Ratings for Dr. Gaetano V. Bello

This man has the bedside manner of a slug! He has a superiority complex that he is the know all and end all. He belittles women making them feel guilty for events that they cannot control. I would NEVER recommend this man to anyone! You take an oath as a doctor to help people and I believe he is just there for the money. It's time for him to retire.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2015

For the ridiculous amount he charges - even by Manhattan standards you would think he could afford to hire a decent office person to answer the phone and not his rude, nasty and uncaring wife who only cares about the money!

flag | Submitted February 9, 2015

Dr. Bello has been my Dr. for at least 24 years. He has delivered my children, he has done surgery on both myself and my daughter and has always taken the extra step in caring and following up. I would always recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2015

I have read the comments below in disbelief. Who are these women ? I have been a patient of Dr Bello for over 24 years. He was my doctor for each of my three pregnancies. My daughter is a patient of his now as is her best friend (who has some complex medical issues and Dr Bello has been superb). Throughout my ups and downs, he has been by my side. The moment an issue develops he contacts the best in their field and gets you in to see them. He always follows up and spends all the time you need for consultations and to answer questions. I've only witnessed him treat each patient with complete respect and in a very professional manner. He is very knowledgeable and is very very thorough. I couldn't imagine having anyone else as my gynecologist. Whoever has read the earlier reviews (most likely from a single patient...notice the dates)....I only can say be wary...there are two sides to every story.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2014

This is a very unprofessional office. I have had the same experience as others with Julie and with the doctor. They are rude, belligerent and don't seem to understand a patient's state of mind or needs. I waited a month, given the office seems never to be open and Julie doesn't take messages, call back or communicate with the doctor - for test results that I was worries about. Turns out I had a right to be. Dr. Bello, when he finally called back, didn't even know why I has been calling....did not have the results. Negligent and thoughtless and unprofessional. I left and both were rude when I did so, lazy about getting me my own medical records. I recommend patients stay away.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2014

It actually pains me to write this review as I have been a patient of Dr.Bello's for almost two decades. I placed a great amount of trust in him, his knowledge and professionalism in all this time, particularly having had two surgeries with him. I do not know if I was misguided all this time or if something has happened, but I cannot believe how I have been treated over the past few months. After going in for a sonogram, 8 subsequent phone calls to go over results he knew I was eagerly anxious about (over 2+ months) time, I finally got a very aggressive voicemail telling me I have a large cyst and to see a specilist - inclusive of a lie about having left me 5 messages (hard to believe to miss in the age of the iPhone). Needless to say, I have never been able to reach him since. His wife/office manager could not be ruder, does not give messages and/or lies about giving them. Utterly unprofessional. I have since seen a specialist and hope that his indifference to my issues has not caused irreparable damage. It is a shame to be treated this way as I truly trusted my life/fertility with him for so many years.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2014

I called this office to reach Dr. Bello. First, the woman who answered the phone just said hello and I said hello and started to speak and she hung up on me. I called back and said I was trying to reach Dr. Bello's office. She said how can I help you. Again, I asked if I had reached Dr. Belo's office, in a VERY SNOTTY reply, she said yes, how can I help you. First of all, I didn't even know if I was reaching the Drs. office because of the unprofessional way the woman answered the phone. Dr. Bello should hire a professional to represent him and not some idiot who doesn't know how to speak with people, especially patients. I would not recommend this office. The doctor may be good but the woman who answers the phone is NOT.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2014

I have to say one of the most unprofessional experiences and offices I have ever been to. I was with this physician for a few years and while he has an affable manner, his practice is his alone and he seems to be going out of business. The office is only open 2 days a week. His wife answers the phone, when anyone does answer, and couldn't care less about a patient - does not relay information, is argumentative, attitudinal and just downright rude, I'm sorry to say. The office is run down, shabby, Christmas decorations are up year round. Mostly, it takes 4-5 calls to get a prescription called in. Takes several calls and days to get any results from tests - you have to get through a woman who just wants to discourage you from getting to the doctor. She doesn't relay questions, information or even the fact that you've called. The patient follow up is abysmal and finally the carelessness on that end gave me pause, thinking that it most likely was carrying over into my care. Turns out it was as the doctor misdiagnosed abnormal cells ("ah, it's probably nothing") and I am now getting radiation. I left and since have heard other patients, and even doctors, concur with the assessment of this physician. I would hate to have an urgent emergency with this doctor as he cannot be reached, has no staff that can be counted on to reach him, and his phone often just rings to a fax tone - who knows why. I don't recommend this physician in any way, and since moving to another doctor, am much happier and am enlightened by a much higher standard of care and patient treatment. Sorry he is going out of business, but it mag be understandable why.

Submitted August 27, 2014

This doctor is closing his practice - never in the office. Has part-time help that are not on-site just answering phone calls. That staff is aggressive, very nonchalant with needs of patients. Messages don't get through, rx's don't get called in, results don't get faxed or received. Equipment out of date. Sloppiness that makes you wonder about accuracy of treatment. Used to be a much better office - on the decline.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2014

I thought I'd weigh in to counter all the negative comments I've been reading. With regard to the office staff etc. that's not important. What is important in the big scheme of things is the medical knowledge and skill he posseses. In addition, he is a very caring gentleman.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2013

Dr. Gaetano V. Bello's Credentials

• Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of City University Of New York (Grad. 1981)