Ratings for Dr. Khashayar Shakiba

After many years of discomfort with reproductive issues and the experience of feeling dismissed by doctors (OB/GYN) I found Dr. Shakiba by chance. I saw a doctor in Manhattan affiliated with a hospital that had the highest reputation in the area. My mother had cancer and after a routine pap, I received a call from the doctors office indicating needed to be seen by the doctor. The next available appointment was weeks away even though the doctor practiced at 2 locations. I later called repeating my family history and my fear and concern at the need for a follow up. I requested an earlier appointment at either location. The nurse called me back and told me an earlier appointment was unnecessary as relayed by the doctor. At that moment I was really frustrated (I felt rushed by the doctor initially in my first visit) and a 'lightbulb went on'. I did research on the internet and found Dr. Shakiba. I was scheduled for an appointment not long after I called the office and had my records sent. Upon meeting Dr. Shakiba and his staff, I was immediately and for the first time relieved at their patient-centered approach and professionalism. My wait was not long and after my initial exam, and review of my records it was clear there was concern enough to do a biopsy. What resulted was that I had endometriosis throughout my reproductive system. What followed was a conversation with Dr. Shakiba in which he explained patiently and in detail the condition, the risks and options. I am 52 years old, and for the first time in many years I experienced the personal relationship with a gynecologist that every woman should have; one without judgement, a doctor and nurse who cared and a procedure that 9 weeks out leaves me feeling relieved with the surgical decision both I and Dr. Shakiba came to agreement. For me it was the right decision. At every appointment prior to and following the surgery I experienced nothing but patience and compassion and honest answers. I never felt rushed or dismissed. Thank you Dr. Shakiba, Tatiana, the staff and entire surgical team (including Hackensack University Hospital staff) for giving me faith in the notion of individual care within the healthcare system. I will and have recommended you to colleagues and friends.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2015

One year and a half ago, I met with Dr. Shakiba for a second opinion regarding a hysterectomy. I was very nervous about having to have this procedure done. He immediately put me at ease with his knowledge and calm demeanor. He was so thorough and really took the time to explain all of my options in detail. I knew I was in good hands and the surgery was a success! Dr. Shakiba had wonderful bedside manner and his staff at the Women’s Pelvic Surgery of NJ were very efficient and helpful as well. I am fortunate to have such a great GYN doctor!

flag | Submitted February 2, 2016

The doctor and his staff were excellent in diagnosing and working with me from start to finish on my pelvic prolapse surgery. I had my procedure at the end of September and the healing and recovery process was much better than expected. I would highly recommend that you give Dr. Shakiba's office a call with any questions; he's very caring and does not push surgery unless he firmly believes it is in your best interest. It's been three months since my surgery and I feel like a new person.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2015

I am very pleased with the doctor and his staff. They are very professional and helpful, they always get back to you in an appropriate amount of time. I would recommend him to others for their healthcare needs.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2015

I was diagnosed with uterine fibroids in 2011, in 2013 these multiple fibroids grew to the size of a grapefruit, I had heavy bleeding with my menstrual cycle, frequent urination because they were pressing on my kidneys with severe pain. I was recommended to Dr Shakiba, since my situation required surgery, these fibroids grew to the size of a woman being 6 months pregnant. He also discovered i had endometriosis. I am in my 30's never had children, so I was concerned about that. After meeting with Dr. Shakiba, I knew I was in excellent hands, I am a nurse so i knew he was extremely knowledgeable, a true professional, with many years of experience. He was able to uniquely compose a plan of care for me. He is a Godsend, I have been praying to find a Doctor who could help me and I have found him. My surgery required a c-section for fibroid removal, after about 3 weeks post op I was feeling better. I am happy to say it has been 4 months since my surgery and I found out I am pregnant! Thanks to Dr Shakiba for his help, I am truly thankful beyond words.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2015

Dr. Shakiba is an excellent doctor. He's conservative about whether or not to perform surgery, and while many doctors push whatever "drug du jour" the pharmaceutical companies are promoting, Dr. Shakiba's suggestions regarding medication have been creative and effective. He also referred me to a pelvic floor physical therapist, who has been a godsend. His staff members are compassionate and impeccably competent. Great doctor, great staff!

