Ratings for Dr. Ruben A. Gonzalez-Florin

Excellent Pediatrician. Have only positive remarks

flag | Submitted November 18, 2015

flag | Submitted August 22, 2014

Very unprofessional . While waiting in the office for him over 45min , he was on the phone arguing with insurance company about his compensation .

flag | Submitted April 9, 2013

He is rude and arrogant and has no business caring for children. The wait time was over an hour and a half and I was the only parent with a child in his office. He yelled at me and tried to pressure me into something I was uncomfortable with. His knowledge is incorrect and inaccurate and he is uncaring for the little people he is suppose to be caring for. I highly dislike him as a pediatrician.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2013

He was rude, arrogant, and demeaning. No bedside manner. Will never go to Night Lite Peds again after seeing him. Tech in office was also terrible. Never got up out of his chair to show us to our room, just expected us to find it after he saisd the room #, 3 times.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2012

Excellent Pediatrician. Brought my children to see him in August and they LOVE Dr. GF. We drive a long distance to see him. Our family LOVE him. Very Pleasant.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2012

Excellent with my children. Takes allot of time with them. My son loves him. Knowledgeable. Has always been there for our family. Recently moved but still drive to see Dr. GF. Have seen others in the practice before but still prefer to see him.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2007

I started seeing Doc Gonzalez after I had been told by my daughter's kindergarden teacher that she should be tested for mental disorders and learning disabilities. Doc Gonzalez specializes in these issues and assured me that my daughter was a completely normal, happy, healthy 5 year old child with an odd sense of humor. I went from being completely distraught to calm and informed after speaking with him. His bedside maner is excellent, and I believe him to be the most caring pediatrician I've ever dealt with. By the way, he was right. Three years later, my daughter is excelling in school and behaving like a happy, normal 8 year old with an odd sense of humor. I gladly drive the 15 miles from my home to his office and feel it is worth every mile for the peace of mind I have knowing he cares about each child he sees. I would never consider seeing another pediatrician.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2007

We don't see this doctor on a regular basis, but are often scheduled with him for sick visits. I personally don't think he does a very thorough exam. He noticed my daughter's heart murmur (which she's had since birth) at her 2 year visit, after looking at her chart on the computer. He had missed it 2 or 3 times before. The murmur is not a big deal, and other doctors had picked up on it, we had been to a cardiologist. I just think he sometimes rushes through. You have to have your stethescope on a patient long enough to hear several consecutive heart beats to detect problems (the doctor who first noticed the murmur would listen for 30 sec. or so at each location on the chest). So, I wouldn't really trust him as a primary, but for an occasional sick visit he's fine.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2007