Ratings for Dr. Hiten V. Kisnad

This has to be the worse doctor’s office I’ve ever walked into. It took almost 3 weeks to get an appt. I walked into their beyond bright orange office with a horrible air fragrance that was overwhelming taking over the whole office. The “Dr” came around the corner and said someone would be with me. Didn’t not say hi, how ya doing, nice to meet you, nothing. Then his “secretary” came from around the corner and slipped through her window a clip board with 20 pages to fill out. They could have sent that to me and I could have filled all that out during those 3 weeks I had to wait. On the 3rd form they wanted me to sign, it stated all kind of additional fees for regular services. I immediately told the “secretary” that I would not sign that form. She told the doctor but they did t say anything else. After filling out all those papers, 30 mins later, I gave them back to the “doctor” and his “secretary”. The doctor immediately said I didn’t sign one form. I said I refuse to sign a form that states he’ll charge me $90 for a scrip form a prescription refill. Not the meds just the scrip. (Mind you I have some of the best insurance out there). It also said medical records would be $1/page and $30 processing fee. So after I told him o would not sign it he said I could find a different doctor. I am more than happy to find a caring psychiatrist and not one that only out for the money. There was no compassion from them. Very cold place. I would NEVER recommend them to anyone....EVER. I will also be following up with a complaint to the health insurance company and the state medical board. I have never had anyone let alone a psychiatrist act this way. STAY AWAY FROM KISNAD HITEN

flag | Submitted May 23, 2018

Awful, complete waste of time and money. If you're a new patient plan on two billed visits before learning what the course of treatment will be. This is not disclosed at time of scheduling. I can deal w his total lack of warmth but the focus on making as much money as possible for treating you is just sad. He's the prototype of a money hungry doctor and has in role in the reason insurance premiums are what they are. 👍🏼Good for you "doc". 230.00 and absolutely no resolutuon.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2017

best psychiatrist in town, i highly recommend this doctor

flag | Submitted December 20, 2016

Dr Kisnad has given me a quality of life and happiness that I would not have otherwise been able to achieve on my own. True, it took some time, and at times I even thought about stopping treatment, but he is a true professional and dedicated to making people better. I happen to like his frank, no- bullcrap demeanor. I can only say good things about this doctor. If you want to be coddled, and have a pity party for yourself, then you need to find someone else! A very satisfied patient, that's me.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

Had to finally leave Kisnad and look for another doctor when he started manipulating my daughter into going on a more expensive medicine so he would get a kicked back from the supplier. My daughter was so stressed out with each visit (which was often so he could make money off of her office visit) knowing he would try to take her off her meds that are working perfectly fine. It was very apparent that he was getting a kick back. I should have known where this was headed when in 2010 my daughter was admitted to Baptist. She was in the hospital for six days while they weaned her off of the six medicines he had her on. Upon our return to his office he was angry because they put her on different meds because he is the professional. I don't know but last I knew so were the doctor's at Baptist. Very arrogant! Steer clear of this money hungry doctor.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2015

Excellent doctor, very knowledgeable, very good bedside manner

flag | Submitted February 20, 2015

Very good, very helpful, very professional, very kind

flag | Submitted February 19, 2015

Everything everyone heard about this A.....ole is true! No compassion, very unfriendly, charges for everything and makes his patients feel uncomfortable asking for help. Should not be allowed to be in a profession who should be helping patients heal... Very unkind person!

flag | Submitted December 10, 2014

I was very disappointed, on my first visit, he charged $300.00 I felt he didn't ask me questions. He made me feel like the only thing he was interested in was collecting money. He put me on antidepressants which I have to admit are working well. It was his attitude I couldn't deal with I couldn’t understand him and he made me feel intimidated. I would go weekly for him to give me free samples, but have to pay $90.00 a week. He actually said to me "You do the math". Well I did the math and it was cheaper for him to write me a prescription. The antidepressants where brand and expensive. I feel like because he had free samples it was a way for him to make money weekly. In my opinion he has no ethics it was all about the money. There is more to this story, but running out of characters they will allow.He might be good doctor for some people he just wasn't the kind of doctor I wanted to go back to.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2014

flag | Submitted December 3, 2013

Dr. Hiten V. Kisnad's Credentials

• Topiwala Nat'L Med Coll, Univ Of Bombay, Bombay, Maharashtra, India (Grad. 1980)

Tufts