Ratings for Dr. Khashayar Shakiba

After many years of discomfort with reproductive issues and the experience of feeling dismissed by doctors (OB/GYN) I found Dr. Shakiba by chance. I saw a doctor in Manhattan affiliated with a hospital that had the highest reputation in the area. My mother had cancer and after a routine pap, I received a call from the doctors office indicating needed to be seen by the doctor. The next available appointment was weeks away even though the doctor practiced at 2 locations. I later called repeating my family history and my fear and concern at the need for a follow up. I requested an earlier appointment at either location. The nurse called me back and told me an earlier appointment was unnecessary as relayed by the doctor. At that moment I was really frustrated (I felt rushed by the doctor initially in my first visit) and a 'lightbulb went on'. I did research on the internet and found Dr. Shakiba. I was scheduled for an appointment not long after I called the office and had my records sent. Upon meeting Dr. Shakiba and his staff, I was immediately and for the first time relieved at their patient-centered approach and professionalism. My wait was not long and after my initial exam, and review of my records it was clear there was concern enough to do a biopsy. What resulted was that I had endometriosis throughout my reproductive system. What followed was a conversation with Dr. Shakiba in which he explained patiently and in detail the condition, the risks and options. I am 52 years old, and for the first time in many years I experienced the personal relationship with a gynecologist that every woman should have; one without judgement, a doctor and nurse who cared and a procedure that 9 weeks out leaves me feeling relieved with the surgical decision both I and Dr. Shakiba came to agreement. For me it was the right decision. At every appointment prior to and following the surgery I experienced nothing but patience and compassion and honest answers. I never felt rushed or dismissed. Thank you Dr. Shakiba, Tatiana, the staff and entire surgical team (including Hackensack University Hospital staff) for giving me faith in the notion of individual care within the healthcare system. I will and have recommended you to colleagues and friends.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2015

This dr is very knowledgable, but he has no bedside manner, he left after my surgery and did not check in with me at all until I called his emergency line to have him paged. I very seldom go to the doctor and this was a lengthy procedure and although I know he is very busy a little care would be appreciative. His office staff have not been helpful in addressing questions and do not return calls unless you call them. I asked a question regarding length of recovery and was even laughed at and told they didn't know. It is upsetting and makes me second guess my choice In surgeons when they can't take the time to answer questions. I am satisfied with overall procedure but am unhappy with how he does not take the time to check in with his pt afterwards and explain results clearly, at my follow/up he didn't even bring my file and did not tell me all my results until I went for a second opinion and that Doctor read me the post-op report. Also the wait for appointment time is extremely long at least an hr and a half to two hours each time I go, which is hard if you need to get to work.

Submitted June 28, 2016

Dr Shakiba performed my partial hysterectomy and it was one of the best decisions I have ever made. After suffering for years with endometriosis, seeing multiple drs and living a life with monthly pain, I finally decided on a hysterectomy. Dr Shakiba is the best in his field, he will answer all of your questions, has great bedside manner, uses the most advanced techniques, is extremely knowledgeable and really cares. If exploring surgery, you want an expert surgeon working on you, not a Dr who periodically performs surgeries. My recovery was much easier than expected and scarring was minimal. I highly recommend Dr Shakiba. He came highly recommended from my oncologist for good reason. He works with Hackensack Medical Center, which is one of the best hospitals in NJ, that was also important. I live in Manhattan, but he is worth the trip.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016

After suffering with severe Pelvic Organ Prolapsed and Bladder problems for many years going from doctor to doctor fortunately I met Dr.Shakiba. My first consultation with Dr.Shakiba amazed me, he spend good 45 min. on explaining every details of my condition and the risks and benefits of the surgery. I left the office feeling special. Visiting his office numerous times I see that each and every one of his patients is special and getting individual attention and care from the doctor and his professional staff. This doctor is the most skilled, thoughtful, and intelligent doctor I have ever met. He is a great scientist and inventor in his field. I would like to emphasize that his office wouldn’t take my insurance. Dr.Shakiba explained to me my options and never spoke about the payment again. I wish Dr.Shakiba a good health and happiness. Not only will his magical hands, also his wonderful and compelling smile heel many of us. THANK YOU DR.SHAKIBA

flag | Submitted May 14, 2016

One year and a half ago, I met with Dr. Shakiba for a second opinion regarding a hysterectomy. I was very nervous about having to have this procedure done. He immediately put me at ease with his knowledge and calm demeanor. He was so thorough and really took the time to explain all of my options in detail. I knew I was in good hands and the surgery was a success! Dr. Shakiba had wonderful bedside manner and his staff at the Women’s Pelvic Surgery of NJ were very efficient and helpful as well. I am fortunate to have such a great GYN doctor!

