Ratings for Dr. Julie Kay Ferguson

I feel so validated to see that I'm not the only patient she's thrown a chart at! Dr. Ferguson is as ugly on the inside as she is on the outside. I hate to say that, because it sounds mean, but it's true. She's a monster through and through. Prone to temper tantrums, yelling, and throwing things. She belongs in a mental hospital - as a patient.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2016

Worse Doctor ever ... She's rude condescending and left in the middle of our visit. We spent time and money for this appointment to be completely let down. Dr dirges on needs to retire - she should not be practicing. I will be calling my insurance company to make sure she doesn't get paid because she did not provide service. Do not waste your time going here!!!

flag | Submitted October 27, 2015

The staff are overall good and friendly. But this doctor, Dr. Furguson, is one of the rudest human beings I've ever seen. I never met or heard that a doctor could be so rude in the presence of a patient. I went to have a check on my knees. She didn't appear and approach friendly and warmly at first but I thought it's ok people have different personality maybe she was just like that. After several questions I missed one of her questions and instead of answering I kindly asked her to repeat the question. She played intended strong accent word by word and said "how! long! have! you! been! married!" And after I remembered and told her I had an X-ray last year and she got so mad at me (literally mad) and yelled at me "oh you didn't tell me" and shut the door and left. I was shocked. The X-ray was 1.5 years ago. I was pregnant after that and had so many medical processes and delivered my kid in June this year. I really forgot to mention it at first. Guess it is a huge mistake to make you yell at me and shut the door rudely in my face? She shouldn't be a doctor. She is a horribly cold person and mentally disable to be a professional one.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2015

If you want a doctor that is straight forward, direct, does not waste your time and provides great healthcare, use Dr Ferguson. I have been going to her for over 10 years and have never experienced what other raters are reporting. She expects you to follow her instructions and treats you like an adult. Her staff is very professional and always very helpful. She is a good Doctor, but expect to be treated like a patient. She is your doctor, not your counselor.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2015

I have never had a doctor be so rude to me in all my life, she is absolutely horrible!!! She yelled at me told me I was a liar regarding how much I exercise and refused to fill my ADD medication (that the behavioralist she made me go to put me on) even though I had been on it for 6 months already and she had been prescribing me. She actually got in my face screaming at me because she said that I should be losing weight and I'm not. Even though it is documented all in my medical charts that I have PCOS and do not lose weight like normal people. You world think a medical doctor would know the effects of a medical condition, but obviously she doesn't or doesn't care to. Uggg definitely a doctor I suggest you avoid at all cost. I will say her staff is absolutely wonderful though, I'm not sure how they put up with her.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2015

Terrible patient interaction skills. She yelled at me and threw my medical chart at me at the checkout desk when I asked for a FMLA form for my employer. She said I should just quit my job if I was that concerned about my health. She berated me in front of other patients and staff. I went to see her as a follow up from a recent hospitalization. Clearly I had a medical condition that needed follow up yet she yelled at me as if I was making it up. She is dismissive and rude! Thank God my cardiologist was amazing and took care of eveything.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2015

This woman picks and chooses when she will be kind and when she will be totally nuts. It's a move bullies have always done so as to maintain some support from chosen set of people she will use for backup during reviews etc. Its disgusting how quickly those who have a good experience will dismiss claims of abuse, as if to say if it didnt happen to them it didnt happen at all. This is simple and selfish logic. I went to see Dr. Ferguson once and had a good experience, but she kept looking in the mirror on the door, it was weird. The second time, she talked over me and wouldnt let me complete my sentences. She doesnt have to be a psychiatrist to have quality patient interactions. A doctor is receiving information from vulnerable people who need help. She isn't a gift from God simply because she completed medical school. She vowed to help people, not treat them like fools and take their cash. Im never going back there again and Im actually relieved that this wasn't personal, she's just a plain old grump. She's not going near me, my vitals or bloodwork bc her attitude makes me distrust her decision making process. Again, those she does accept, there is no reason to feel proud, she is fake and you are fools.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2014

posted moments ago Worst experience I have ever had with a doctor. I have had regular care for over 15 years with doctors. I have built relationships with my physicians. Always. She was cold, rude,impatient, judgemental and once she had created a situation forcing me to tears she was competently unsympathetic to my obvious distraught as she continued to behave as if I had done something wrong. She questioned and grilled every single thing I have learned about my physical and mental health I was in the most vulnerable position I could be: un-clothed and looking to find a new doctor due to new location. I am appalled at the treatment I received and even more so by the complete lack of trust building, empathy and care giving. If you are looking for a doctor who will see you as an individual and listen to you before deciding how to treat you DO NOT GO TO HER.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2014

I have been going to Dr.Ferguson for 10 yrs now. Never have I ever had a problem. She has been great. Yes..she is staight to the point. She is very busy. She is a doctor not a psychiatrists.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2011

Do NOT go to this doctor, period. A few misguided, i.e. deluded individuals think she is great. She doesn't know what she doing and is not professional. SHE SHOULD NOT BE PRACTCING MEDICINE.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2010

Dr. Julie Kay Ferguson's Credentials

• University Of South Florida College Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)

Healthnet