Ratings for Dr. Dean I. Okimoto

Dr. Okimoto is very detailed. He asks lots of questions and answers of the questions that we had.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2017

Arguably one of the most difficult doctors and doctor offices to work with when seeking any sort of medical attnetion. Getting an appointment is nearly impossible and when calling this afternoon, I was left on hold for 20 minutes. This makes it impossible to get the medical attention I need. To top it off the staff and doctor leaves the office everyday by 4 which makes it difficult when they say they'll "call you back". Which they never do.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2014

Dr. Okimoto has been our Family Doctor over 20 years. We are all pleased with his knowledge and care for us. His staff is always very professional and helpful. This new facility has helped him be able to see patients in an organized fashion. I've not had to wait long periods of time. the few times that I have waited I know that some patients are worked in and there may be a slight delayz(I may have to be worked in myself so appreciate that he does this for his patients) He gives my family full attention and treated my visit professionally always helpful. I would recommend him to new patients.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2012

I have had Dr. Okimoto for 20+ years. Hands down the best PCP. Prescribes meds that cure and rid the ailment for good! GREAT DOCTOR!! His new office has you waiting less than 5 min to see him. Lab and x-ray on site. So Happy with the new location! I have recommended several friends and family to him and they all love him.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2011

I went to Dr Okimoto my whole life until about 4 years ago. Not only did I usually wait nearly an hour after my appointment time, but every time I saw him he just wanted to prescribe pain killers, muscle relaxers, and other meds instead of referring me out or giving me actual results to pain issues in my back. Even though I saw him for over 20 years, every time I'd go in he would act like we had never met, which defeats the purpose of having a family doctor. I will never go back, and the other 6 members in my family have stopped seeing him as well for similar reasons.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2011

I've known Dr. Okimoto for almost 40 years, since we went to high school together. He is one of the most trustworhy, well educated and honorable people I have ever know in my life. He continues to update his education, phones me with test results, never looks down on me and always returns my calls (at 10pm once !) When my mother was diappointed with her M.D. I recommened Dr. Okimoto and that was over 15 years ago. In the meantime she has reccomended Dr. Okimoto to 10 of her friends(all senior citizens) and all seem to be very, very satified with him, all ten! Yes you may have to wait a few minutes, but he will spend much more time with his patients and will help you with samples and information anyway he can. Yes this man goes beyond the call of duty and is a pillar to the community.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2011

You may wait in the waiting room for awhile to see Dr. Okimoto because when it is your turn, he is going to give you every bit of attention you need. He has been my doctor over 10 years and I have tremendouse respect for him.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2010

I saw this MD for nearly 20 years. Although I rarely needed his service, there was never a time that I waited less than 1 hour to see him. I always left questioning his diagnosis. He seems to prefer prescribing drugs over finding the actual problem. Most of my visits were repeats.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2010

I have been utilizing this MD for 15 yrs and have been extremely pleased & confident with his care.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2009

Dr. Okimoto was very knowledgable about every ailment I've had over the many years he was my doctor. He is an extremely compassionate man who thoroughly explains his diagnosies as well as the course of treatment he prescribes. In addition, he's the only doc who ever followed up himself (phone calls) to see about my progress after appointments. I knew he was a great doc, but it wasn't until after I left the state and needed to find a new one that I realized what an exceptional MD he is. Yes, he has a very busy office but it stands to reason: he gives utmost care to every patient and he accepts HMO patients.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2008

Dr. Dean I. Okimoto's Credentials

• University Of California, Ucla School Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)

WellCare Health Plans