flag | Submitted July 24, 2015

Dr Shakiba is one of the most caring and knowledgeable doctors I have ever met. I suffered for years in pain after a historectomy, Dr. Shakiba performed robotic surgery and was able to remove massive amounts of scar tissue. I went to many doctors before I found him. I am doing much better and have very little pain. Since he is a urogynecologist he also was able to help me with bladder issues I was having. I would recommend him to everyone who is need of a good gynecologist or urologist he is amazing!!!!

flag | Submitted July 23, 2015

I love Dr. Shakiba! My surgery went so well that I felt like I could go back to work in 1 week but listened to Dr. Shakiba to rest. I feel like a new woman after surgery!!!

flag | Submitted July 7, 2015

I had a prolapsed bladder that was repaired by another doctor, unfortunately, after that I suffered a complete pelvic prolapse. I was miserable! I was recommended to Doctor Shakiba by my gynecologist. Doctor Shakiba specializes in "pelvic reconstructive surgery". He doesn't just look at one aspect of your condition, but rather evaluates the complete problem. I have encountered lots of women who went for a "bladder lift" with other doctors an suffered the same consequences I did! There is hope!! Doctor Shakiba is noted for his minimally invasive approach to correcting these stage 3/4 prolapses with laparoscopic surgery. His concern and mine was that I may not be a candidate for this do to prior surgeries and scar tissue , including a colon re-section, hysterectomy, gallbladder, appendix/with rupture, etc., Doctor Shakiba contacted the surgeon who performed my last surgery and also reviewed my surgery, he said Ellen, I think we can do this. are you willing to try? We will put two small holes in your tummy and look around, if we can not do it, we will revert to a vaginal surgery! He did it!!! It worked!! A week to the day, I was a new person!! For anyone reading this, please know that I visited Doctor Shakiba a number of times and cancelled my surgery, I have a dread fear of anesthesia, he was patient, caring, supportive, never pressured me, laid out a course of action reassure me that he would do everything in his power to help me, and it worked! He is a very caring and gentle person, and an absolutely brilliant surgeon, who I have since discovered, performed the surgery of family members of other top doctors! His staff is amazing, the office is spotless, and you will have a new life, if you are one of the women who have this terrible prolapse!

flag | Submitted June 26, 2015

I had a stage four pelvic prolapse which was severely affecting my quality of life .After several very helpful consults with the doctor and an exploratory procedure to examine the extent of my problem , Doctor Shakiba thoughtfully and thoroughly explained what I was experiencing and options to cure the problem. I subsequently made a decision on a course of action he recommended and had robotic surgery to repair my prolapse . The surgery was successful and uneventful with no unforeseen events. Recovery was speedy with virtually very little discomfort. Doctor Shakiba was outstanding in every respect as was his staff and I recommend him without reservation !

flag | Submitted June 19, 2015

Dr. Khashayar Shakiba's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Shakiba is a Board Certified Gynecologist, a Board Certified Uro-Gynecoligist, a Certified Robotic Surgeon, a Fellow of the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, a respected author, lecturer, and the inventor of the patented “E POP Q” the first objective non-invasive test for Pelvic Organ Prolapse. He is the Division Director of Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery for Departement of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Hackensack University Medical Center. He has studied under some of the most respected and advanced minimally invasive pelvic reconstructive surgeons in the world both during his internship at Yale New Haven Hospital (affiliated with Yale Medical School) and his residency at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation. He is actively involved in surgical training and teaching of fellows and residents at Hackensack University Medical Center. Breakthroughs in robotic technology over the last ten years have benefited tens of thousands of patients. Dr. Shakiba has performed hundreds of successful robotic assisted surgeries. Dr. Shakiba is very proud of his work proctoring other surgeons who have performed hundreds of additional successful procedures under his supervision. Dr. Shakiba is dedicated to providing his patients with the most technologically advanced medical and surgical solutions to insure their well-being. This is the driving force that encouraged him to invent and patent the “Electronic Pelvic Organ Prolapse Quantification system (E- POP Q system)” which is in the final phases of clinical trials.

