Ratings for Dr. Jessica M. Allan

I have been Dr Allan's patient for many years and I highly recommend her and her assistants! This is no pill pusher with 3 minute apppointments. Very thorough.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2013

Dr Allan and her staff are excelllent. I went in for Travel shots and they took me the same day and even accepted insurance. Very satisfied!

flag | Submitted July 13, 2012

Worst doctor in NYC. If you want to get ridiculous bills for months after your visit, and be treated like scum when you try to dispute them, then this is your doctor.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2012

Dr. Allan is extremely caring, patient and friendly. If she isn't sure about something, she'll double check and find answers, and always spends as much time as needed to discuss problems. They always try to squeeze me in on the same day or next day for emergencies. Bill, the office manager, while very busy, is very responsive when you get through. Best though to keep calling the office to get through, rather than leave msgs., but I find that is increasingly true @ all doctor's offices. Her staff are routinely caring and helpful, though it is sometimes a bit chaotic. That's a trade off I'm willing to make for a doctor who spends time with patients and is caring and helpful.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2011

You might not see it first, but trust me that this physician is absolutely insane. Do NOT go to her.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2011

Extremely hard to get an appt. I suffer from frequent bladder infections,had to visit the ER multiple times just to give urine and a script b/c they could not even squeeze me in. = paying ER fees since this is not considered an emergency. Last year I went for an annual exam/bloode work. Called while on vacation to ask for results, was told over the phone everything was fine. Went back this year for annual/she pulls my bloods from last year which actually were NOT fine. I had been walking around for a year with a deficiency and other issues. Retake the bloode and the office “mishandles” it. Go back for results after leaving 4 messages with no call back until you finally get Bills attention..and she reads me the wrong labs from the wrong year I HAD TO CORRECT HER. Showed up for another appt and nobody was at the desk, I assumed she was with a patient and 20 minutes later she walks out in plain clothes and said sorry reschedule I have to teach a class. Will never go back again!

flag | Submitted January 11, 2011

Dr Allan, Norma and Bill are wonderful. They respond to my emails promptly and I can always run in for a quick appointment with Dr. Allan. I have never had a problem with anyone in that office. Highly recommend Dr. Allan.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2010

If you want to be treated with respect, courtesy and compassion then DO NOT go to Dr. Allan. 1. She walked in with the wrong blood tests. I told her she already sent me for additional tests and that she had the old results. 2. She got the new results and rushed through the blood tests. Stood up next to me while I tried to see the paperwork over her shoulder. She used big medical terms that I didn't understand. Diagnosed me with two genetic conditions and told me she was going to send me to a specialist. 3. I asked to go over the results one more time so I could write down the terms and better understand what she was telling me. 4. She said "actually, I have to go." I sat there shocked -- she refused to go over the results with me again because she said she had a class. Before rushing out of the room she told me to "go on the Internet and look up the terms" ! 5. I walked out, wrote her a letter about my disappointment but I'm still waiting for an apology and medical records

flag | Submitted May 27, 2010

I have been seeing Dr. Allan for 8 years I think. I got shuffled over to her when my Dr quit at another practice she as a part of. Since branching out on her own, yes, her office is horribly managed but I have never had a Dr who spent so much time with me. She is very hands on and will draw blood herself and spend lots of time looking things up to figure out what is wrong. Bill, the office director is usually very helpful when you can grab his attention. You have to be knowledgeable about your insurance tho, because they don't know what is covered and what isn't. I have aetna now (but have had UHC and BC/BS in the past) and they don't cover a popular test, for practically anyone. Dr. Allan ordered the test, but it would have been nice to know before getting the $150 bill that it would not be covered. Her office has tried to help me with an appeal as much as they can, but it is probably a lost cause.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2009

I went to Dr. Allan for the first time for an annual physical exam. I did not receive an exam because she said that she would give the physical after the lab results are available. But in essence, I and my insurance are charged for 2 visits for one purpose. On top of that, the staff told me that I did not meet the deductible and asked me to pay $175 for a visit that only involved speaking with Dr. Allan. I later found out from my insurance that the annual exam is covered and it does not count toward the deductible. I am still waiting for my refund from the doctor's office. But now I have to pay over $300 for lab tests. I don't feel that the office is very knowledgeable of insurance or costs for health care. All they want is payment up front. I don't think that I will go back to them.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2009

Dr. Jessica M. Allan's Credentials

• St George'S Univ, Sch Of Med, St George'S, Grenada (Grad. 1998)