Ratings for Dr. Nathan S. Ross

I have found Dr. Ross to be thorough, professional and quite attentive to my medical needs and questions. I say a number of doctors on a variety of health issues on a regular basis and I would rate him among the best of many good doctors I see.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2011

Horrible Dr - can't get a correct answer from him or his staff.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2010

This office is the worse. A 40 minute wait is typical. The office staff is rude and unprofessional. If you need a refill on a presciption they will not respond to the pharmany requests and patient calls will go unanswered. It took me over a week to get a refill on a presciption that Dr. Ross prescribed that I can not live without. This is not an isolated experience - it has happened 3X before - but never again since I will be going to a different Dr. As for Dr. Ross he does not have much of a bedside manner and his treatment, while pleasant enough is very nonchalant an uninvolved. When I commented to him about a prior preseciption not being refilled he joked that the office staff treated him badly too.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2010

I haven't seen Dr. Ross in a couple of years, but I wanted to share my experience there. He was pleasant enough. Seemed to recognize my thyroid symptoms that were unusual. I problem I had was with the staff. They kept making mistakes, with my appts and name and birthdate. I couldn't trust them to get things right and my issue was complicated so I didn't want to babysit them. I also didn't like the surgeon I was sent to. When I asked if I could see someone else the office told that was the only surgeon they use. I left the clinic.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2009

Dr Ross did not even ask about my symptoms or offer any explanation for them when I had to volunteer them. He only looked at my labs and already had his mind made up before ever seeing me. He also contradicted himself regarding taking supplements. I waited 45 minutes even though I was five minutes early and had all my papers in order. The receptionist was not very friendly but the nurse was good. It took four seperte phone calls just to find out my lab results. They finally called back ten days later. He is the stereotypical gruff "old school" doc that appears to have the god syndrome and probably should retire. I left his office with more questions then when I arrived. The appointment was a complete waste of time and money. He would not offer an explanation why my waking temp was consistently low. Everything I have read indicates low thyroid. My labs also indicated slightly low thyroid. But no treatment option was given.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2009

I have an appt. coming up with dr. ross, and now i'm frightened. drs should never be in & out. and should listen to every little concern a patient may have. I think I will be looking elsewhere for and endo dr. thank me for your honest opinions, this sure helps deciding who you will be trusting your life with

flag | Submitted November 28, 2008

The receptionist was extremely rude. The nurse very nice. The Dr. was rude, unapproachable and not willing to discuss options or give his medical opinion. A total waste of my time and money. I should have just walked out. He does not care to really listen his opinions are already formulated. Probably too much time working with type II diabetics who don't take care of themselves - so he has become calloused. RUN From this office Dr and his rude staff.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2008

you wait forever to see the dr for a minute and he did 2 unsucessful fnas, missing my thyroid and then not a suffient sample so inconclusive. he will not prescribe anything other than synthroid or similar, he told me t3 isnt safe and wont prescribe it

flag | Submitted June 6, 2008

Dr. Nathan S. Ross's Credentials

• Brown Univ Program In Med, Providence Ri 02912 (Grad. 1979)