Ratings for Dr. Stuart Bussell

He's an excellent doctor patients well being is his number one priority thank you Dr.bussell

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

After suffering an injury on my right side that punctured my colon, Dr Bussell fitted me with an colostomy bag on my left flank. He told me this was temporary and surgery would be performed in two weeks. Three days later, he told me that this particular conversation never happened and that I would have to spend the rest of my life this way. When I reminded him that he said he would perform the surgery, he told me I must've been fuzzy from the painkillers. My oncologist witnessed him make that promise as well as my wife and my parents and I can assure you that none of them were high. The bag kept sliding off and when I was sent home, I had to call my nursing service to change it at least three times a day. I woke up every morning in a puddle of my own waste. Dr.Bussell told me that this was a better quality of life than if I had the surgery. He also told me that surgery would require 4 months of recovery. Finally, I found a great surgeon in Hartford who had no issues performing surgery. I recovered in two weeks. No more bag, no more waking up in my own mess. While waiting for surgery however, I was rushed to Danbury hospital due to bleeding caused by the tube Dr Bussell put in. While in the ER, one of his med students tried to talk me out of having the procedure. She kept talking to me as if I didn't know the risks and mocking the Hartford surgeon's credentials, despite her not even knowing his name. This man is dangerous.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017

I have lived with my IBD for several years now. I have seen doctor after doctor and I have had a multitude of surgeries. I haven't known Dr. Bussell for very long, but in the short amount of time that I have known him, he's made living with this disease just a little more bearable. He is simply one of the most warmhearted, knowledgeable, and trustworthy-not just doctors- human beings I have ever met. He is dedicated to his work and I'm lucky to be his patient. He has truly helped to give me a life worth living again.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2014

Dr.Bussell performed a complicated colectomy on me and I found him to be knowledgeable, professional and caring. He made sure I understood everything the operation was going to entail and he answered all of my questions with great detail. He came to see how I was doing everyday while I was in the hospital and even when he wasn't on duty to stopped to see me. I would highly recommend Dr. Bussell to anyone who needed a competent, caring surgeon.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2014

My 17 year old daughter was diagnosed on a Saturday with a cyst on her tailbone that needed to be lanced.In the office, he was brisk, uncaring and I felt any question we had was a waste of his time.Around 12:30AM Wednesday, she awoke with severe itching and a burning at the area.After trying Tylenol (recommended the day of surgery) I called the answering service at 1:30AM. I apologized for waking him and he replied, "You did!". I explained why I was calling. When he told me to either got to ER now or call the Nurse Practitioner in the morning, I asked what he would recommend.He told me he had a major surgery in the morning and I was taking time from that patient.He also said I had a 17 year old teenager who was just being dramatic.She was a minor surgery he said.After telling me once again where I could take her, he hung up on me.Everything he said to me was in a nasty tone.The Office Manager, APRN, nursing staff, reception were great but changing to another practice!

flag | Submitted April 3, 2014

Dr. Bussell gave me a hemorrhoidectomy in March of 2012. There were complications, that I don’t think were his fault, and he tried to fix the situation. I can’t begin to tell you the suffering that this whole mess has caused me. Since then I have had 7 other surgeries to fix whatever went wrong, and I may need more. I have been to multiple doctors in different cities as well as a physical therapist to treat me, and I am still suffering. I understand that complications can arise from surgery; I don’t fault Dr. Bussell for this at all. The problem is that Dr. Bussell, who is a fine doctor as long as nothing gets too complicated, eventually threw in the towel and stopped treating me for the pain I was in which—for whatever reason—resulted from the surgery he performed. I'm still dealing with it, and there is no end in sight. I wish I could recommend Dr Bussell, because he's a nice guy, but this situation has wrecked my life, and Bussell and his staff abandoned me in a moment of need.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2013

It's not often that you find a dr. Who is skilled and compassionate. I have been a patient of Dr. Bussells for about 7 years now. He is one of the best doctors I have ever seen if not the best(and I've seen my share). He is truly concerned about his patients and their well being. The one thing that he did that gained a huge amount of respect for me was he sent me for a 2nd opinion, just for another set of eyes and to be sure I was feeling that I was getting the best care possible.. I don't know many Dr.'s who would set their pride aside and do that. If you are considering him not to worry you are in fantastic hands!

flag | Submitted September 28, 2011

Very caring, knowledgable and not quick to order unnecessary tests or prescribe unnecessary meds. His interns at the hospital weren't great, but he is.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2010

Dr. Bussell is friendly, courteous, professional, and generaly a pleasure to know. I have been his patient for 5 years and have always found him to be concerned, skilled, and pleasant. His staff is efficient, effective, polite and helpful. Dr. Bussell saved my life. I would recommend him to anyone in need of a consummately skilled surgeon.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2009

Dr. Stuart Bussell's Credentials

• Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine (Grad. 1996)

AHC