Dr. Jeffrey T. Arrington

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey T. Arrington

I want to get on here and share my story. In September of 2018 after years of complaining to doctors about my symptoms (horrific cramping before and during periods, missing school/work, etc.) I went to my OBGYN because I knew something was wrong. She did an ultrasound and found a 9.5 cm cyst inside my ovary, they assumed it was an endometrioma and with my symptoms assumed I had endometriosis. We heard from many that this doctor was not capable of performing this surgery correctly (saving the ovary, removing all endo, etc.), so we requested that this doctor provide us with a referral to Dr. Arrington so that my husband and I could start talking with our insurance, since we knew that in order to save my ovary and remove the endo correctly we needed to see Dr. Arrington. I live in Utah and Dr. Arrington’s practice is in Georgia at centerforendocare. We had heard nothing but amazing things from multiple people who had their endo excision performed by Dr. Arrington. After my doctor said she was completely capable and wrote our insurance that we did not need to see a specialist, we made the decision to make the trip to Georgia on our own dime, which was well worth every penny. Dr. Arrington made sure to explain every little thing in such detail, I felt like he cared for me as if I was his own daughter, that is how he and all of the staff at centerforendocare treats all of his patients. He has a true passion for what he does and that is why he is so amazing in his career. I am 22, young, and married. My husband and I knew that we needed to make this vital decision right now in our lives so we don’t have further complications in the future. Surgery went amazing, he was able to remove what ended up being two large cyst in my ovary while saving the ovary. He removed all the endometriosis successfully, including what was very deep in my ureter, rectal area, and also removing my appendix which was infected with endo. Jeff Arrington Cec is hands down the most educated specialist around. I have nothing but amazing things to say about him and what he did for me. Please do not make the same innocent mistake as many who do not see the right doctor the first time and end up having to go to Dr. Arrington to get things fixed. Do it right the first time, see Dr. Arrington.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2018

Dr. Arrington is compassionate, patient, and SO GOOD. Very grateful for my experience with him!

flag | Submitted August 30, 2018

Dr Arrington has been the best surgeon I've had! (I've had quite a few!) He takes time to answer my incessant questioning, he explains everything without being condescending, and he is thorough. I had a unique situation that he had to make decisions that I feel were in my best interest, and am happy to be going back to finish the job.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2015

Dr. Arrington is such an amazing OBGYN. I highly recommend him. He treated and diagnosed my endometriosis when my first ob told me it was all in my head. He is very knowledgeable about endometriosis and is a life saver! I will be going back to him again for sure!

flag | Submitted July 20, 2014

Superior service! After visiting other doctors for over 18 months with no success in anyone even listening to my issues, Dr. Arrington immediately addressed the situation and offered a solution. He and his staff are kind, caring, knowledgeable, and wanting to help. After my surgery I am without pain and so happy I found him. I recommend him to anyone who feels they are done getting band-aid solutions, or no solutions at all. Finally, a physician that took my pain seriously and did something about it! If I could give a million stars I would!

flag | Submitted June 13, 2014

I started seeing Dr. Arrington in 2014 he is very knowledgeable and takes time to answer questions. He has a great bedside manner he is very knowledgable about endometriosis. He diagnosed problems other doctors couldnt find Dr. Arrington is a wonderful doctor im very happy with the care I received from him. His staff is very helpful and caring as well.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2014

Dr. Arrington is the best doctor I have ever been too. He is extremely knowledgeable and knows his stuff. He is an amazing surgeon and delivered both my third and fourth child via c-section in super speed time! He is very nice and very professional. I have endometriosis and am very comfortable knowing that when I reach the point where I need surgery again, he will do a great job treating it. I recommended him to my sister-in-law and she had an amazing experience as well. You will be happy to have him as your caregiver! I recommend him highly!

flag | Submitted May 2, 2013

Dr Arrington is a rock star! He helped me when all other surgeons said there was no hope! I'd recommend him to anyone with endometriosis!

flag | Submitted August 31, 2012

Dr Arrington is an amzing doctor. He leaves me in awe at his compassion for his patients. I have never met any doctor like him and now all my doctors are compared to him in light of his bedside manner, expertise, and professionalism. He was well worth flying to utah for my stage 3 endometriosis. And he will be my surgeon in the future. You will not be sorry if you choose him.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2012

