Dr. Khashayar Shakiba

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Khashayar Shakiba

After many years of discomfort with reproductive issues and the experience of feeling dismissed by doctors (OB/GYN) I found Dr. Shakiba by chance. I saw a doctor in Manhattan affiliated with a hospital that had the highest reputation in the area. My mother had cancer and after a routine pap, I received a call from the doctors office indicating needed to be seen by the doctor. The next available appointment was weeks away even though the doctor practiced at 2 locations. I later called repeating my family history and my fear and concern at the need for a follow up. I requested an earlier appointment at either location. The nurse called me back and told me an earlier appointment was unnecessary as relayed by the doctor. At that moment I was really frustrated (I felt rushed by the doctor initially in my first visit) and a 'lightbulb went on'. I did research on the internet and found Dr. Shakiba. I was scheduled for an appointment not long after I called the office and had my records sent. Upon meeting Dr. Shakiba and his staff, I was immediately and for the first time relieved at their patient-centered approach and professionalism. My wait was not long and after my initial exam, and review of my records it was clear there was concern enough to do a biopsy. What resulted was that I had endometriosis throughout my reproductive system. What followed was a conversation with Dr. Shakiba in which he explained patiently and in detail the condition, the risks and options. I am 52 years old, and for the first time in many years I experienced the personal relationship with a gynecologist that every woman should have; one without judgement, a doctor and nurse who cared and a procedure that 9 weeks out leaves me feeling relieved with the surgical decision both I and Dr. Shakiba came to agreement. For me it was the right decision. At every appointment prior to and following the surgery I experienced nothing but patience and compassion and honest answers. I never felt rushed or dismissed. Thank you Dr. Shakiba, Tatiana, the staff and entire surgical team (including Hackensack University Hospital staff) for giving me faith in the notion of individual care within the healthcare system. I will and have recommended you to colleagues and friends.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2015

I am eternally grateful for the unparalleled care I received from Dr. Shakiba and his staff during every visit, and after my rectocele and cyctocele repair. Dr. Shakiba is genuine, compassionate, and gentle. Soft-spoken, and knowledgeable, he put my mind at ease with every conversation. He was recommended to me by another surgeon, who mentioned that he didn’t know anyone else who could do it better than Dr. Shakiba. With that kind of reference from a surgeon with 42 years experience, I didn’t ask any questions and made my appointment right away. I can’t imagine feeling this confident with any other doctor for my surgery. Dr. Shakiba is always available for me, and ready to answer any questions, and ease any anxiety present.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2017

To Whom It May Concern, I would like to take a few moments to express my sincere thanks to all the staff of Dr. Shakiba. After four different operations on my bladder, I finally feel that I have the right doctor. I had a mesh sling put in around February, 2010 to alleviate embarrassing bladder leaking. In early 2014 I had pieces of that mesh start to deteriorate. I went to a urologist and he advised me that the only way to fix the problem was to have surgery to remove the pieces that were deteriorating. I had that surgery in November, 2014. The removal surgery caused me to have severe incontinence again and I was very depressed. My urologist told me that I would have to have second mesh sling put in over the first sling that was deteriorating. I had that surgery in February, 2015. I never felt like the sling was doing what it was supposed to do and I felt that I had too much tissue damage for it to work properly. I started to again suffer from leaking and was at my wits end, that was until I found Dr. Shakiba. Before finding him, I went to four other doctors; I visited Yale University in Connecticut and to several urologists’ in New Jersey. I found that after all those consultations, that Dr. Shakiba had the correct path for me when he advised me to have the robotic surgery. May I start by stating that everyone in the office staff is beyond reproach in their professionalism and dedication. They are all very kind and compassionate, from the receptionist, to Kelly who takes care of all the appointments for surgery, disability etc., to the all the nurses. Dr. Shakiba is kind and generous with his time and makes you feel like you are the only patient he has when you are with him. He listens intently and answers all of your questions without feeling like you are taking up too much of his time. My husband accompanied me on all my visits and Dr. Shakiba answered all his questions as well. On the day of surgery, he made me feel very comfortable and assured me that everything was going to go exactly as planned during the surgery. Dr. Shakiba is and amazing man and an amazing doctor. I am 58 years old, and I have finally found an Urologist that I am comfortable with and with whom I can place my trust. It has been six weeks since my surgery and I feel so much better. I am not suffering from bladder leaks and the stream of my urine is finally normal. I thank God every day for Dr. Shakiba. I experienced nothing but patience and compassion from him, as well as the entire office staff. Thank you Dr. Shakiba, Tatiana, the staff and the entire surgical team at Hackensack University Hospital for giving me back my life. I wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Shakiba and his staff to everyone I meet that may be looking for his specialty. Sincerely, Kim

