Ratings for Dr. Priscilla Taylor

After 20+ years in the medical field, I know a good doctor when I meet one, and I have to admit, there are few doctors in the hundreds that I've worked with that I dislike. This does NOT describe Dr. Taylor. I can identify with what other people have said reviews here -- poor bedside manner, urge to push patients off on a specialist instead of treating basic problems, lousy overall attitude. I found Dr. Taylor to be impatient and condescending. She absolutely had no interest in listening to anything I had to say and never asked me any in dept questions about my medical history. The last time I was in the office, she didn't even notice my blood pressure was high, or if she did, she didn't even mentioned it. How could ignoring or forgetting one of the most basic measures of overall health ever fall under the category of being a good doctor? Her attitude was so cold and condescending that half way through my second appt, I'd already decided to find another doctor, so I didn't bring it up. Three different times during the appointment, she actually insinuated that I was lying when, if she had taken that next logical step, she would have come up with explanations instead of having ME provide them. She is either extremely inexperienced or chooses to share her experience with those she deems worthy. I was, evidently, not one of those people. If you feel like rolling the dice with your health, sure, put your life in Dr. Taylor's hands. Godspeed. As if that weren't bad enough, even the good reviews for Dr. Taylor here speak poorly about her office staff. I too found them cold, unenthusiastic, and extremely slow. The office itself is old and run down. Depressing. My husband and I work hard for our insurance. I'm making a better choice on how to spend it taking GOOD care of our health with a practice that CARES.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2016

Would NOT recommend. No follow up, no return calls. She's a mass Dr no quality care at all.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2015

So proud to have Dr. Taylor as my new PCP and wish I had gone to her a long time ago! Finally a competent doctor who listens to my concerns and addresses them. Very kind, knowledgeable with superb bedside manners, does not rush me in and out, and she's simply everything I want and need in a physician. The wait time can be pretty awful so plan accordingly.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2012

I don't know where the bad reviews are coming from! Dr. Taylor has been nothing but extraordinary with my care. She listens to my concerns and explains things to me unlike some doctors that don't bother. Dr. Taylor is great!!!

flag | Submitted February 2, 2011

not helpful at all, that's all I can say I waited three weeks and she was with me for 2 minutes. Told her I was in pain she blamed it on stress and didn't even give any medication.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2011

I have been a patient for OVER 10 years of Dr. Taylor. Without a shadow of a doubt, she IS the best doctor in our area. There is no one who is more attentive, caring and knowledgeable than Dr. Taylor. Dr. Carty is also an excellent doctor. I have never felt rushed or pushed out. She is interested in getting results and finding solutions. She leaves no stone unturned. When I had abdominal pain she had thoughts instantly on what my prognosis could be but wanted to rule out other possible conditions as well. She sent me to have multiple tests which revealed so much. I appreciate her for being so thorough and caring so much about getting me results and my time. I had all tests ordered one time while I was there. Now her office staff have not be good reflections on her as a physician. They have been rude and inattentive. I expressed this to her and Dr. Carty and changes were made in the office. I have seen great improvement in their customer service. I love Dr. Taylor!!!

flag | Submitted August 17, 2010

Dr. Taylor is one of the worst general practictioners I have ever been to. She is very judgemental and preachy. Bedside manner is cold and standoffish. Was not interested in really listening to me, only wanted to get me out of there and treat the 'symptom of the day.' If even that - often I received no help. I would not recommend her at all. She is primarily interested in shuffling you off to a 'specialist' and not treating you as a whole individual (whole patient concept). I saw her a few times to give it a chance. Never again. Grade = zero

flag | Submitted May 18, 2010

Dr. Taylor seems eager to listen and help, however, she can be a bit scatterbrained. I like her, but if I were not moving out of the area, I would find another doctor. It takes 7 days to get a lab test result and then patients have to call a number to hear the results. I'm not impressed. Good for the short term, but if you need a good manager for your health, go somewhere else, this isn't the place.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2010

Extremely helpful and knowledgeable. She has a great bedside manner and makes her patients feel completely at ease. I'm so glad I found her!

flag | Submitted April 7, 2010

I always leave Dr. Taylor's office feeling well informed and listened to. She patiently answers all my questions and is very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2010

Dr. Priscilla Taylor's Credentials

• Bowman Gray Sch Of Med Of Wake Forest Univ, Winston-Salem Nc 27157 (Grad. 1996)

HIP