my children and how they are doing. He has always made me feel comfortable while hes is doing procedures (surgical or not). I would recommend Dr. Lirette if you are looking for a family oriented office with a Dr. full of life...Such a great man. I consider him almost part of the family as we have always been treated like family. If i had 10 thumbs out of 10, i would give him 10 thumbs up!!! Thanks Dr. Lirette for always being that caring Dr. who knows how to take care of his patients during surgeries or not.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2012

I have been going to Dr. Lirette for many years and have become very frustrated with his unwillingness to take the time to answer questions. I have no idea if he is a knowledgeable physician or not because his attention is somewhere else during my visits. I do know that I have had my last visit with him.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2012

Dr. Lirette delivered my first child and he was gruff during the delivery, and impatient with me, although I delivered in a short time. At a follow up exam he made relatively insulting comments about my shape, ie.. I needed to work my arms out as flabby...it was strange. Not very compassionate and he is defiantely impatient. After that I changed and my other two kids were delivered by alternate obgyns.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2011

Dr. Lirette delivered my daughter last year. Although I wanted to vbac, he was very definitive from my first trimester that he would only do a planned c. He is very sweet, but VERY quick and VERY busy. At my c he was very attentive. This was great b.c I always felt rushed during office visits. He is a GREAT stitcher!!! he totally corrected and hid my awful scar from my first c. I called the office a few months after my daughter was born because I felt I was going through PPD - they took this call VERY VERY seriously and was referred by Lirette to a wonderful Psych-NP. I always felt a bit rushed, like a number during my pregnancy, but he was very caring during and after the birth. I wish he would have given more consideration to my vbac request. Unfortunately, I found the nursing staff and facilities at Holy Family to be sub-par at best; I don't know if I want to go there again if we have a third child.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2010

As a nurse, I have been a loyal patient of his for over 16 years when he had practice with Dr. Edwards. His practice erroded with uninformed exams with poor follow up. Nurses now run the practice and yes, he has a charming personality however if you are outside of the office or ask for more clarification around excessive ultrasounds over simple ovary pain, he becomes very loud, oppositional, and arguementative. I had a simple urinary issue which I did go to office for urine sample but wasn't issued antibiotics despite being doubled over in pain. I called next day to demand to speak to him as this now became an issue for my PCP, he left a UTI untreated and it became a kidney infection. I spoke to him politely on phone asking him why this happened, he flipped out, swore at me,and sent certified letter telling me to get new GYN! I was beyond shaken up and stunned. He refused to treat me without notice and used profanity at me and I never uttered a word and cried. Practice is in shambles.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2009

I am sorry to say that as a nurse who has worked with this physician, if your're pregnant and would like a vaginal delivery, he is not the physician you want. He bullies his patient into a c-section by ordering multiple ultrasounds and scaring them into believing there may be something wrong with their baby. I've heard him ask patients "Do you want your baby to die," when there is little evidence supporting his claim. Apparently he's been taken to court a few times and now he's scared to be a real OB so all he wants to do are c-sections. As charming as this man may be, he should not be practicing medicine. Even his patients who are fortunate to get by with a vaginal delivery, he gives them an extensive episiotomy because he is too impatient to wait for the baby to stretch the perineum (which would allow for little to no vaginal trauma) and come out slowly. Please take heed about utilizing his services.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2009

I like the Dr., but Judy Carbone his N.P. is the star of his practice! Judy is the most compassionate and kind nurse. I have been with the Dr. for over 10 years, and Just has cared for me through many issues. She is always patient, calming and kind. If she leaves I'll have to find another Dr. Although I like Dr. Lirette, his tlc can't compare to Judy. (Heck, he's a man!)Kudos to Judy and Dr. Lirette, give her a raise!

flag | Submitted April 1, 2008

Dr. Michel Lirette's Credentials

• Queens Univ, Fac Of Med, Kingston, Ont, Canada (Grad. 1977)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Lawrence, MA