flag | Submitted February 2, 2016

The doctor and his staff were excellent in diagnosing and working with me from start to finish on my pelvic prolapse surgery. I had my procedure at the end of September and the healing and recovery process was much better than expected. I would highly recommend that you give Dr. Shakiba's office a call with any questions; he's very caring and does not push surgery unless he firmly believes it is in your best interest. It's been three months since my surgery and I feel like a new person.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2015

I am very pleased with the doctor and his staff. They are very professional and helpful, they always get back to you in an appropriate amount of time. I would recommend him to others for their healthcare needs.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2015

I was diagnosed with uterine fibroids in 2011, in 2013 these multiple fibroids grew to the size of a grapefruit, I had heavy bleeding with my menstrual cycle, frequent urination because they were pressing on my kidneys with severe pain. I was recommended to Dr Shakiba, since my situation required surgery, these fibroids grew to the size of a woman being 6 months pregnant. He also discovered i had endometriosis. I am in my 30's never had children, so I was concerned about that. After meeting with Dr. Shakiba, I knew I was in excellent hands, I am a nurse so i knew he was extremely knowledgeable, a true professional, with many years of experience. He was able to uniquely compose a plan of care for me. He is a Godsend, I have been praying to find a Doctor who could help me and I have found him. My surgery required a c-section for fibroid removal, after about 3 weeks post op I was feeling better. I am happy to say it has been 4 months since my surgery and I found out I am pregnant! Thanks to Dr Shakiba for his help, I am truly thankful beyond words.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2015

Dr. Shakiba is an excellent doctor. He's conservative about whether or not to perform surgery, and while many doctors push whatever "drug du jour" the pharmaceutical companies are promoting, Dr. Shakiba's suggestions regarding medication have been creative and effective. He also referred me to a pelvic floor physical therapist, who has been a godsend. His staff members are compassionate and impeccably competent. Great doctor, great staff!

flag | Submitted July 24, 2015

Dr Shakiba is one of the most caring and knowledgeable doctors I have ever met. I suffered for years in pain after a historectomy, Dr. Shakiba performed robotic surgery and was able to remove massive amounts of scar tissue. I went to many doctors before I found him. I am doing much better and have very little pain. Since he is a urogynecologist he also was able to help me with bladder issues I was having. I would recommend him to everyone who is need of a good gynecologist or urologist he is amazing!!!!

flag | Submitted July 23, 2015

Dr. Khashayar Shakiba's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Shakiba is a Board Certified Gynecologist, a Board Certified Uro-Gynecoligist, a Certified Robotic Surgeon, a Fellow of the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, a respected author, lecturer, and the inventor of the patented “E POP Q” the first objective non-invasive test for Pelvic Organ Prolapse. He is the Division Director of Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery for Departement of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Hackensack University Medical Center. He has studied under some of the most respected and advanced minimally invasive pelvic reconstructive surgeons in the world both during his internship at Yale New Haven Hospital (affiliated with Yale Medical School) and his residency at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation. He is actively involved in surgical training and teaching of fellows and residents at Hackensack University Medical Center. Breakthroughs in robotic technology over the last ten years have benefited tens of thousands of patients. Dr. Shakiba has performed hundreds of successful robotic assisted surgeries. Dr. Shakiba is very proud of his work proctoring other surgeons who have performed hundreds of additional successful procedures under his supervision. Dr. Shakiba is dedicated to providing his patients with the most technologically advanced medical and surgical solutions to insure their well-being. This is the driving force that encouraged him to invent and patent the “Electronic Pelvic Organ Prolapse Quantification system (E- POP Q system)” which is in the final phases of clinical trials.

• Persian
  • French

• Yale University (Grad. 2003)
  • Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences and Health Services (Grad. 1997)
  • Case Western Reserve University (Grad. 2007)

• Endometriosis
  • Uterine fibroids
  • Urinary incontinence
  • Uterine prolapse
  • Anterior prolapse (cystocele)
  • Rectovaginal fistula
  • Posterior prolapse (rectocele)
  • Abdominal hysterectomy
  • Vaginal hysterectomy
  • Rectal prolapse surgery
  • Cystoscopy
  • Chronic pelvic pain in women
  • Menorrhagia (heavy menstrual bleeding)
  • Menopause
  • Menstrual cramps
  • Amenorrhea
  • Female infertility
  • Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Hackensack, NJ