Ratings for Dr. Tom R Walters

Walters did my LASIK 10 years ago at his LASIK site (which no longer exists). My vision afterwards has been a disappointment and is no longer correctable with glasses after he introduced irregular astigmatism. My eyes have been dry and painful ever since. He knew I had dry eyes because I was his patient for many years at his eye clinic, but yet gave me no warning about having LASIK. Afterwards, when I was in agony from my eyes being excruciatingly dry and burning I went to his Eye Care clinic for help. He was cold and arrogant and just wanted me out of his chair. Did not care one bit, just told me to use drops and blink more often (duh!) THE WORST doctor experience I have ever had in my life.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

Dr. Tom R. Walters had me do a bunch of eye exams. Told me I have swelling in the eye muscles. When asked what I can do about it or for it, he said "I don't know, I don't treat systemic issues." I was told he specialized in my health condition. This was NOT what I expected. Don't waste your time/money.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2016

flag | Submitted September 15, 2011

The waiting room was full when I arrived - I waited over an hour in the waiting room and then another 45 minutes in the room. Dr. Walters came in the room for less than 3 minutes and I was a new patient! My visit was for vision check/glasses renewal. The tech did my vision check and it was not rechecked by Dr. Walters. I have since learned that this doctor operates 12 exam rooms and the techs are trained to do the vision checks - the doctor just signs off. I left extremely dsappointed and felt like I had wasted a lot of time and money.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2009