Ratings for Dr. Thomas Tackman

I scheduled a pap exam with Dr. Tackman and asked the nurse also about getting birth control. She said that Dr. Tackman would probably not prescribe birth control to me, but then she asked if I was married. I said no, and she confirmed he wouldn't because of me being unmarried and because of his own religious beliefs. I then decided just to do a normal physical as it wouldn't make sense to have him do a pap exam only for me to get another pap exam done somewhere else to get birth control. Not to mention I was already extremely uncomfortable at this point. Dr. Tackman spent maybe 5 minutes doing the physical and asking questions. When he was done he just walked out without saying a word. He made me feel very judged and uncomfortable while I was with him, and I will never go back to him.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2015

Physician was abrupt with patient; seemed annoyed when asked to explain medication issues. Was not sympathetic to patient's inability to pay for expensive medical tests. Was unwilling to offer less-costly alternatives to tests.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2010

Dr. Thomas Tackman's Credentials

• Medical College Of Wisconsin (Grad. 1988)

AHC