Ratings for Dr. Barry B. Sosnin

I had the worst experience of my life in this doctors office. I have been a patient for a few years. Dr. Sosnin was always nice but always left you sitting in the exam room for over an hour. His new staff were very nice also. My last appointment he told me he was taking me off my hormones. I asked him to give time to find a OBGYN before he did that. he stated that he couldnt ethically do that. but he has been prescribing them for me for 3 yrs. i told him i would go crazy w/o them bc of my complete hysterectomy. he told me that if i was getting upset and going to make the apt uncomfortable that i would have to leave. i told him that i wasnt upset that he was the one who seemed to be upset. he then told me the apt was over and i needed to leave his office. i started crying and asked him what i had done wrong. he told me he would no longer be my doctor and then threatened me saying that if i said anything negative about him that he would come after me. i just stood there in disbelief. i begged him to please help me. why are you doing this? and he called the police on me. I have no words. how can you treat someone that way? I never raised my voice or said a single negative comment. I only cried for help. Utter shock and disbelief.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2016

Dr. Sosnin ended our patient-physician relationship in February when I announced I was moving to a new practice in April. He claimed once you tell the doctor you're moving on, the relationship ends the day you mention it. I've left other practices and NEVER heard this. There were outstanding transportation referrals to see specialists he recommended and a Wheelchair RX for which Dr. Sosnin refuses to follow-through. he had the audacity to tell me today to have my new female doctor do all of it. My wheelchair is broken. He's known for nearly a month that it's damaged. He further stated I was rude for requesting he follow-through with the referrals and the wheelchair. Now, I have to cancel all those specialist appointments because he refuses to be an adult. Dr. Sosnin may be a good face to face doctor. However, he is unreliable when it comes to paperwork. No one should need to hound a physician to obtain necessary paperwork.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2015

This doctor is awesome but his staff his rude especially Barbara. They also get in no hurry for you to be seen, had an appt at 10 one time and LEFT office at 2:30! Ridiculous!

flag | Submitted January 15, 2015

There are not enough great things I can say personally about Dr Sosnin and his staff. Dr Sosnin goes above and beyond to assist and get his patients on right path! We are so blessed to have such a compassionate and caring doctor that takes time and listen to his patients. Not quick to give a pill to fix a problem, he finds the cause of the problem! That is a real doctor!

flag | Submitted November 20, 2014

Just like everybody else's post about the rudeness of the Dr and his staff, I first hand experienced the same treatment. I will never go back to this place again and I will never refer anyone.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2012

Dr. Sosnin is fairly okay. However, he does have a hateful rude bunch of people working for him. One in particular Barbara Hutchins, is the reason why I now longer go there.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2012

flag | Submitted March 21, 2012

Can't keep track of who is who or one visit to the next. Doesn't rmember patient or problem

flag | Submitted November 4, 2011

The staff is the main problem. His assistant, the lady in her 40's with the dirty blond shoulder length wavy/curly hair. She is quite rude and arrogant. She made me feel about as small as a grain of salt. I really disliked her attitude and feel she violated my privacy. I am very upset with this place and how dirty the facility was as well as how hateful this particular lady was. As for this doctor he seemed friendly at first but he was a bit distracted and seemed mentally disturbed. Not sure if he knows exactly what he is doing.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2011

Nasty and dirty facility! He has a woman named Brenda that works for him and she is a real smarty pants! I use that word because I do not want to say anything vulgar. To say the least they reuse nasal tubes on other patients. Then they send you a huge bill for it! He has the rudest assistant ever!

flag | Submitted January 20, 2011

Dr. Barry B. Sosnin's Credentials

• Pikeville College School Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 2002)

Commercial Insurance Company