Ratings for Dr. Mary M. Hammack

Wonderful primary care doctor and Internist with a passion for the elderly! She really cares. She is extremely bright, and award winning. Her visits do take a long time but she takes care of primarily very complicated patient's. She has been year after year recognized by her peers at the best of the best!!

flag | Submitted February 6, 2013

Dr. Mary Hammack is a great Internal Medicine/Geriatric doctor! She see's my mother and takes her time with her no matter how long! She does have long wait times, but she only see's difficult Medicare patients so this is to be expected. Once you get back to see her she does not rush you and she is very thorough. My mother is one who does not like going to the doctor, so she tries and do everything she can for her rather then just shoving her off to a specialist. I love that I can communicate with Dr. Hammack through the web portal so that I know first my Mother's plan of care. This is a great office and highly recomended, I can see why Dr. Hammack has been voted by her peers as a top doctor in Dallas and Collin County!

flag | Submitted February 4, 2013

Dr. Hammack is a knowledgeable, thorough, and compassionate medical doctor who provides excellent health care. When I needed surgery last year, and the care of other speciallists, she referred me to an excellent surgeon and other specialists who provided expert care. She promptly responds to questions andemails (on Patient Portal). I have referred many potential patients to her and trust them to her care. L. Vanzant

flag | Submitted June 10, 2012

This is a very knowledgeable and compassionate physician. I have established this physician as my primary care physician and have recommended her highly to my family and friends. There is no question that there is often a long wait, but the reason is that she specializes in very complex patients and she puts her heart and soul in the treatment of her patients. She is very, very kind and extremely bright. For more than a decade she has been rated as one of the best doctors in Dallas for good reason. I love her new office. They are paperless. She gives you direct access to her through the patient portal. God bless her!!

flag | Submitted February 7, 2010

Dr. Hammack is far remoed from the reality of life. She is ineffective, and does not show any real kindness or concern for her patients, She is stingy with writing pain medications, and is mostly concerned with getting paid. I went into the hospital which is attached to her office building for three days and she never came to see me once, even though I had been seeing her for a while. Some doctors need to just do research or something besides seeing patients and Dr. Hammack is one of these.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2009

This woman is a breath of fresh air in the practice of medicine! I am a retired cardiac nurse and have seen my share of doctors. Dr. Mary takes time and listens. During my first visit I was so impressed that I wanted to throw my arms around her and give her a hug. I immediatly made an appointment for my 77 y/o spouse to see he r.He had the same reaction.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2009

After seeing 7 Drs. at Baylor and Presbyterian - Dr. Mary Hammack was the only person who took time with me (1 hour);took complete history; blood tests in office; explained potential diagnosis; and actually listened to my concerns. Had detailed x-rays same day and results in same day. I highly recommend Dr. Mary Hammack - she is a truly dedicated medical professional in every sense of the word. (When other Drs. told me to go see a psych... she just shook her head - there really WAS something medically wrong.) Thank you!

flag | Submitted June 1, 2008

Dr. Mary M. Hammack's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical School At San Antonio (Grad. 1988)

Kaiser-Permanente