Ratings for Dr. Ian McMaster

Dr. McMaster has been my doctor for years. He is extremely knowledgeable. He has sent me to specialists when needed . He is kind and funny. Best of all he calls on my bull and not afraid to ask question that could be uncomfortable to answer to get the most information to give the best care possible. I have recommended him to family and friends. As long as he doesn't fire me first. I appreciate all you do for all your patients. Thank you.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2015

My children and I have been going to Dr. McMaster for over 2 years. I'm still impressed. He is excellent with my kids. I only want Dr. McMaster to take care of my family. I just went in for check ups and he was great. Took his time with the kids and really tried to make sure they were comfortable. He always answers my questions and explains things. His nurse remembers my children by name and is kind. The only negative I have is the receptionist (s). She is not a very warm person. I feel like the front desk could be a little better. But, overall still a pretty good experience.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2015

Not very personal. I have to explain things all over again every time I visit - must not look at or keep very good records, charts, or notes

flag | Submitted February 19, 2015

I have been taking my kids here for years. Dr. McMaster's delivered my last child. There were complications and he was right on top of it. He kept me informed without panicking me. Very nice and helpful doctor.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2013

Doctors should give the care they would want their families to receive. Assuming that someones pain isn't real doesn't make you a good doctor. Not running dianostic tests doesn't make you oppion any more valid than mine. I hope Dr. McMaster's family prac takes better care than he did of mine.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2011

I think McMaster is a wonderful doctor! I don't go very often, but the times I've gone he's been very helpful. I had Bell's Palsy last year and he knew within the first 5 minutes of being there, and was able to get me the help I needed as well as recommending further resources for me to study. I would definitely recommend him to anyone! He'll be our family doctor as long as he's there!

flag | Submitted May 9, 2011

Dang I was starting to wonder if these people were talking about the same person.I saw Dr.McMaster for my pregnancy,I chose to switch to him after my original doctor was a jerk. I love going there the staff is wonderful and could get in for an appointment even on very short notice. He was very involved when I was in labor and even assisted with the c-section.Heck he told us a a little of a personal story about how he was breech. My husband says truly stupid things in the appointments sometimes at like well baby visits and I get more annoyed then the doctor. I came here from a doctor who cut me off every question to one that will look up the answer if he doesn't know it. I love going there and am glad that I found a doc that doesn't make me feel bad about having medicaid.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2011

I think Dr. McMasters is a fine general medicine doctor. He is not the type to coddle and hand hold, he is direct and conducts his practice in a business like fashion. I myself am usually late for my appointments and still have never had to wait more than 20-30 minutes to see him. I'm not ga-ga over him, but he is certainly competent enough at what he does.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2010

My husband & I both like Dr. McM very much, because he cuts to the chase and won't accept BS. He understands health & in particular, problems associated with being FAT. His office is full of the morbidly obese, both patients & staff. I'll bet you dollars to donuts those people who didn't care for his bedside manner are people who are sick because of bad choices they have made in their lives (smoking, overeating or alcohol) and didn't want to hear that a little exercise or better diet could help them a great deal. Many people close their ears to that; they want a doctor who will pet their hand and give them pills to pop. That's not Dr. McM. He's a thinker. He analyses. Then he tells it like it is, and his advice saved my husband's heart, and probably his life. He's lost 80 pounds and is HEALTHY for the first time in years. Maybe some of you complainers should look in your mirrors. Being healthy feels TERRIFIC!

flag | Submitted November 2, 2009

I am AMAZED at the scores Dr. McMasters has. He has been my primary care Dr. for almost a decade and frankly, I think he pretty much walks on water. One of the things I like the MOST about his medical treatment style is that he involves me in what he wants to do. He asks what I think I need then after he perscribes he asks if I am comfortable with the treatment. Nobody is perfect 100% of the time but this Dr. knows his stuff. I am extremely pleased to be his patient and am grateful for his skills and knowledge that have helped me and my family for years. I hope he stays practicing for a long time to come.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2009

Dr. Ian McMaster's Credentials

• University Of Utah School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)

Molina