Ratings for Dr. Tambra R. Garrett

The most wonderful doctor we've ever had, for nearly 10 years. Sooo wish she was still practicin' medicine. Thorough, efficient, n' most of all compassionate; all qualities that can be rather difficult to find in a doctor these days, if you know what we mean.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2015

Dr. Garrett has been going downhill for years. She used to be kind and considerate, but has become rude and uncaring. Her nurse, Kelly, is even worse. Dr. Garrett has lost her practice and has been depressed. She had to file Chapter 11 Bankruptcy because of her debt and is about to lose her home. This is not gossip or rumor. All of it is a matter of public records filed in Denton County. Avoid her, she has lost her touch.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2011

Both my husband and I saw Dr. Garrett for almost 10 years. She was wonderful and very caring. I never felt rushed when seeing her and she made sure I understood everything we discussed. We planned to continue seeing her after we moved to the Austin area this summer but apparently she is not practicing due to some kind of medical emergency. I would return to her if she starts practicing again. Her nurse, Kelly, was not very helpful at times, especially when faxing prescriptions into a pharmacy but was never rude. I miss Dr. Garrett!!!

flag | Submitted December 11, 2010

I have gone to Dr. Garrett for years, and have always thought she was wonderful. She has a very direct personality, which works great for me...but, I could see how it might not for some. Like others, I used to drive quite a distance to see her. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE SHE IS, THOUGH? The staff will not say anything, but it is so strange that she just disappeared.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2010

Dr. Garrett worked with me and I credit her with helping me lose 30 pounds and feel great. She monitored me closely and I have kept weight off for 2 yrs. But I can't find her now! She moved offices 3 times in 2 years and her latest office says she is on medical leave- I hope we can find her practicing again soon

flag | Submitted September 4, 2010

I have gone to DR. Garrett for years and have always been satisfied. But the last time I went Her nurse, Kelly was so rude and informed me the doctor only spends 15 minutes per patient so I would have to come back. Kelly also lied saying information was never given to her and it was. She was covering her lack of bed side manor. ON MORE THAN ONE OCCASION KELLY WAS RUDE AND SNAPPED AT ME. Therefore it is unfortunate that I will not be back due only too KELLY.It was obvious she was having a bad day and took it out on me. But after the 6th or so visit with the rudeness and her lie it was obvious, that problem WAS WITH Kelly. God Bless you DR Garrett and I wish You the best.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2010

Dr. Garrett used to be friendly and helpful, but lately she has been rude and sarcastic. She rushes me out quickly. Her nurse, Kelly, is even worse. She messed up the results of my EKG and Dr. Garrett said I was having a heart attack and needed to go to the ER. Several hours and hundreds of dollars later, the ER said my EKG was fine and my heart was fine. Both Dr. Garrett and her nurse are incompetent.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2010

I've been a patient of Dr. Garrett for several years, I'm afraid 3 strikes and she's out! One visit I was concerned that I had Restless Leg Syndrome and she literally told me to get off my ass and move around. I sat there shocked and then she said she was kidding. Ugh, what kind of doctor says something like that? I've had a recent visit where I was feeling depressed and emotional and her staff was taking my blood pressure and dropped the cuff and pulled a run in my hose. Let me say the rest of my visit went downhill from there. I'll never, ever go back. When I have blood tests done, I never see the results. I could go on and on, but I think I've made my point.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2010

I have been a patient of Dr. Garrett's for over 10 years. I drive for over an hour to see her - because she is AWESOME. She is compassionate and the reason that she is always late is BECAUSE she takes the time to be with you and find out how you are REALLY doing. Most doctors run in and see you for 5 minutes and then it is off to the next patient. I have sat with her for 45 minutes and discussed my health issues with her before. I will go to her as long as she has a practice.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2009

I do not enjoy doctor visits but this was the worst doctors office I've ever been to. The staff has no sense of time. I waited for an hour in a room for the doctor and had to leave without doing the checkup as the nurse was sarcastic instead of reassuring. Dr Garret treated me once for flu, she looked liked she cared.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2009

Dr. Tambra R. Garrett's Credentials

• Univ Of Tx Southwestern Med Ctr At Dallas, Med Sch, Dallas Tx 75235 (Grad. 1996)

Ameritas