Ratings for Dr. Martha J. Maso

Very inconsiderate!!! I understand Dr needs to make money and books 6 patients per hour in case someone will cancel. But why my time is less valuable???? I had 10 am appointment. Showed up on time. Was told wait time is 40 min, no apologize, just a matter of fact information. After an hour of wait I asked at the reception when will I be called to the exam room? In a matter of huge favor I was informed that I am next. In the exam room wait took another 30 min. Overall I spent 1.5 hours for the follow up visit. Dr. Maso is good but not worth waiting for 1.5 hours.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2015

Dr. Maso is a very good doctor. She found something on me that I would have never noticed and it was pre-cancer. Highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2015

Generally a good experience. Once I waited over an hour first thing in the morning to be taken in. She has called me after multiple appts to give test results herself. Busy, fairly in-personal office. She does seem to do a through derm check. Follow-up for excision takes months to get appt. with partner.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2011

Wait time varies, depends on time of day and day of week. Kind, excellent bedside manner, and a sharp eye. My family has been going to her for years, and she has found melanomas on several of us and removed them EARLY. So aggressive with biopsies? Yes, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Would you rather the alternative? She was kind to recommend me to other Dr's when my insurance changed - but in the end, I still go to her even though out of network. She's well worth it.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2009

Dr. Maso is, in my considered opinion, a terrible dermatologist. She is quick (once she is actually in the room with you... after 60+ minutes in the waiting room), smug and very scalpel-happy. She will slice stuff off your skin before you can even suggest she might want to try cryotherapy instead. Expensive jewelry jangling, slice, slice, slice... cash register ringing. Run away! There are plenty of other dermatologists in the area to choose from who are less likely to decorate your body with keloid scars.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2008

After quite a delay in the waiting room, Dr Maso was very kind and compassionate. She gave me a few different options in regards to treatment, rather then just going at me with the scalpel like many other derms I've seen. She was thorough and gentle and made me feel very comfortable. I would definitely recommend her!

flag | Submitted June 6, 2008

Dr. Martha J. Maso's Credentials

• Umdnj-New Jersey Medical School (Grad. 1986)

HIP