Ratings for Dr. Huy Cao

My husband, myself and 4 kids see him. He is very intelligent. Sometimes you can tell he's having a bad day but I always feel we get great care.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2017

Extremely intelligent doctor. Great with kids. He is quiet and has a dry sense of humor. Not mean or rude at all.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2012

Excellent doctor for my daughter for the last 6 years. He has been very helpful and kind. Dr. Cao also has an excellent bedside manner and my daughter likes him and is comfortable around him.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2011

Dr Cao just seems to lack compasion or empathy for his patients. I felt like a number as opposed to a human being. He stikes me as a very intellegent person and a very qualified Doctor; but as others have mentioned his bedside manner is lacking at best. Dr. Cao's location and associated services (in the Rocklin location) make this office very desirable; but I just can't continue to be seen by someone who seems to have a lack of compasion for me as a human. When you ask Dr. Cao for an explanation as to what your test results are or why he's prescribing you a medicaiton he seems upset and responds in short explanations. I hope other find this helpful...

flag | Submitted June 28, 2011

I like him. Very smart, willing to try/help. I admit his personality can be abrubt: I'd rather have a doc who knows his stuff even if his bedside manner is lacking, than an quack with a nice personality. It's true he likes to take care of stuff himself and not refer you but if you work with him, try his way initially, he will refer you.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2010

Dr. Cao, is a walking medical encyclopedia but is rude and has absolutely no bedside manner at all. A patient shouldn't feel worse after leaving the doctors office. He doesn't listen and is condensending and short tempered with his patients. He doesn't even explain the medication he prescribes just tells you it is at your pharmacy. Jail doctors would be nicer!

flag | Submitted October 13, 2010

Said I was imagining a health problem after he couldn't find the source of the problem. Anothe doctor did.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2010

Totally nice not like what others claim. Sees my entire family. Very smart man

flag | Submitted April 17, 2010

Dr. Cao has been pleasant in the past visits but this last visit was insulted by us wanting a referral to a specialist. His personality immediately changed and he was rude. We still are the customers, and I think he forgot that.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2009

I agree with the other comments. You leave feeling like you wasted your time and money. He doesn't seem to take past health history seriously, and doesn't really listen to what you say.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2009

Dr. Huy Cao's Credentials

• University Of California, Davis School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)

Workers Comp