Ratings for Dr. Jason B. Van Ittersum

Had a terrible experience - he put a hole in my face and made my pre existing condition worse. Very arrogant - he thinks he's really something special and it made me think so much less of him.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

A four minute appointment--yes four minutes--for what the nurse said was a "head to toe" exam. Good thing the receptionist had told me it would be an hour--since he was over 30 minutes late getting to me. He probably knows what he's doing, but as I looked around the office I thought they were trying to push people to cash (ie. cosmetic) services. I'm going wait a week, contact my insurer, and see what CPT code(s) they billed my insurance. I suspect there isn't a CPT code that says "4 minute head to toe exam."

flag | Submitted October 22, 2009

I went to him for the new lipo fat cells melt and was very pleased with the results. While his personality can be a bit brusque, I found him to be very professional and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2007

I had 6 laser hair treatments at a medical spa and saw very little results. After 1 treatment by Dr. Van Ittersum, I saw a huge improvement. I feel he is the only laser person in the area who knows what they're doing.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2007

After seeing numerous dermatologists for my psoriasis, he was the only one to listen to all of my comments and concerns and treat me with cream and light therapy that actually worked. I have referred several people to him and will continue to do so.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2006

I also went to another medical spa where I was burned and developed several blisters from a laser treatment, but my experience was completely different. He didn't make me feel stupid for going to a place that I probably should have known better than to go to, and was really reassuring that I wasn't going to look permanently horrible. He gave me some cream to use (didn't even charge me for it), and told me the spots would probably go away on their own but the cream would make it less likely they would leave a scar. He also said that if they did leave scars, there were treatments that he could do, but that they probably wouldn't be necessary. Well, one of the spots did leave a scar, but he fixed it with a laser and now I can barely see where it was. Total cost was $150, including the laser and follow-up visit. I told my sister about him, and she likes him so much she switched her entire family to him.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2006

I developed a blister from a photofacial at another medical spa. I went to see him and he wanted to charge me $2,400 to "fix" it but it cleared up on its own in 2 weeks and now I can't even see where it was. I do not trust him.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2006

He seemed annoyed by my questions. He didn't treat my mother well. I felt like we were inconveniencing him.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2006

diagnosed me correctly after 2 other dermatologists and my family doctor couldn't

flag | Submitted March 21, 2006

I believe he is the most rude Dr. I have ever seen. He is not only arrogant, and condescending, but he is only out for the $$. He took a mole off my son's leg that DID NOT have to be removed. He made us feel like it was cancer in order to push guilt upon us to remove it. Now my son has a huge "hole" in his leg. In summary, I wouldn't send my dog to him. I have complained to my Interist about him and his practice and they had heard these complaints before. I hope referrals to his office are going down. They should be! He is aweful!

flag | Submitted November 28, 2005

Dr. Jason B. Van Ittersum's Credentials

• University Of Michigan Medical School (Grad. 2003)

Kaiser-Permanente