Dr. Arrington never made me feel rushed, and answered all of my questions thoroughly. He is very knowlegable about laparoscopic surgery, endometriosis, and the treatment thereof. He has a great bed-side manner and immediately puts you at ease.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2009

Dr. Jeffrey T. Arrington's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Jeff Arrington is a widely recognized expert in Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery and advanced excision of endometriosis. In 2018, he joined the Center for Endometriosis Care in Atlanta, GA from his thriving endometriosis treatment center in Utah. Since his Fellowship training, Dr. Arrington has continued to challenge his knowledge and surgical skills to help patients with "hopeless" cases of disease. His dedicated insight and compassion makes him a leader in endometriosis; he understands the frustration, hopelessness and fear that so many patients have experienced as a result of the disease - and he is prepared to help. Dr. Arrington was born and raised in Ogden, Utah. After completing all his training, he and his family were fortunate enough to move back home to start his medical practice. Even with the joy and success he has found with gynecologic surgery and advancing endometriosis care, his greatest success is and will be his family. He graduated from the Medical College of Wisconsin. During medical school, he found an affinity for minimally invasive, laparoscopic surgery and was drawn to Obstetrics & Gynecology after completing his medical school rotations. Still, surgery was his favorite part. During residency in Phoenix, he found opportunities to learn from advanced laparoscopic surgeons and to push for advancement of laparoscopic procedures. He was given an honorary membership to the AAGL for excellency in minimally invasive surgery during his third year of residency. After graduating residency, Dr. Arrington had the incredible honor to study under famed surgeon, C.Y. Liu, MD. He spent a year operating side by side with one of the pioneers of gynecologic laparoscopy and during his fellowship, Dr. Arrington gained experience with all types of advanced laparoscopic procedures including but not limited to hysterectomy, pelvic prolapse, fibroid surgery and surgical excision of endometriosis. After returning home, Dr. Arrington began practicing general OB/Gyn with a focus on minimally invasive surgery. Due to patient need and his desire to focus on pelvic pain and endometriosis, he stopped delivering babies in 2015 to focus on women’s surgery. Since 2005, Dr. Arrington has been instrumental in advancing minimally invasive surgical care across the state of Utah; he also personally performed many “firsts” for Utah state and the Intermountain Region. The evolution of his practice to focus on advanced excision of endometriosis really was driven by patient need. He was given the basic knowledge and understanding of surgical principles to treat this complex disease from Dr. Liu. In practice he was able to continue advancing knowledge and surgical skill though focusing on endometriosis care. Ultimately, Dr. Arrington became an “endometriosis doctor.” He has developed a skill and comfort level to help the hopeless. Dr. Arrington is a firm believer that the best treatment for endometriosis is full excision of all disease. He also has a solid understanding of the purpose and limitations of any hormone therapies that many ObGyn generalists use for endometriosis “treatment." Since 2009, Dr. Arrington has been performing robotic surgery for endometriosis and other advanced laparoscopy. He understands that the robot is merely a surgical tool and does not compensate for lack of knowledge or ability. In fact, every procedure Dr. Arrington performs with the robot, he first performed with standard laparoscopy. His use of robotics allows him to sit rather than stand during surgery, allowing him to have less physical fatigue during long surgical cases. Robotics also allows him to be his own “assistant.” This has resulted in a more efficient removal of endometriosis. Some early studies suggest that detection of endometriosis may be improved with the robotic optics; this may result in less normal tissue being removed. Still, clear benefit of robotic surgery over standard laparoscopy is debatable. The key is the surgeon, not the instrument. He was the highest volume robotic surgeon in Utah before moving to the Center for Endometriosis Care. Nevertheless, Dr. Arrington is comfortable using multiple energy sources for removal of endometriosis. These include electrical energy, scissors, and laser. Regardless of the energy source, he does perform excision of disease. Through his interest in endometriosis, Dr. Arrington has truly found his “happy place” with work. He enjoys the challenge of difficult surgery. He enjoys providing even slight hope to patients who have suffered with a difficult disease for far too long. He enjoys the challenge of early management of endometriosis to prevent destructive progression. Coming from a politically involved family, he also enjoys working closely with patient advocates to raise awareness of inappropriate management protocols for endometriosis. Dr. Arrington's compassionate bedside manner and expert skills have helped countless patients from around the United States and beyond.

• English

• Medical College Of Wisconsin (Grad. 2000)

Coventry Healthcare