Ratings for Dr. Dean Moutos

Waited for 1 hr b/4 finally getting to see DR, though waiting room was empty. Staff resident asked questions first, then DR asked the exact same questions without looking at previous answers. Moutos looked over my previous test results & stated all my results were normal. During the same consult, he declared my labs showed I had high cholesterol levels (which they weren't-I know what the limits are)among other things. He also said I needed expensive tests that he previously stated was not necessary. He then tried to bully me into having those tests without my permission & without obtaining preauth thru my insurance company (which I work for). When he realized I would not give in, he then tricked me into having a pelvic exam. My previous exam was only 2 mos earlier, but he said his would be more extensive. He spent less time down there than my normal OBGYN, & he performed an unusual breast exam. Office staff was also very, very, very unprofessional...worse than the DR himself.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2009

I found Dr. Moutos and his staff to be unprofessional and difficult to deal with. I would never recommend this doctor to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2009

Had major medical complications with IVF and voiced concerns within 3 days of IVF well before pregnancy test which was negative but Dr. Moutos said the only reason I complained was because I did not get pregnant. He demonstrated a lack of professionalism and general human compassion. Felt like a number and dollar sign instead of a human being. Staff was very rude and did not give correct information on procedure times and drug dosages. Very disappointed in care. Would never go back to clinic. He would not call me during cycle when used emergency pager and had to contact personal GYN to assist with medical complications. Staff would not contact promptly with results or return calls.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2008