Ratings for Dr. Anthony M. Digioia

Quick appointment but the staff is rushed. The doctor spends no time with you. The practice is setup like a factory, they only want patients who are eligible for hip replacement. They don't want to care for the patient's whose symptoms are not severe enough to warrant surgery. Dr. Digioia makes for an excellent politician, he seems courteous but smiles in your face knowing he only needs you for money. If you don't need your hip or knee replaced, he sends you to one of his partners to deal with. If you become a problem patient, or marked "RPP" for Return Problem Patient, your put in a special slot. His schedule only holds so many RPP's per day. If you fall into this category, you'll be waiting a long time for an appointment, so don't make him mad. If a patient comes in for an unspecified symptom, or something other than a hip or knee surgery, he can often be heard cussing out his employees in the hallways. His practice is built for one thing, profit. They do an EXCELLENT job at being courteous and smiling, but it's just for cash. They get you in and out to maximimize how many patients they see a day. He'll see roughly 45 patients between 6am-10am. Please explain how he can accurately diagnose you with an allotted appointment bracket of five minutes a patient. Don't go to him, once he does your surgery, theres no follow through. You'll be treated as a number. Any problems, he won't deal with you, you'll be sent to his partners.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2016

My first hip replacement was in April of 2013, recovery was easy, breezy. My second hip was done in July, 2014. My first time out of bed was about 4hours after surgery and with a walker I walked 500 feet. After in home therapy x 1 week, I did water aerobics at the Y and that really expedited my complete healing. If I had any more hips I would head straight to his office. My husband had both a knee and a hip replaced. We are retired and for the past two winters have driven all around the southern states from Florida to Texas and back to Pennsylvania.....no problems ever !! Greatest healthcare experience ever !!

flag | Submitted July 8, 2015

Dr DiGioia replaced my knee 5/7/2012. One month to the day, I walked 2.7 miles and the following day I played 5 holes of golf! I totally respect him and the care he provides. He does all he can to prevent infection- own wing with private rooms and therapy department steps away. My hip is next and that's it!!!! I also liked the fact they used injections to delay surgery! Staff are very responsive!!!

flag | Submitted September 24, 2014

I saw Dr. Digioia about a knee replacement. I had my knee replaced in December and have had no problems. He has put together a wonderful package covering every aspect of the operation from pre-testing to rehab. He has put together an exercise program that helps to get you into shape so that you have more mobility in your knee before the operation. I think he has everything covered to make it as easy as possible for you and your recovery.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2012

I have had my left hip replaced in 2003 and my right hip in 2005. As of today not a problem. Dr.Digioia and his staff are great. It is a must that you stick to your rehab exersizes.Keep up the nice work.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2012

I had both hips replaced within three months. I have no complaints about the doctor, his staff, the hospital, the rehab. Everything was perfect. Thank you.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2010

I recently have had my hip replaced with Dr.DiGioia and am extremely pleased.He+staff were great!

flag | Submitted April 26, 2010

Dr DiGioia replaced both my hips and both my knees. The surgeries went extremely well, and his rehab. program, although quiet vigorous and demanding, got me back to normal in very quick time. Imagine hhaving a total hip replacement and being back to work in 3-4 weeks! He is quite personable and always treated me as though I was one of his family. His smile is captivating, and he always had time to expain my situation and options until I had a full understanding of everything. My only regret is that he only treats joint replacement patients. I need to see someone else for my routine orthopaedic concerns.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

Results of hip surgery in December 2006 left me cripped and in constant pain. In the early follow-up visits (first two months), I complained of pain and leg length discrepancy. After that, I was refused an appointment on several occasions (something the physician vehemently denies). Ultimately, I went to Cleveland Clinic where I was told I had a leg length discrepancy, but hip revision surgery was not an option for me; my only option was a pain clinic. Only after I was forced to seek help from another orthopedic surgeon was it suggested to me that I could see Dr. DiGioia's "partner" if I so desired.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2009

Wonderful knowledgeable staff who make the surgery as pleasant as possible! Quick recovery and rehab went great.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2009

Dr. Anthony M. Digioia's Credentials

• Harvard Medical School (Grad. 1986)

UPMC

Updates

• A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Quick appointment but the staff is rushed. The doctor spends no time with you. The practice is setup like a factory, they only want patients who are eligible fo..."

April 28, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My first hip replacement was in April of 2013, recovery was easy, breezy. My second hip was done in July, 2014. My first time out of bed was about 4hours after..."

July 8, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr DiGioia replaced my knee 5/7/2012. One month to the day, I walked 2.7 miles and the following day I played 5 holes of golf! I totally respect him and the c..."

September 24, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=174029'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 4.0

February 5, 2014