Ratings for Dr. Khashayar Shakiba

After many years of discomfort with reproductive issues and the experience of feeling dismissed by doctors (OB/GYN) I found Dr. Shakiba by chance. I saw a doctor in Manhattan affiliated with a hospital that had the highest reputation in the area. My mother had cancer and after a routine pap, I received a call from the doctors office indicating needed to be seen by the doctor. The next available appointment was weeks away even though the doctor practiced at 2 locations. I later called repeating my family history and my fear and concern at the need for a follow up. I requested an earlier appointment at either location. The nurse called me back and told me an earlier appointment was unnecessary as relayed by the doctor. At that moment I was really frustrated (I felt rushed by the doctor initially in my first visit) and a 'lightbulb went on'. I did research on the internet and found Dr. Shakiba. I was scheduled for an appointment not long after I called the office and had my records sent. Upon meeting Dr. Shakiba and his staff, I was immediately and for the first time relieved at their patient-centered approach and professionalism. My wait was not long and after my initial exam, and review of my records it was clear there was concern enough to do a biopsy. What resulted was that I had endometriosis throughout my reproductive system. What followed was a conversation with Dr. Shakiba in which he explained patiently and in detail the condition, the risks and options. I am 52 years old, and for the first time in many years I experienced the personal relationship with a gynecologist that every woman should have; one without judgement, a doctor and nurse who cared and a procedure that 9 weeks out leaves me feeling relieved with the surgical decision both I and Dr. Shakiba came to agreement. For me it was the right decision. At every appointment prior to and following the surgery I experienced nothing but patience and compassion and honest answers. I never felt rushed or dismissed. Thank you Dr. Shakiba, Tatiana, the staff and entire surgical team (including Hackensack University Hospital staff) for giving me faith in the notion of individual care within the healthcare system. I will and have recommended you to colleagues and friends.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2015

Dr Shakiba is a great surgeon . I recovered very quickly after my hysterectomy , uterine prolapse and bladder sling. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

I am very happy with Dr. Shakiba and the staff at Women's Pelvic Surgery of North Jersey. I had surgery to remove my uterus, cervix, and fallopian tubes robotically after 5 fibroids in my uterus become enlarged to the point it looked like I was 4 months pregnant. I didn't have energy to do things anymore and was gaining the pounds. I was having issues going to the bathroom. Dr. Shakiba was both courteous and professional and very thorough in giving me the information I needed to make this decision. After surgery, I only have 3, 1/2 inch scars that are healing nicely. I stayed overnight in the hospital but was able to leave the next morning. A hysterectomy is not an easy decision to make, even at 53 years old, but I tell you I feel like I got my life back. Ask as many questions as you can think of and take the time to make sure this decision is right for you. But, I can tell you the decision was right for me and I think Dr. Shakiba is the best doctor for the job!

flag | Submitted May 5, 2017

I love Dr. Shakiba! I had a partial hysterectomy , removing uterus but keeping ovaries and cervix on March 16. The surgery was done through laparoscopy and I was able to go home a few hours after the surgery. I didn't even need to take one of the percocet I was prescribed for pain because my pain was very tolerable. 2 days after my surgery I went to my dads birthday party and no one could believe I had surgery 2 days earlier. It is a month and a half after my surgery and my scars r about a quarter of an inch on each side and already fading. I attribute my quick and easy recovery to Dr. Shakibas talent and skill and more than highly recommend him

flag | Submitted May 3, 2017

Dr. Shakiba is very personable, skilled and smart. No one in my family has ever had major surgery and I was very concerned about my procedure. After meeting with Dr. Shakiba and having lengthy discussions about what to expect, I felt very much at ease. He takes his time and explains everything and is very patient. He will go into detail to make sure you are completely comfortable. He understands when there is a concern and is very accommodating. He is thorough and knowledgeable. Unlike many doctors, Dr. Shakiba cares about his patients, his reputation and takes pride in his profession . I never stayed overnight in a hospital before and I never want to ever again so, when Dr. Shakiba showed up to my room as soon as he did to release me, I was thrilled. I was so happy to see him. I appreciated him for not letting me lay there for hours. I hope I never have to have another surgical procedure. However, if I do, I hope my doctor has the beside manner, warm personality and professionalism that Dr. Shakiba has.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2017

I'm posting for my 81 year old mother who recently had the Mona Lisa procedure. She was pleased with the procedure as well as the excellent care provided by the doctor and his staff.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

