Ratings for Dr. Tom Welch

This man actually told me he didn't care about me one way or the other. He said he was here only to prescribe medicine and that was all. A counselor and two nurses were present at the time. After the traumatic experiences I had been having, this was the last thing I needed to hear. I have started a grievance against him and highly recommend if anyone else has experienced this type of behavior from this medical professional, you should do the same.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2013

flag | Submitted August 31, 2011

The previous negative comment must have been referring to a different Dr. Welch as it doesn't describe the Dr. Tom Welch I know. The Dr. Welch I know is very caring, helpful on prescribing meds,does give samples before prescribing to check out their impact, and makes sure they are appropriate. Dr. Welch has a great sense of humor which is very relaxing in stressful situations. My circumstances are very stressful and he has put me at ease with his approach to my very complex problems.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2008

Doctor Welch is a very down to earth kind of Doctor who is easy to talk to and easy to relate to. He seemed sincere and genuine when he saw me as a patient and he explained things in a way that could be understood. He offered several different suggestions on things that may help me and was very helpful and understanding in the amount of money I could afford on medication. He did his best in prescribing medication that would help me, but also that I could afford. He will provide you with sample medications if at all possible to see if they help and then he will write you a prescription later if they do and you still need them. Not only does he present a very professional manner but also has a good sense of humor that just makes your whole doctor visit so much more pleasurable. He will make you laugh even when you don't feel like it!

flag | Submitted December 29, 2005

Dr. Tom Welch's Credentials

• Univ Of South Al Coll Of Med, Mobile Al 36688 (Grad. 1982)

Healthnet