Ratings for Dr. Jing Dong

I had cataract surgery in both eyes with Dr. Dong. My experiences with his office staff were the best....efficient, knowledgeable and caring. Dr. Dong and his surgical staff were very accommodating and professional. They called to check on me at home and asked if I had any questions or problems. My type of surgery required several doctor visits and a lot of eye drops. It was well worth it all....I can see so much better now....colors are so vivid...I had forgotten what it's like to see clearly. I would highly recommend Dr. Dong to anyone needing any kind of eye care or surgery.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2016

I too have been overcharged by Dr Dong Charged for procedures not done Looking at my bill I have been paying monthly and none of the payments show up

flag | Submitted November 19, 2015

Overbooks. Ridulously long waits n 2 out of 3 sections.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2014

I was fortunate enough to have LASIK performed by Dr. Dong a few months ago. I thoroughly performed my due diligence prior to contacting his office. I was very comfortable with the fact that he is a very renowned cataract surgeon and that LASIK was a much easier process. Additionally he has invested more into technology than I could imagine. Not only was the LASIK machines the latest and greatest but all of the pre-procedure examination equipment that his staff utilized were seemingly state of the art. During the initial examinations he was very thorough with how the procedure would change the eyes and vision. It was quite refreshing to not be talked down to or given overly basic terms. I felt like he really wanted me to have a keen understanding. The follow up exams have been very quick and easy. He and his team have explained everything thoroughly and made certain that I followed the post-op procedures. I would highly recommend this business for anyone considering LASIK. It is so nice to be free of the weight of glasses and contacts!!

flag | Submitted November 13, 2014

Dr Dong’s practice reminds me of an bad assembly line, very impersonal; patients are rushed through like cattle. I hear that his surgeries are operated the same way. On a personal level he is arrogant and rude. In my case his refraction was inaccurate I had to switch back and forth with my old glasses to be able to see well enough at a distance and close up. I would not recommend him to anyone. If you want to remain a patient of Dr. Dong you better not complain or question a billing, if you do he will drop as a patient and send your records to you and tell you not to come back. He overcharges for everything, he has apparently figured out a way to code the bills to the insurance companies that break one exam into several pieces charging outrageous fees for each item he invents. The billing office has the rudest people, they act like you are an idiot. Find another practice if you need a good eye doctor.

Submitted November 12, 2014

Patient's update
Dear Sir, We are very sorry that you feel this way because it is our goal to provide the best possible care and service to each patient on each visit. However, the events you describe are simply not consistent with the reality of the situation in question. At no time during your visit (prior to checkout) did you give the slightest hint that you may be unsatisfied with the quality of care and service you received. In fact, your attitude was jovial as you joked around with Dr. Dong. It was not until time to pay your bill that your attitude seemed to go negative. Although we regret that your $30 refraction fee was more that you wanted to or could afford to pay at the time, such payment is a standard part of the health insurance process. Because the extent of your negative attitude progressed to open hostility, instead of fanning those flames by continuing to debate the matter, we simply waved the fee and asked you to leave. It was a decision we feel that any practice would be forced to make in that situation in the interest of the comfort and safety of their other patients, and it is for this reason that we can not allow you to return as a patient. Should you continue to make such knowingly false claims in public forums, we will not hesitate to exercise our legal rights to protect ourselves against any and all forms of liable and/or slander. We regret that the situation deteriorated to its current state but we wish you nothing but the best of luck in the future. Regards, Jing Dong, M.D.

Submitted November 14, 2014

I was a patient of Blue/Dong 22 yrs. Severed all contact after their unprofessional, unnecessary surgery, impossible wait time (neither is definitely all that!). Dong's surgery was w/o anesthesia, a pill though he says he's an MD. I felt every suture & heard his irresponsible remarks. I was Blue's first RK patient. Good for a few yrs but 2 add'l lasik surgeries were done w/no effect. Said I had macular degeneration--I don't--real professional MDs have told me. Their work is not warranted, does not help,is even lies & I have alerted federal BC of their fraudulent billing. I have all their records & have been told so much is wrong.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2013

Saw Dong for many years..Keep complaining of eye pain. He passed it off as eye strain. I knew it had to be more...My pain was debilitating... Saw another doctor who diagnosed uveitis....If I kept seeing Dong , I could have lost my sight....

flag | Submitted August 17, 2013

I have had poor vision a few years, due to cataracts. Dr Dong removed both and there was no pain. I now see perfectly. His workers are the best. I loved the experience there. I would certainly recommend Him to anyone. Truly, it could not have gone better. Since I had no insurance, He helped me out so that I did not have to pay full price. Everyone there is so sweet and makes you so comfortable. It is a great place to go for eye treatment.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2013

Today was my second visit to Dr. Dong. Very friendly and helpful office staff. Dr. Dong was very pleasant and professional. He answered all my questions without rushing out the door. I have and will continue to recommend him to acquaintances.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2012

Dr. Dong was prompt and to the point, yet seemed more than happy to address all of my issues and concerns. The staff were also very courteous, and I found the wait time very reasonable. They even phoned in my prescription to my pharmacy before I even left the office! I must admit, I was a little apprehensive during my first visit after reading some of the reviews here, but do keep in mind that most people do not bother writing reviews unless they have a complaint.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2012

Dr. Jing Dong's Credentials

• English
  • Chinese (Classical)
  • Mandarin

• Tianjin Med Coll, Tianjin, Tianjin, China (Grad. 1988)