• Persian
  • French

• Yale University (Grad. 2003)
  • Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences and Health Services (Grad. 1997)
  • Case Western Reserve University (Grad. 2007)

Oxford

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "One year and a half ago, I met with Dr. Shakiba for a second opinion regarding a hysterectomy. I was very nervous about having to have this procedure done. He..."

February 2, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After many years of discomfort with reproductive issues and the experience of feeling dismissed by doctors (OB/GYN) I found Dr. Shakiba by chance. I saw a doct..."

December 31, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "The doctor and his staff were excellent in diagnosing and working with me from start to finish on my pelvic prolapse surgery. I had my procedure at the end of ..."

December 27, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I am very pleased with the doctor and his staff. They are very professional and helpful, they always get back to you in an appropriate amount of time. I would..."

December 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was diagnosed with uterine fibroids in 2011, in 2013 these multiple fibroids grew to the size of a grapefruit, I had heavy bleeding with my menstrual cycle, f..."

November 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Shakiba is an excellent doctor. He's conservative about whether or not to perform surgery, and while many doctors push whatever "drug du jour" the pharmaceu..."

July 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Shakiba is one of the most caring and knowledgeable doctors I have ever met. I suffered for years in pain after a historectomy, Dr. Shakiba performed robotic..."

July 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I love Dr. Shakiba! My surgery went so well that I felt like I could go back to work in 1 week but listened to Dr. Shakiba to rest. I feel like a new woman af..."

July 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a prolapsed bladder that was repaired by another doctor, unfortunately, after that I suffered a complete pelvic prolapse. I was miserable! I was recomme..."

June 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a stage four pelvic prolapse which was severely affecting my quality of life .After several very helpful consults with the doctor and an exploratory proc..."

June 19, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After having two failed surgeries with other doctors to correct a prolapsed bladder, I decided to seek further treatment. Upon a co-worker's recommendation I ..."

April 20, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "delicious and scrumptious little hobbitses........"

April 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to Dr. Shakiba after a very complicated hysterectomy which resulted in a bladder fistula. I needed to wear a catheter and perhaps face further ..."

March 20, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have nothing but GREAT things to say about this doctor and his staff .Very professional and Dr. Shakiba is very knowledgeable he is the best in his field. His..."

March 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Shakiba is a top rate doctor/surgeon. I use him and have recommended him to many! He is a sincere and highly talented doctor."

February 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Shakiba preformed a total hysterectomy robotically on me 10 days ago. I had severe endometriosis and adenomyosis. It was so severe that I in fear of complic..."

February 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to Dr Shakiba by my gynecologist for evaluation for laparoscopic hysterectomy due to uterine fibroids. I tried to get my gynecologist to refer me..."

February 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "For nearly 2 years, I had a recurring boil and several UTI's simultaneously. I went to my OBGYN, urologist, dermatologist, and primary doctor -- all of whom ..."

December 30, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to Dr. Shakiba by my own OBGYN. I was very concerned about my condition. He put my mind at ease by going over my procedure and options in detai..."

December 23, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "If you are looking for an amazing GYN with superb skills, this is your guy. Dr. Shakiba is extremely knowledgable, caring and willing to go the extra mile to f..."

December 17, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am immensely grateful to Dr. Shakiba for diminishing my apprehension about a surgical procedure I had postponed for some time. At the first consultation, he p..."

December 8, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have nothing but GREAT things to say about this Doctor and his staff . Very professional and Dr Shakiba is very knowledgeable he is definitely the best in his..."

December 1, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Shakiba is the best Urogyno I have ever been treated by. He has handled 3 of my surgeries including my hysterectomy and I have hardly any scars. He treats a..."

November 7, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "The office manager Cheryl was possibly the worst person I've ever met. You will have to pay yor bill sometime! When you do try to avoid the office manager she a..."

October 14, 2014
  • 3 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed

March 31, 2012
  • City changed from "Hackensack" to "Wayne"

March 28, 2012
  • City changed from "Wayne" to "Hackensack"

March 28, 2012