Ratings for Dr. Henry P. Birnbaum

Dr. Henry Birnbaum is a informative, explains everything thoroughly, answers questions in layman's terms. Dr. Birnbaum cares about his patients and their welfare. I would highly recommend Dr. Birnbaum. Dr. Birnbaum's office is easily accessible to many modes of transporation, subway, taxi, bus, metro north. Dr. Birnbaum is also very nice and personable.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2013

Excellent, knew his stuff. Did not call me back with unnecessary visits.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2013

Knows nothing and doesn't care about anything except his money and protecting his license. Misdiagnosed my heel spurs, completely unhelpful to my back, and just wanted to give me little prescriptions to treat me. Seemed totally disinterested in really helping me.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2011

Very helpful -- he saw me right away for an ankle sprain that wasn't healing properly, even though I hadn't been a patient of his previously. (Other orthopedists/physiatrists in NYC wouldn't see me for at least a month, even though I needed immediate care --they were more concerned with treating famous athletes and sports teams, apparently.) He surmised correctly that the ER had misdiagnosed me, sent me for an MRI and additional x-rays, and it turned out to be an ankle fracture and a ruptured Achilles tendon. He then referred me to a surgeon. He returned all my calls promptly. His office was also extremely helpful and responsive: great about returning calls and providing help and info. Recommended!

flag | Submitted July 7, 2010

Seen by him at the NYU Student Health Service a few years ago. People go to him because of pain so you'd figure he'd be a little patient if you're a little show, right? He got annoyed with me because I couldn't walk at a normal pace & had had to take several minutes instead. He recommended major back surgery & referred me to a surgeon with not so great results when fusions, and reassured me he's one of the best. So, I spoke with my university's internist & she told me there are a lot better surgeons than the one he recommended and that it's highly unlikely I'd need a fusion. As it turned out, the internist was correct! Simply put, Birnbaum is a jerk!

flag | Submitted November 24, 2008

Very helpful and caring guy. Gave me a lot of tips on posture and ways to avoid the pain I was having. Really tried to make me feel better which is all you can ask for. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2008

Dr. Henry P. Birnbaum's Credentials

• Spanish

• New York University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)

Oxford