Ratings for Dr. M. Mark Awar

Way to expensive for services rendered. Was referred by Foothills Clinic after EKG showed problem $150 for this visit. Went to Dr Awar and he did same exact EKG and charged me another $350. Very upset patient.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

If you want someone who knows his stuff, this is the doctor for you! You might have to wait a little but that's because he takes his time with his patients.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2015

Ok what doctor does anyone go to and not have to wait? Honestly, if the waiting room wasn't full and I was seen right away, I would wonder why the doctor isn't overbooked and busy. Yes you will have to wait because he is the BEST in town and everyone wants to see him. He is very knowledgable and ethical and I would ever want to see anyone else in town. I was rescheduled a couple of times but I understand doctors have emergencies and appts have to be rescheduled. See Dr Awar with confidence! I have also seen the other doctor in the office, Dr Alamoodi and he's very good too!

flag | Submitted January 15, 2015

My husband had an appt with Dr Awar for a year in advance. Two days before we are told we would be seeing an unknown Dr. It will take another 3 months to schedule with Dr Awar. I think we will go to Phoenix instead. Yuma has become unreliable.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2014

I began seeing Dr. Awar after my last cardiologist past away, whom I'd been seeing since I was 18. I was extremely worried I would not find another cardiologist to care for me the way my past cardiologist and his staff did. I found another one but didn't feel important when I was being seen so decided to continue my search. I then was referred to Mr. Awar. On my first visit I must say I was impressed. He was aware of my condition, knowledgeable and made sure to read through my prior records. He told me not to worry and that I would be taken care of here. I have been seeing him for about 4 years now and couldn't be happier. I look forward to his visits even though there may be a wait but I would never want him to speed through my appointment and treat me like I'm unimportant. I appreciate the time & dedication he spends with me & his whole staff is excellent! His nurse..Great! It's crazy at such a young age I have heart problems but I'm glad I have him by my side.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2013

I HAD A HEART PROBLEM FOR 14 YEARS OTHER DOCTORS NEVER SAID WHAT IT WAS OR CORRECTED IT THEY JUST KEPT ME ON MEDICATION-WHICH DID NOT STOP THE PROBLEM. DR AWAR GAVE ME A CORRECT DIAGNOSIS AND REFERRED ME TO A DOCTOR WHO DID AN ABLATION AND STOPPED THE PROBLEM. IT HAS BEEN A OVER A YEAR AND I HAVE NOT HAD ANY ATTACKS.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2013

I have been to several heart specialists and Dr Awar and his staff are very knowledgeable and concerned.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2013

Initial visit was just fine. They left me with shirt off for 30+ min, awaiting Awar for treadmill test. He never showed up;used technician instead. Room has auto disinfectant sprayer adding to discomfort. I have trouble with smells; Made me feel sickly during treadmill test. He is clearly over booked with patients and has no modern system to handle it well. Reception is standing room only and often for hours in a not adequately air conditioned room, with a non-functional TV. This is just to wait for an assistant, not for Awar. I gave up on the appointment to see the assistant and asked for my test results. Over the next 2 months no calls were received from his office. I asked my Dr to get me another guy, and he has. The day after that Awar's office called for an appointment (My Dr called him). I declined and told them why. He sent me a registered letter claiming that I had missed several appointments (Not true) and he needed to see me. Letter was a cheap shot at covering himself.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2013

Great knowledgeable doctor. Went in thinking I was having a heart attack, turned out to be something else. Huge weight off my chest. Great staff also. Sharp folks. Thank you.

flag | Submitted February 29, 2012

This doctor has done more for my condition in one month than anyone else in a dozen years. I first saw him on Nov 1, 2010. He has since done several thorough tests and has had his staff set me up with further appointments for treatment options with Scripps. He has been extremely personable and professional and "up front", working rapidly with even open communication by phone from the doctor personally!

flag | Submitted December 2, 2010