Ratings for Dr. Hillel Z. Baldwin

Fantastic, incredibly trained surgeon. Has performed numerous procedures on my special needs child. I don't think I would have watched her graduate this year without Dr Baldwin. Has been her surgeon for over 20 years. Can't say enough good things

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

I've been fortunate to have Dr. Baldwin preform needed spinal surgery on 3 occasions; from 1997 to 2016. All have turned out well. Tucson is lucky to have such a dedicated and competent surgeon!

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

I had a long and complicated back surgery. Dr Baldwin thoroughly explained things to me and answered any questions I had, provided great care before during and after my surgery....that was almost 15 years ago!

flag | Submitted March 8, 2017

Dr. Hillel Baldwin is the best there is in his field and we are lucky enough to have him in Tucson, AZ.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

Dr. Baldwin is the best Dr. I had for my crush disk.. I don't have one bad thing to say about him.. I did received pain meds .. but I also refuse pain meds after the surgery. but the option was there..He a wonderful Dr..

flag | Submitted June 6, 2016

He requested bone scan and MRI would not even discuss, had some office staff call and read a sticky note. he was to refer and he never carried through, what a horrible way to treat patients! Dont see him, who knows if he is good or bad he is so rude!

flag | Submitted December 24, 2015

After suffering horrible pain over one year, lumbar shots half way working and no pain meds, surgery was finally done. My six week follow up was rescheduled so it was an eight week follow up. I made my pain pills last until appointment. I told doctor I still had pain and physical therapy was painful and took two days for pain to diminish to point where I could feel like doing something like fetting out of bed. I had a few pain pills left over. He asked if I needed more pain meds and I said yes. He look disgusted. I signed an agreement that said he will provide pain pills for three months after surgery. It is lie! He said I should not have any pain and would not give me any more. I have never abused any drugs, dont drink or smoke. I am tired of being in pain. I hurt and hurting delays healing. I am cancelling physical therapy and not going back for follow ups. I cant function because of surgical pain. Most doctors judge patients on looks, how well they dress, past medical history. Good looking people get better care, so I have to assume I am not good looking enough to get pain relief from a painful surgery. Dont use this doctor. I am hurting bad. Everyone heals different and feels pain different and a neurosurgeon should know this but Baldwin does not care

flag | Submitted July 13, 2015

I had ruptured discs for over one year. In horrible, horrible pain from pinched sciatic nerve. I never asked for pain mmedicine. Baldwin finally sends me to get lumbar shots and physical therapy. I asked for pain meds to get through physical therapy and was denied. The shots took away about 50% of pain. Baldwin finally did surgery. No one called the next day to see how I was doing, as is customary after surgery.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2015

The BEST! Dr. Baldwin is an excellent physician and surgeon. He is also an amazingly kind, gifted, generous, considerate, conscientious and honorable Man! His sense of humor is superb. He always has a smile and the time to answer any questions or offer additional information regarding any issue he thinks will make me a more informed patient. He cares about his work and about the tremendous responsibility he holds. He cares about his patients and his community. I wish there were more doctors that had his intelligence, personality, and fortitude. He is a treasure to the medical community in Tucson, AZ and I am very fortunate that he is my surgeon. He is the BEST!

flag | Submitted May 4, 2011

Dr Baldwin has saved my life. Without him and his expertise I would still be in the wheelchair that I used for the last 6 months. When I cried because I was afraid he held my hand and spoke words of comfort. I owe my current way of life to him.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2009

Dr. Hillel Z. Baldwin's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Hillel Z. Baldwin, a Board Certified Neurological surgeon since 1996, practices at the Carondelet Neurological Institute of St. Joseph's Hospital. He has been a practicing surgeon partner at Western Neurosurgery, Ltd. in Tucson, Arizona since 1992. Dr. Baldwin received his medical degree from the University of Louisville School of Medicine in 1985, and completed a General Surgery and Critical Care Internship at the Phoenix Integrated Surgery Residency Program the following year. Upon completion of internship, he became a resident at the Barrow Neurological Institute in Phoenix, where he completed his training in 1992. During this time he completed a Complex Skull Base Surgery Fellowship at the University of Cincinnati. Over the next sixteen years Dr. Baldwin became Chief of Neurosurgery at Tucson Medical Center, Northwest Medical Center and El Dorado Hospital in Arizona. He served as president of the Arizona Neurosurgical Society from 2010-2012 and remains active in the Congress of State Neurosurgical Societies. In addition to his certification with the American Board of Neurological Surgeons, he is a fellow of the American Association of Neurological Surgeons, an active member of the Congress of Neurological Surgeons, and the Western Neurosurgical Society. He has received the Best Doctors of America designation since 2010. Dr. Baldwin presently performs a wide array of adult neurosurgical procedures with subspecialty expertise in Minimally Invasive Brain and Spinal surgery, Complex Skull Base surgery, and minimally invasive pituitary surgery. He is a certified member of the Society of Lateral Access Surgeons and has the largest clinical experience in this minimally invasive technique in the state of Arizona. Additionally, he is certified in the Transcorp minimally invasive cervical spine technique and has the largest Arizona clinical experience with this procedure. Dr. Baldwin co-founded the annual Cindy Wool Seminar in Humanism and Medicine in Tucson and remains active in pursuit of educating physicians in enhancing the doctor patient relationship. He is fluent in Spanish and Hebrew. He enjoys cycling and back country skiing.

• University Of Louisville School Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)