Ratings for Dr. Anthony M. Digioia

I had no problem with Dr. Digioia. It was his billing people that totally screwed me. They took my insurance and told me I was covered. Then 8 months later they sent me a bill for 300.00 dollars. Blue cross told me they had a lot of problems with this office. Because it was past the 6 months period I could not appeal it. The billing woman said she would write off half the bill and if I didn't like that she would send me to collections. This was not my fault as I asked all the right questions, and was told everything was good. The woman in billing was RUDE and nasty. I will no longer be going to this office again. It's a shame that Dr. Digioiais losing patients because of his staff.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2016

In December 2016, it will be ten years that I was left crippled by Anthony DiGioia following a right hip replacement. It was obvious something was wrong the moment I tried to stand up following surgery. In my limited follow-up office visits, I was repeatedly told that my legs were the same length and it 'was all in my head." (Wish I could show a photo here!) Both I and my home care nurse were refused any further appointments by the staff. Upon the advise of one of my physical therapists, I went to Cleveland Clinic for extensive evaluation. I was told by the surgeon there, and I quote: "I'm sick and tired of trying to fix DiGioia's messes, but this is one I cannot fix." The wonderful physician who did back surgery (rods & fusion) on me six months prior to the hip surgery, was furious to see what had been done to me. He was right when he said that DiGioia had just destroyed everything that was done for my back. My walker and permanent handicap parking sticker will attest that. My every statement is factual, and I have no reservations about answering anyone's questions. Contact: rmstack@yahoo.com.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2016

One of the best experiences going to an orthopedic doctor. I had my knee replaces and never felt so confident in a surgeon. His staff both in the office and in his wing of the hospital go beyond making you feel more than just a "number". The doctor does spend time with you and will sit directly in front of you and listen to what you have to ask / say. He never seemed rushed to me. I would highly recommend him and his practice!

flag | Submitted August 11, 2016

Unless you are a candidate for hip or knee replacement, he does not want to see you. When you try to see him because of a recall on your replacement he wants nothing to do with you and you get sent to his partner. Even though he did the original replacement you don't matter anymore and the entire staff treats you the same way. Most unfortunate that such a gifted surgeon has no regard for his patient after he does your replacement and takes your money. Will never recommend him again as I have in the past on numerous occasions.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2016

Quick appointment but the staff is rushed. The doctor spends no time with you. The practice is setup like a factory, they only want patients who are eligible for hip replacement. They don't want to care for the patient's whose symptoms are not severe enough to warrant surgery. Dr. Digioia makes for an excellent politician, he seems courteous but smiles in your face knowing he only needs you for money. If you don't need your hip or knee replaced, he sends you to one of his partners to deal with. If you become a problem patient, or marked "RPP" for Return Problem Patient, your put in a special slot. His schedule only holds so many RPP's per day. If you fall into this category, you'll be waiting a long time for an appointment, so don't make him mad. If a patient comes in for an unspecified symptom, or something other than a hip or knee surgery, he can often be heard cussing out his employees in the hallways. His practice is built for one thing, profit. They do an EXCELLENT job at being courteous and smiling, but it's just for cash. They get you in and out to maximimize how many patients they see a day. He'll see roughly 45 patients between 6am-10am. Please explain how he can accurately diagnose you with an allotted appointment bracket of five minutes a patient. Don't go to him, once he does your surgery, theres no follow through. You'll be treated as a number. Any problems, he won't deal with you, you'll be sent to his partners.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2016

My first hip replacement was in April of 2013, recovery was easy, breezy. My second hip was done in July, 2014. My first time out of bed was about 4hours after surgery and with a walker I walked 500 feet. After in home therapy x 1 week, I did water aerobics at the Y and that really expedited my complete healing. If I had any more hips I would head straight to his office. My husband had both a knee and a hip replaced. We are retired and for the past two winters have driven all around the southern states from Florida to Texas and back to Pennsylvania.....no problems ever !! Greatest healthcare experience ever !!

flag | Submitted July 8, 2015

Dr DiGioia replaced my knee 5/7/2012. One month to the day, I walked 2.7 miles and the following day I played 5 holes of golf! I totally respect him and the care he provides. He does all he can to prevent infection- own wing with private rooms and therapy department steps away. My hip is next and that's it!!!! I also liked the fact they used injections to delay surgery! Staff are very responsive!!!

flag | Submitted September 24, 2014

I saw Dr. Digioia about a knee replacement. I had my knee replaced in December and have had no problems. He has put together a wonderful package covering every aspect of the operation from pre-testing to rehab. He has put together an exercise program that helps to get you into shape so that you have more mobility in your knee before the operation. I think he has everything covered to make it as easy as possible for you and your recovery.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2012

I have had my left hip replaced in 2003 and my right hip in 2005. As of today not a problem. Dr.Digioia and his staff are great. It is a must that you stick to your rehab exersizes.Keep up the nice work.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2012

I had both hips replaced within three months. I have no complaints about the doctor, his staff, the hospital, the rehab. Everything was perfect. Thank you.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2010

Dr. Anthony M. Digioia's Credentials

• Harvard Medical School (Grad. 1986)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal