Ratings for Dr. Gwen M. Allen

This dr. is very unstaffed, she can't handle all her patients. Most of the times she has nurse practitioners seeing patients. It takes her over a week for her to fill a prescription for her patients. Staff member Stephanie is very rude. Most of all her staff members are very rude and very uninformed. If you have an appointment at 10 you will get out of the office until 2. Wait time is ridiculous. The lobby is always filled with patients. I would not recommend this place for any new mothers I will change her as my doctor as soon as possible. Ladies you will leave this place angry and talking on the phone is even worse.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2016

All in all imma sum it up by saying that IM WELL SATISFIED WITH MY TREATMENT WITH MY DR. DR.GWEN ALLEN SHE IS AND I REPEAT SHE IS ONE OF THEE BEST OBGYN DOCS I HAVE KNOWN MY 32 yrs AND I RECOMMEND HER TO ANYONE.... I BEEN SEEING HER SINCE 2000 I came frm Dr.janice exum and to be honest dr.exum sucks as a obgyn....AND IMMA WELL SATIFIED PATIENT OF DR.GWEN ALLEN AND SHE MY ONE AND ONLY NUMBER 1OBGYN AND IM PROUD TO HAVE CHOSEN HER....

flag | Submitted April 10, 2014

Was surprised to read the previous comment, because the office is not dingy, its actually clean and pretty high tech. The staff is knowledgeable and helpful. Dr Allen does run a very busy practice, and often runs late, but she really shows a lot of expertise. I was being treated by my Primary care provider for a problem that wasn't resolving. Finally decided to see an OB/Gyn and came to this office. Within one visit with Dr Allen, she took the right lab tests right there in the office, changed the treatment and I was good to go in no time. Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted February 2, 2013

Avoid at all costs. Allen can have a nice bedside manner; you'll want to overlook the dingy office, unfriendly office staff, & 1 to 2 1/2 hour wait. Not a misprint-- 2 and a half HOURS! No apology-- ever. Allen is not a good person to trust w/ your pregnancy. She gave me a C-section with nothing but problems, incl. a 5-wk. infection & precious little help healing it. My C @ UCLA 3 yrs. later was a dream by comparison!! Next drama: Allen's staff told me to come in & see her after a miscarriage I suffered. She then CHANGED HER MIND after I waited for 2 hrs (still bleeding-- which she might not have known-- but she IS an ob-gyn, after all) in her waiting room, husband & baby in tow. I suspect the tons of ppl in her waiting rm. were the reason, but they refused to even tell me! Unless I waited till 6pm, when the patients were gone (HUH?). They told me she decided I should go see a "gen.practitioner." Allen has TOO MANY PATIENTS to care. She often acts bitter / angry / sleep-deprived.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2011

i'm 31 weeks pregnant and i haven't met dr gwen and they never answered my questions verry poor service .stay away from this clinic if you can.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2010

Plan to wait at least 2 hours to be seen. They assume everyone is familiar with the birth process. They never have paper to print the baby's image. Overbook appointments every time. They treat pregnancy like a factory line.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2010

Dr. Gwen M. Allen's Credentials

• University Of California, Ucla School Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Gardena, CA