Ratings for Dr. Richard D. Lim

Referred to Dr. Lim for surgical consult. Began to have asthma attack in result of severe pain. Dr. Lim walked in, put his hand in my face and said, "I can't work with this, she's having an asthma attack", and began to leave the room,. My Mom asked him if he'd help me. He said, "Call an ambulance", and left the room. I was transported to hospital, where Dr. Earman performed surgery. Call Dr. Earman!!

flag | Submitted August 6, 2016

Dr.Lim is friendly and professional. Not pompous at all . Never dismissive . He is a doctor for a complex nightmare case like me . I got rear ended and then the pain started . I started seeing Dr. Lim 2014 and soon I'll be getting surgery but which one is still to be determined. Dr will be reading my first MRI from him second MRI all together. He's calm,and knowledgeable,answers all my questions . Eases all my fears about surgery. I'll write my follow up after surgery and recovery . Some times people don't like the costs of Dr.Lims care and blame him personally which is wrong .

flag | Submitted March 28, 2016

Huge let down with this doctor!!! Went twice to the Orland office. Dr. Lim maybe spent 5 minutes with me both times, first just ordered MRI right away, explained the fusion surgery for 4-5 said I'd have to be back in few years for 3-4 and I'd never be pain free. Like that sounds promising.second visit was for the results , waited over a hour, denied a copy of my reports until he sees me, finally comes in explains the three pictures and says so what do you want to do, shots now for pain, fuse your back, or lose weight and live with pain management, I'm 5'9 155lbs. I'm not over weight. He's rude, not personable at all. gives off a pompous, higher then though attitude. I'm having lazer spine surgery next month out of state. DR. Lim gave me one surgery option. Never mentioned any other procedures that could benifit me, what's best for me. He's in for the money making not really for the patients in my opinion. I'll never go back.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

Really let me down! I came in for 6 herniated discs from 20 yrs ago. Im in pain now. The office wanted x-rays I said no to x-rays cause discs do not show on x-rays. Doc came in and didn't triage or examine range of motion and nerve function and touch my body to locate the area of discomfort... Wasted a month of my time and 2 hrs. and now i owe for money for just for showing up for nothing.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2015

Staff was nice and helpful. His PA was very knowledgeable and was very good at explaining my problems. As for the doctor - I wouldn't recommend him to anyone. He spent less than 3 minutes with me. He came in the room, shook my hand, said I can get an order for physical therapy and to call when I wanted the surgery and left the room. He didn't even stop when I began asking him a question. I will be finding another doctor.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2015

This doctor is dismissive and did not spend much time with me. A bit condescending and pompous like other reviews have commented in. He was not helpful. Bedside manner is not that good. It surprises me that some reviews mentioned he had a good bedside manner. I regret I wasted my time going to him. He seemed put out that I was there. Will be finding another doctor.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2014

On my first visit, I had an x-ray and met with a PA who I felt didn't understand my problem. Dr. Lim came in for about two minutes and ordered physical therapy. I almost went somewhere else because I didn't feel that he was treating me. I got progressively worse in physical therapy and had numbness and horrible pain. I called and left a message asking Dr. Lim to order an MRI and pain medication, both of which he did without requiring me to come back in or jump through any hoops. The day of the MRI, I met with him and was told that I needed surgery. Dr. Lim took a great deal of time explaining the issues and the procedure, etc., was very friendly and caring, and we scheduled the surgery for the next available date. The surgery went fine and I feel excellent. Dr. Lim has been seeing me for follow-up visits and has been nothing but friendly and helpful, and I wouldn't go to anyone else. He is VERY experienced, and is the only surgeon I will allow to touch my spine.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2013

I saw Dr. Lim for severe lower back pain. I had an MRI right off. Diagnosis was Degenerated Disc Disease: L5S1, L4L5. He did not think surgery would be necessary at that time. Physical Therapy to strengthen core muscles was ordered. Had I not been a truck driver by trade I would've lasted longer. After 5 years the pain was too much and we decided to have surgery. I didn't lose any weight either. I had been off work due to a work related injury and did some research. At one of my visits I told him what I found. Dr. Lim listened intently. I asked him if it was possible to do two of the proceedures as one. He told me that he would want to investigate it first. About 3 months later I had the surgery. I have been 90 to 95 % pain free for almost 4 1/2 years. That's more than exceptable to me. The best thing about him (besides his knowledge) is his beside manner. I will always recommend him. But remember, they are all only human and can only do the best they can.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2011

Having alot pain in my back and down my legs after back surgery. Dr. Lim says there is nothing he could do for my pain.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2009

they over looked my mri and caused me to suffer for 2 years, uneccesarily. dr lim needed to order more in depth mri's but chose not to. now i am starting to find out why i have so much pain in my spine. the staff moves you fastly thru,like cattle,and there is not much personalization involved.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2008

Dr. Richard D. Lim's Credentials

• Northwestern University Medical School (Grad. 1991)

Healthnet