Ratings for Dr. Russell Brent Stokes

Dr Stokes reduced a mole on my sons chin. His bedside manner was excellent and follow up was great. Highly recommend .

flag | Submitted September 12, 2014

Dr. Stokes came highly recommended by a friend who used him on several occasions as well as by my general practitioner. I found his staff very friendly and professional. Dr. Stokes was a pleasure during consultation and patiently answered all my questions. I always felt like I was in good hands, and my surgery was a great success! My husband and I never regretted our decision to put my surgery in his capable hands. I have had several caring and professional post-op appts and continue to see him per protocol, and I couldn't disagree more with previous post complaining of abandonment issues after surgery. No regrets; just great results!

flag | Submitted April 22, 2014

I have been a professional colleague of Dr. Stokes for over four years. He is an excellent and caring surgeon. I have referred many of my patients to him and they have all been very satisfied with his expert surgical skill and compationate bedside manner. I have never received any negative feedback regarding his care. With my own recent diagnosis of breast cancer, I chose him without reservation to perform my surgical reconstruction. He and his staff have been extremely professional, kind, supportive and readily available for any of my concerns. When he performed my surgery at the Outpatient Surgical Center the entire staff could not speak highly enough about him. I have observed him providing the same level of care to ALL of his patients. I am very pleased with my breast reconstruction. I continue to highly recommend Dr. Stokes to any patient. Take the reviews of soon to be ex-husbands and ex-employees with a grain of salt.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2014

Dr. Stokes is a great surgeon and a caring, soft spoken man. Considering plastic surgery had me nervous. But after 3 C-sections and a hysterectomy, my tummy was a mess! I wasn't fat, I simply had lots of extra skin, and low esteem. After meeting Dr. Stokes, he, and his staff had me excited to go for it! I had a full tummytuck in Feb. 2011. It's a tough surgery, but Dr. Stokes did a great job, and my recovery went perfectly! My abs look fabulous!---After two years of working out hard in the gym, I went back for another consult with Dr. Stokes' team about having breast augmentation. He laid out all the options available, and together we decided what was right for me. I had the 2nd surgery in Dec. 2013 with no complications--easy recovery--great aftercare. My body is now lean, and proportional! At age 49 I have returned to the sport of bodybuilding. It wouldn't be possible without Dr.Russell Stokes. I HIGHLY recommend him to anyone considering cosmetic surgery. Get your confidence back!

flag | Submitted April 18, 2014

Breast cancer is a devasting diagnosis to receive. Fortunately, my General Surgeon recommended Dr. Stokes to perform the first phase of my breast reconstruction at the same time as my mastectomy. Dr Stokes met with me and explained each step that would be needed for a breast implant and nipple reconstruction. Dr. Stokes was able to show me many pictures of his past surgical results and gave me precise answers to each of my questions. He was kind and understanding of both my physical and emotional needs. I have now completed all phases of my reconstruction and could not be more pleased with my results.Along the way there was always support from his staff. His assistant Brandy was always informative and helpful. She was also present at each surgery and a welcome sight prior to each procedure. I highly recommend Dr. Stokes to anyone facing breast cancer and wanting remarkable results. My other doctors who have seen my transformation have commented on the excellence of his work.So thankful

flag | Submitted April 18, 2014

flag | Submitted April 9, 2014

Worst surgeon ever. Completely botched my surgery. Two years later I'm still having it corrected. I'm not sure what is worse, the physical scars or the mental toll this has taken on myself and my family. I'm begging anyone considering Stokes get a second opinion. He's very convincing during consults but after surgery he pretty much abandons you.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2013

I think I know who the nurse in Bakersfield too, she's awesome.He is great & friendly, but drops you like a hot potatoe after surgery. If you have a problem after surgery it's hard to get a call back sometimes from staff. No emotional support from him or his male nurse. His wife sees patients with him in Bakersfield, she is sweet and tries, but its odd to have her in room looking at your chest, kinda made me uncomfortable. Shes so thin and sad looking, poor thing. He can be curt if you say anything he doesnt like. I think he feels confronted or something, and responds in a defensive way. Too bad he doesn't still have the nurse he used to work with. She made sure things were done right and gave you a lot of support and encouragement.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2010

He's so sweet & caring before surgery, but after wards if you make a comment about his work, office staff, aftercare etc..he acts the opposite, and raises his voice at you. He made me cry, he's cruel.His staff never called back when they said.I thought it was just me, but I've heard this now from others too. My friend is a nurse who used to help him with patients on her own time, without being paid.If it wasn't for her I don't know what I would of done.She always would take care of any patient issue for him,& make excuses for him.At that time he was her friend, so she tried to help him out, but after she had to talk to him about something personal, he freaked out on her, threw a tantrum, and won't talk to her anymore.Now his staff and wife have been saying slanderous things about her that are mean,unprofessional& damaging to her.She's a great person,& sent him a lot of business.One day he was fine, the next he cuts you off.He used my friend for nothing but pt. referrals for 5 yrs.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2010

Dr. Stokes was very profesional and informative. His office staff was nice as well although one of them told me I should get DD's and then lifted up her shirt to show me hers on my first visit..um, no thanks, and then post surgery one of his nurses told me to pull out a suture which she thought was disolvable but wasn't - thank god I didn't listen to her! He does great work and I would highly recommend him although his office staff not so much.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2009

Dr. Russell Brent Stokes's Credentials

• University Of California, Ucla School Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)

Top Hospitals in Pinehurst, NC