Ratings for Dr. Timothy L. Harvey

This man is dangerous. He is a liability to the Alaska Native Medical Center. As an employed physician with the Indian Health Service, he has been afforded the duty and the unique privilege to advocate for this historically marginalized population. Sadly, rather than reduce health disparities in this community, he magnifies them. How so? He scares the living daylights out of his patients to the point of no return! For the most part, I’ve been delighted with the health care I have received at ANMC and South Central Foundation. But this man is an outlier. I don’t know how he slipped through the cracks but ANMC should nuke this creep before they get sued. Another reviewer commented that he attempted a pelvic exam on her. I believe it. At the time of my visit I was severely distressed and on the verge of tears. He just sat there emotionless, with an unwavering cold gaze on my chest. I felt so violated. Really guy? Really? In an attempt to make the interview less awkward, I attempted to elaborate on the concerns which prompted my request to see a psychiatrist. He responded to my comments dismissively as if I lacked the intellect to contribute anything meaningful. He must have perceived my vulnerability as weakness. All I can say is that if you become his patient, remain assertive and don’t let him make you feel small. If you choose to file a complaint, welcome to the club. Advocate for yourself. Above all, don’t give up hope. Request a different provider who treats you like a freaking human being! Lastly, all I can hope for is that this poor excuse of a doc NEVER is granted permission to be alone with children, who are obviously ill equipped to advocate for themselves . I would NOT trust Mr. Timothy Harvey with my kids if Pope Francis deemed him a confident.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2017

Worst doctor I have ever had BY FAR. He put me on medications that raised my resting heartrate to over 120 bpm and insinuated that I was somehow altering my resting heartrate to get off that medication. I had to go over his head to get the offending medication reduced, and I suffered terrible withdrawal. Maybe I pissed him off when I declined the gynocological exam he offered me after drugging me senseless with Haloperodol. I have an OB/GYN, thank you very much! He tried to have me committed and it took three other doctors to override him. I had two hospitalizations and, the second time around, I formally requested another doctor, but my request was overridden and he tormented me worse than the first time. Both times I had to leave the hospital "against medical advice." I never had a mental breakdown before and have never had one since, yet Dr. Harvey refused to consider Seasonal Affective Disorder. My subsequent shrink said I was secerely overmedicated and helped me to wean myself off those horrible drugs. I spent years in therapy recovering from the heck this man put me through. He cost my husband and me tens of thousands of dollars, since we had to move away to get away from him. We simply could not risk another hospitalization.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2016

Dr. Harvey was horrible. I went in for help and his response was "unfortnuately there is not much I can help you with. No one here specializes in that disorder, and you're already on Prozac 20 mg each day. If you want, we can follow up in a month. This was extremely unhelpful and made me feel like my problem was unimportant and nonexistent, while I KNOW I am definitely having problems with disordered eating. I will never go back to him, nor do I recommend that anyone who seriously needs or wants help from a psychiatrist go to see him. He will waste an hour of your life that you will never get back, and you won't feel any better going out than you did going in.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2011

Dr Harvey is a grumpy, bitter man who does not uphold the responsibilities of the facility he works for. In addition, he is not easy to work with, and is very often rude to referring facilities and their staff.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2008

Dr. Timothy L. Harvey's Credentials

• University Of Kansas School Of Medicine (Grad. 1977)

UnitedHealthcare