flag | Submitted August 25, 2017

A doctor's reputation is built through his knowledge, character, and great intelligence in his area of expertise! Dr. Shakiba and his staff are simply amazing, compassionate and caring! I was diagnosed with uterine fibroids in April of 2017 by an OBGYN that I had randomly decided to go see after missing my period for one week. My husband and I began doing online research for surgeons/specialists and came across Dr. Shakiba as being one of the top 10 surgeons in northern NJ. We went to his office in May and was welcomed by his staff and knew immediately after speaking with Dr. Shakiba that he was the perfect doctor for me. His expertise was excellent along with his personality/character! He was supportive through the entire process from the onset of my issue through surgery and post surgery. He took the time to hold my hand and tell me everything is going to be ok pre surgery in the OR and was there every step of the way post surgery while I was suffering from urinary retention in the hospital which cleared up days later. My surgery was a success and today, July 26th, on my post op appointment I learned that my incision was healing great and looked like I'm going to have very little scaring (btw-I had an Open Abdominal Myomectomy). Thank you so much Dr. Shakiba for an amazing job on my surgery! InshaAllah my ongoing recovery will be great! Also, thank you to the office staff and all staff at Hackensack University Medical Center for your compassion and care! Note: *Dr. Shakiba removed 16 fibroids successfully with very minimal bleeding during and after surgery! I highly recommend him and will be sharing my story with any future referrals for Dr. Shakiba! May God bless you for the difference you have made in my life!

flag | Submitted July 26, 2017

Dr. Shakiba changed my life! He is a wonderful doctor and a wonderful surgeon as well as a kind and gentle person with an astute knowledge about pelvic and hormonal disorders. Originally I went to Dr. Shakiba for a second opinion and after meeting him and thoroughly discussing my options I chose him to perform my surgery. Though a major surgery, the pain was minimal and practically no scars. Dr. Shakiba is a phenomenal doctor and gave me a brand new life without anymore pain. I can not recommend him enough!

flag | Submitted July 24, 2017

I often hear that a referral is the best compliment one can give to a wonderful professional. Dr. Shakiba is that and more. He is a brilliant doctor, a highly skilled surgeon, and a great listener. After months of pain and constant discomfort, my daughter-in-law suggested I see Dr. Shakiba. He diagnosed the issues and performed surgery, and I only wish I had listened to her sooner. The process was seamless thanks to his terrific staff, and Dr. Shakiba, thank you, you are simply the best!

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

I brought my daughter in to see Dr. Shakiba and I was very impressed by him and his office staff. His office is beautiful, his staff is very friendly and accommodating and Dr. Shakiba was so knowledgeable and patient with my many questions. GREAT office!!

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

I really like Dr. Shakiba but choose not to stay with him because his office staff and manager is horrible.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

Dr Shakiba is a great surgeon . I recovered very quickly after my hysterectomy , uterine prolapse and bladder sling. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

I am very happy with Dr. Shakiba and the staff at Women's Pelvic Surgery of North Jersey. I had surgery to remove my uterus, cervix, and fallopian tubes robotically after 5 fibroids in my uterus become enlarged to the point it looked like I was 4 months pregnant. I didn't have energy to do things anymore and was gaining the pounds. I was having issues going to the bathroom. Dr. Shakiba was both courteous and professional and very thorough in giving me the information I needed to make this decision. After surgery, I only have 3, 1/2 inch scars that are healing nicely. I stayed overnight in the hospital but was able to leave the next morning. A hysterectomy is not an easy decision to make, even at 53 years old, but I tell you I feel like I got my life back. Ask as many questions as you can think of and take the time to make sure this decision is right for you. But, I can tell you the decision was right for me and I think Dr. Shakiba is the best doctor for the job!

flag | Submitted May 5, 2017

Dr. Khashayar Shakiba's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Shakiba is a Board Certified Gynecologist, a Board Certified Uro-Gynecoligist, a Certified Robotic Surgeon, a Fellow of the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, a respected author, lecturer, and the inventor of the patented “E POP Q” the first objective non-invasive test for Pelvic Organ Prolapse. He is the Division Director of Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery for Departement of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Hackensack University Medical Center. He has studied under some of the most respected and advanced minimally invasive pelvic reconstructive surgeons in the world both during his internship at Yale New Haven Hospital (affiliated with Yale Medical School) and his residency at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation. He is actively involved in surgical training and teaching of fellows and residents at Hackensack University Medical Center. Breakthroughs in robotic technology over the last ten years have benefited tens of thousands of patients. Dr. Shakiba has performed hundreds of successful robotic assisted surgeries. Dr. Shakiba is very proud of his work proctoring other surgeons who have performed hundreds of additional successful procedures under his supervision. Dr. Shakiba is dedicated to providing his patients with the most technologically advanced medical and surgical solutions to insure their well-being. This is the driving force that encouraged him to invent and patent the “Electronic Pelvic Organ Prolapse Quantification system (E- POP Q system)” which is in the final phases of clinical trials.

• Persian
  • French

• Yale University (Grad. 2003)
  • Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences and Health Services (Grad. 1997)
  • Case Western Reserve University (Grad. 2007)

• Endometriosis
  • Uterine fibroids
  • Urinary incontinence
  • Uterine prolapse
  • Anterior prolapse (cystocele)
  • Rectovaginal fistula
  • Posterior prolapse (rectocele)
  • Abdominal hysterectomy
  • Vaginal hysterectomy
  • Rectal prolapse surgery
  • Cystoscopy
  • Chronic pelvic pain in women
  • Menorrhagia (heavy menstrual bleeding)
  • Menopause
  • Menstrual cramps
  • Amenorrhea
  • Female infertility
  • Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)

HealthPartners