Ratings for Dr. Stephen R. Barnes

I have seen Dr. Barnes for almost 10 years and he is a very, caring and compassionate man. Not all of his staff is the best, but most are and he is the only Dr I will see. ( I'm a nurse and have been around plenty of doctors)

flag | Submitted January 1, 2015

Just as a warning: they are incredibly rude. I got there at 8:10am for my 8:15am appt and I was turned away because they said I needed to get there at 8 to fill out paperwork. Ok. I offered to wait, and I asked to talk to Dr. and the nurse claimed the Dr said no. Um first of all my appt was 8:15... Therefore I should not have been turned away at 8:10 by an INCREDIBLY RUDE girl at the desk. THEN the girl said "you didn't even confirm", excuse me lady, contrary to most people usually late for appts I am never late and DID confirm, otherwise how would I had known about the call and that I had to press 1 to confirm. WHICH I DID. I MEAN JUST RIDICULOUS. I drove half an hour to be turned away in the rudest way possible.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2014

I don't understand all the negativity over the pony tail. He has cut it and donating to a very worthy cause, locks of love to make wigs for cancer patients. Shame on you for being so judgmental. If you are a drug seeker, look elsewhere. He can spot one a mile away and he will appear aloof because you are taking away time from patients who really need to see him. I have had the honor of working for him and having him as my primary care doctor and I won't go anywhere else. He is kind, patient, and an excellent diagnostician. I will say that if you come in and start talking about your husband's brother's nephew, he will cut you off and get back to the problem you came in for. Otherwise, he will listen for a very long time concerning your own health concerns. I can't say enough great things about him. His patients love him, will follow him wherever he is practicing. If you didn't like him, you have lost a great physician.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2013

Dr. Barnes has been my PCP for approximately two years. It has been my experience that he AND his staff are always professional and courteous. Dr. Barnes is knowledgable and caring, I never feel rushed when in the exam room, if I have any concerns they are always addressed. The phlebotomist is top-notch as well! Thank you, Dr. Barnes.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2013

Terrible staff, can't solve problems with insurance, then they get anry and hang-up on you.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2013

The person in the previous comment is obviously a disgruntled drug seeker and there is more to the story than is being told. Dr. Barnes has always treated myself and my family with the utmost kindness and dignity. He is a Christian man with high integrity and reminds me of the old school doctors. He never rushes and always listens. I guess you can't please everyone, but this family is completely happy with his care and we are glad to have him as our doctor.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2012

He is great to get Pills from but if you make him mad or jeporadize his license he will totally cut you off your meds even if you need them. He only care about his license so patient that are looking for a real dr that care aboutthem go somewhere else he is definately a quack that will give out what you want if that is what you are looking for. I called the OK state Board because I was afraid of the side effect from abruptly stopping my medicine and Oklahoma has no law against but does advice DR to give patient a 30 day tampering off period. The medical board also said if I was to have seizure or end up in the emergency room they would have to treatment and then he may have some reprocussions. Other than that you can go an ask for what you want... Tell all your friends you just have to pee clean, I know a friend that he had told to make sure when they come back their urine was clean so they could keep getting the pills.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2012

I have had the pleasure of Dr. Barnes being my primary care physician for 13 years, and I can not say enough wonderful things about him!! He has always shown compassion and a sincere interest in my overall health. I have never felt rushed, I have never felt that I was asking 'stupid' questions, as he has always shown me respect with any and all of my health concerns. He is a dedicated to his patients and extremely knowledgable!! I feel very lucky that I found Dr. Barnes and hope he continues to practice for as long as I'm around!!! I highly reccomend Dr. Barnes to anyone that appreciats a kind, compassionate professional Dr.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2012

we like him.very helpful,caring and listens,helps you understand what he is doing and why.I find that important.I think there is no need to act professional when it comes down to dealing with humans,you need to get to their level and be human. Dr's are in the human area of caring for people ,just like our God is and do you see our God going around acting like some kind of professional business man.No! he's is down to earth with us as humans and not in it for the money, but doing this because he cares and whats to see us happy and healthy. Dr. Barnes is human,I am human ,we all are human,So lets treat each other human." If Dr.Barnes wanted to be a proff.business man he could have went to wall street,but he didn't,he is an instrument of God to help people and you don't need wall street ethic to do that.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2011

Dr. Barnes has always made me feel like I was important. Cared about all my needs, and actually listened to everything I had to say. I got real sick once and went to the ER. Stupid dr told me I had ovarian cysts, but could not explain my fever. I went to see Dr. Barnes, and he knew right away that I had a tick borne illness. Smart! Smart! Smart! Love him. He even adjusts my back if I need him too! Comes highly recomended in my book!

flag | Submitted July 16, 2010

Dr. Stephen R. Barnes's Credentials

• Oklahoma College Of Osteopathic Medicine And Surgery (Grad. 1980)