Cathy- Nurse and Patient from NJ My husband found Dr. Shakiba while researching in the Internet for the best gynecologist in the nation. Prior to Dr. Shakiba, I consulted with other gynecologist who only recommended open abdominal hysterectomy. Dr. Shakiba was very knowledgeable and kind. He patiently explained the surgical options/procedures. Dr. Shakiba performed the minimally invasive robotic laparoscopic hysterectomy even with my difficult reproductive problems. No complications post op and he visited me the following day to make sure that I am doing well. He is the best of the best. A world class, highly skilled surgeon in his field. Truly a remarkable doctor that goes above and beyond. A professional that deserves great respect and trust. I highly recommend Dr. Shakiba to all women suffering long years of agony due to reproductive issues. He is God's blessing. Thank you Dr. Shakiba, Tatiana and the entire staff at Women's Pelvic Surgery for the excellent care and kind assistance you provided.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2016

I’m 3 months post-op from a robotic laparoscopic repair of bladder/uterine prolapse and slight rectocele. I consulted 6 doctors prior to my surgery and am very pleased I chose Dr. Shakiba. He’s patient, empathic, and knowledgeable. He did not push me into doing anything I was uncomfortable with. He does not have a cookie cutter treatment for everyone. I was treated like an individual. He only performed procedures in my comfort level. My healing has been amazing. All I can say is go to Dr. Shakiba; you’ll be glad you did.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2016

An excellent Doctor...puts a patient's anxiety at ease...every question is answered...Doctor makes sure you understand procedures....very, very professional....would recommend Dr. Shakiba to my family and friends....both Clifton and Hackensack offices are well managed and staff is excellent....

flag | Submitted October 4, 2016

This dr is very knowledgable, but he has no bedside manner, he left after my surgery and did not check in with me at all until I called his emergency line to have him paged. I very seldom go to the doctor and this was a lengthy procedure and although I know he is very busy a little care would be appreciative. His office staff have not been helpful in addressing questions and do not return calls unless you call them. I asked a question regarding length of recovery and was even laughed at and told they didn't know. It is upsetting and makes me second guess my choice In surgeons when they can't take the time to answer questions. I am satisfied with overall procedure but am unhappy with how he does not take the time to check in with his pt afterwards and explain results clearly, at my follow/up he didn't even bring my file and did not tell me all my results until I went for a second opinion and that Doctor read me the post-op report. Also the wait for appointment time is extremely long at least an hr and a half to two hours each time I go, which is hard if you need to get to work.

Submitted June 28, 2016

Dr. Khashayar Shakiba's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Shakiba is a Board Certified Gynecologist, a Board Certified Uro-Gynecoligist, a Certified Robotic Surgeon, a Fellow of the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, a respected author, lecturer, and the inventor of the patented “E POP Q” the first objective non-invasive test for Pelvic Organ Prolapse. He is the Division Director of Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery for Departement of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Hackensack University Medical Center. He has studied under some of the most respected and advanced minimally invasive pelvic reconstructive surgeons in the world both during his internship at Yale New Haven Hospital (affiliated with Yale Medical School) and his residency at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation. He is actively involved in surgical training and teaching of fellows and residents at Hackensack University Medical Center. Breakthroughs in robotic technology over the last ten years have benefited tens of thousands of patients. Dr. Shakiba has performed hundreds of successful robotic assisted surgeries. Dr. Shakiba is very proud of his work proctoring other surgeons who have performed hundreds of additional successful procedures under his supervision. Dr. Shakiba is dedicated to providing his patients with the most technologically advanced medical and surgical solutions to insure their well-being. This is the driving force that encouraged him to invent and patent the “Electronic Pelvic Organ Prolapse Quantification system (E- POP Q system)” which is in the final phases of clinical trials.

• Persian
  • French

• Yale University (Grad. 2003)
  • Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences and Health Services (Grad. 1997)
  • Case Western Reserve University (Grad. 2007)

• Endometriosis
  • Uterine fibroids
  • Urinary incontinence
  • Uterine prolapse
  • Anterior prolapse (cystocele)
  • Rectovaginal fistula
  • Posterior prolapse (rectocele)
  • Abdominal hysterectomy
  • Vaginal hysterectomy
  • Rectal prolapse surgery
  • Cystoscopy
  • Chronic pelvic pain in women
  • Menorrhagia (heavy menstrual bleeding)
  • Menopause
  • Menstrual cramps
  • Amenorrhea
  • Female infertility
  • Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)

Amerigroup