Ratings for Dr. Stuart Isslieb

Every time I had an appt. I was rushed in and out. I received a diagnosis and nothing else. Not one explanation on what it was or what I even needed to do for it... I had to google it. He may be extremely knowledgeable in his profession, however he is horrible at communication. I swear I was a dollar sign walking in and out of his office.... I will find a new Dr for my issues.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2016

He fought to get me a colonectomy that saved my life. That was 9 years ago this week. I am eternally grateful.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2007

What can I say? He is the worst specialist/doctor I've ever seen. 1) Appointments are NOT on time, averaging 1 hour wait, plus there was a long wait between appointments. 2) He prescribed MANY unnecessary (and very costly) tests and procedures. You're much better off googling rather than seeing this doctor! (The cost of $1500 included all the out of pocket costs I incurred due to the unnecessary tests I underwent. Insurance costs were a lot higher!)

flag | Submitted April 30, 2006

He spoke very quickly, didn't thoroughly or even briefly explain things, came in and out of the exam room 2 or 3 times during my short 10-15 minute exam, didn't appear very focused. He only listened to my first problem and dismissed the other complaints I had until I kept pursuing the matter. He told me to avoid foods that seem to bother me and to keep a food diary. That was all he said. I found out more information online than from a one on one doctor's visit. I am now scheduled for a colonoscopy which I will probably cancel and look for another doctor. He didn't explain the procedure, the drugs I would be taking, or the effects afterwards. His secretary came in and quickly explained what I needed to do to "cleanse my system" before the procedure. Overall, I was thoroughly disappointed and frustrated.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2005