Ratings for Dr. Jory F. Goodman

Will be filing a lawsuit. Do not trust him with your mental health.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2017

His receptionist, Susie, is unpleasant, and actually told the doctor I had cancelled an appointment when I had not. He himself, on meeting him briefly, seems rather irritable and unpleasant as well. I would never go back.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2017

He is very opinionated. If you want to listen to his lectures on politics and his religion then he is the doctor for you. If you want a doctor who is concerned about your needs then not so much.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

My son was suicidal and admitted to hospital. Unfortunately, Dr Goodman was assigned to his case. I asked to speak to the Dr and was told he would probably phone me that night. I waited a week before he deigned to speak to me and that was only after I called the hospital repeatedly asking to speak to Dr. Goodman. His secretary told me he was a VERY busy man with many patients and my son was not the only one...............as if the rest of us have nothing to do either. She finally agreed to a 5 minute phone call with him that day. I found him condescending and dismissive. He prescribed a drug that cost $900 for a months supply. He saw my son almost e Rey week day for about 2 minutes just to adjust his medications. I was totally shocked when I received a bill from him for a FULL HOUR'S consultation for every day he saw my son. If my son had have received this attention, I would not ha e minded. About a week after the first phone call I had with him, I asked to speak with him again about what the next steps were in my son's care. The secretary (who must be either his wife or lover from the way she behaves) told me I could have a 15 min phone call for $250 if I liked!!!! I pointed out that if my son had been in an accident I doubt that the Dr in the hospital would be charging me extra for a conversation about thé treatment of his broient limbs. Frankly, i have been stunned by the contemptuous treatment I have received from Dr Goodman and that utterly obnoxious woman in his office. Bottom line.............Dr Goodman only cares about HIS bottom line and not in the least his patients' outcome. My advice??...........find another Dr

flag | Submitted May 31, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Goodman for a few months now. He is the first psychiatrist to ever address my physical problems in addition to my mental/emotional issues. That is to say, I am overweight and I was only sleeping for about four hours a night when I first found him. Unlike what other reviewers have said, he neither over diagnoses ADHD nor does he overprescribe medication. In fact, he took me off of two of my medications (Abilify and Wellbutrin). He stated he would put me back on Wellbutrin if we found it necessary in the future. On my first visit, he noticed my weight without me having to bring attention to it (I have asked several psychiatrists in the past what to do with no advice or help forthcoming) and asked me how much weight I had gained since being on Abilify (60 pounds). He said it was only meant to be used in the short-term and does make people gain weight. He immediately took me off of it and since that time I have lost more than 10 pounds without much effort at all. In addition, when he took me off of it he said it was probably also causing my sleep disturbance. I immediately started sleeping 8 hours or more a night after that medication change. He increased the dosage on my last remaining medication in order to combat irritability I was experiencing due to being taken off my other medications. In short, Dr. Goodman excels in medication management both for physical and mental problems. As far as people saying he diagnoses them with ADHD, well, that is his specialty so he is likely more adept at seeing it than other psychiatrists. As far as myself, he said I had some symptoms of ADHD, but not enough for a diagnosis. He did agree with my previous diagnosis of Bipolar I Disorder, which he said I had classic symptoms for. Now, as far as Suzie goes, I really don't understand why reviewers are complaining that she might be his wife under a different name. If she is his wife, I really don't care and I totally understand that she might want to retain some anonymity/privacy as far as her relationship with Dr. Goodman. It's not really a valid complaint. As far as Suzie's customer service, she has never been anything but pleasant and efficient towards me. She understands that I'm not really a morning person and takes care to schedule me later in the day. I feel people generally respond to you the way you treat them, so if people are confronting Suzie to begin with, is it really that surprising that she is not nice back? Also, I owed a bit of money and when I called to give her my credit card number, she said, "I trust you completely, you can just pay on your next visit." My next visit is tomorrow, roughly two weeks after when I called. Yes, Dr. Goodman is an expensive Beverly Hills doctor, but I do not believe he only cares about money. For one, he accepts Medicare, which most psychiatrists in Los Angeles do not. In addition, as far as to the complaints about him not accepting self-pays, I feel this is completely understandable. NO physician wants people who do not have insurance, it's a huge problem for them collecting payment. Again, Dr. Goodman is an excellent physician and psychiatrist. He cares about making people healthy both in mind and body. He excels where other doctors don't even listen. I will continue seeing Dr. Goodman for the long term and highly recommend him.

Submitted May 31, 2015

Most unprofessional doctor I have ever come across. Sent me a letter after seeing him for 2 months saying he was terminating my service with no explanation at all. When I called to ask why he told me not to call him again and hung up. I am filing a complaint wits the BBB. This doctor should not be licensed and his receptionist is just as rude and condescending. Horrible person, even worse doctor

flag | Submitted May 30, 2015

Submitted January 15, 2015

Dr. Goodman is one of the most unprofessional people I have ever dealt with and gives all doctors a bad name...He is a very bad person, just looking for the money....He doesn't care about his patients. All he cares about is making money and taking advantage of people who come to him for help.....

Submitted August 11, 2014

Dr. Goodman is a good Doctor. Is he annoying YES. Do it his way or do not use him. He is the only MD in 31 years who did a metabolic panel. He referred me to an endocrinologist for followup. He also did a brain scan which was negative. He monitors his patients closely. If you phone him he will get back to you. Otherwise schedule a new appointment. He saw me daily in the hospital. If you don't agree with his politics, SO WHAT! This is not why you are there. He uses old school medications and it works. I have a BSN and he respects my intelligence. Some MD's speak down to you because after all you have the problem.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2013

I have seen SEVERAL PSYCHIATRISTS and none of them diagnosed my problems until I finally found Dr. Goodman. He actually treats my symptoms as medical issues. None of the other docs ever suggested lab work or emg's, brain-scans. My lab-work and emg's came back with negative results and I thank Dr. Goodman for his knowledge and insight.

Submitted November 8, 2012

Dr. Jory F. Goodman's Credentials

• University Of Southern California School Of Medicine (Grad. 1976)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal