Ratings for Dr. James E. Gaede

For those still wondering, Dr. Gaede currently works out of the Eisenhower Health Center at Sunrise, 151 South Sunrise Way, Palm Springs, CA 92262 - (760) 773-1254 emc.org‎ I flew in out of state to see Dr. Gaede at the recommendation of a good friend who was a patient of his. He specializes in difficult-to-diagnose immunological disorders (something my friend and I both share). In one short week I was able to see him 4 times (once on the weekend) and to get all the lab tests, chest x-ray and CT scan I needed at the same facility. He couldn't have been more personable, informative, in-depth and interested in getting to the root of my health problems (as opposed to so many other doctors I've seen who have simply written prescriptions to ameliorate symptoms, or put me on ineffective treatment protocols that don't take individual patient needs and specifics into account). It will be interesting to see how he will manage my care from across the country, but I finally have hope that I've found someone who will actually make a positive impact on my health and well-being. Dr. Gaede was on time for every office visit - I simply rated his punctuality a 3 instead of a 5 because of difficulty with having calls and emails returned and getting confirmation of receipt of medical records by his office prior to the first visit.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2014

The man is a great motivator and if that's all that you need, he's excellent, and even though my husband once thought the world of he didn't see the light until after he went to see someone else and all these problems that Dr. Gaede overlooked or downplayed turned out to be major medical problems. Even I knew my husband had problems with his cholesterol and even though his glucose was high, Dr. Gaede overlooked it. When I started questioning Dr. Gaede during one of the few visits I attended, he looked me and made a sarcastic comment. Rather than finish reviewing my husband's labs, he went on to state that he wished the rest of his patients were doing as well as my husband and started telling us about them. I wasn't there to hear about Dr. Gaede's other patients. I wanted to hear what he had to say about my husband. Again, if you need to get motivated, he's your man. If you want a serious healthcare provider, seek elsewhere.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2014

I have visited many doctors in the past five years or so. Most doctors either did not take the time to figure out what was wrong with me, or simply did not have the knowledge or compassion to do so. After moving to Palm Springs last year we were blessed to find Dr. James Gaede. The man is a diagnostic genius! Dr. Gaede has improved the quality of my life by 300%! He is simply a genius! I can see why people would drive from Beverly Hills to see this man. I do not know what my life would like if I didn't find him. I feel like I have been blessed in many ways after finding this man!

flag | Submitted February 20, 2012

Dr. Gaede's now working at: 4791 E. Palm Canyon Dr., Palm Springs, CA 92264. Telephone: 760-834-7930 He's a doctor with Eisenhower Hospital.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2011

Dr. Gaede is at Eisenhower Medical Center in Rancho Mirage. I found him!!!!!!!! Be worth the drive. Pac Oaks lost a good doctor!

flag | Submitted October 23, 2010

The deprecations are childish and only reflect a certain lack of self knowledge and awareness of those involved. A doctor is a person first, not a god. I was upset by Dr. Gaede's leaving, and the terms under which he left. But I have no idea what led up to his decision. I have to respect his wishes, as he respected yours. Wish him well, and get on with you lives. JL

flag | Submitted September 14, 2010

To the person that was told Dr. Gaede died. According to the Medical Board's website, his license is still current but he may not be working because the address listed for him is a PO Box in Cathedral City, CA

flag | Submitted July 29, 2010

So I kept calling Pacific Oaks and finally someone told me that Dr. Gaede passed away of a heart attack. I really hope this isn't true. If anyone knows where he is please let me know. He's an amazing doctor and I would travel to Palm Springs if necesary.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2010

I have never had a doctor like Dr. Gaede--his intelligence is boggling, yet he is the most personable and likable Dr. you could ever hope to meet! He knows effective treatments and regimens that other doctors have never even suggested for various illnesses and conditions. I truly believe he saved my life. For reasons unclear he no longer works at Pacific Oaks, of which I have nothing positive to say since it came under the jurisdiction of that saucy little midget, Anthony Scarcella. I wish Dr. Gaede the best, knowing that a man of his caliber will flourish in whatever venue he chooses to practice!

flag | Submitted April 2, 2010

This Dr. over medicated my spouse to point where he could not discern good from bad. beware of his all-knowing gentle nature. it is nothing more than a lure to get you hooked. If you need to be relieved of pain and want to become addicted to pain killers HE IS YOUR MAN!!! But if not stay away. He plays a role far superior to any mortal on earth. He moved for Palm Springs for this exact reason.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2010

Dr. James E. Gaede's Credentials

• Univ Of Sd Sch Of Med, Vermillion Sd, 57069 (Grad. 1980)

AARP
HealthPartners
Medicaid / Medi-Cal

Updates

• A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "For those still wondering, Dr. Gaede currently works out of the Eisenhower Health Center at Sunrise, 151 South Sunrise Way, Palm Springs, CA 92262 - (760) 773-1..."

November 9, 2014
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "The man is a great motivator and if that's all that you need, he's excellent, and even though my husband once thought the world of he didn't see the light unti..."

October 21, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' rating (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=17511'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 4.9

February 5, 2014