Ratings for Dr. Paul R. Ellis

I found him to be not only a great physician, but a kind and compassionate physician. I've never been rushed- he takes the time to talk to you to really understand what is going on. I opted to have him do surgery on both of my hands and have had a great result.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2017

His initial diagnosis was not confirmed by the testing and since there was not a surgical option for my problem I was written off by him. I suppose he is typical for a Worker's Comp Doctor But I would never go back there if I had a choice

flag | Submitted July 19, 2011

Dr Ellis's first words, on seeing my injury were "this is going to cost someone a lot of money". I repeated several times that our insurance would more than cover whatever costs were involved, with a modest deductible which we could easily cover. I'm not sure why that was an issue! More troublesome, I'm not sure if that influenced Dr Ellis's decision not to operate and rebuild the joint with bone grafts and pins, as others had suggested. Instead, he reset the joint in his office, without numbing of any kind, without a prescription for pain relief. (and the pain was considerable) He told me that if reduction didn't work, we could always do surgery later. However, now that the bone is healed, the finger is at an angle towards the pinkie and the joint won't bend, I'm told that surgery not an option. My finger appears to be ruined, which for a guitarist, is a tremendous blow. His office also failed to call me back to schedule physical therapy. I am frustrated and disappointed.

Submitted May 17, 2010

Dr. Ellis is wonderful. Very concerned for his patients. Does not rush you in and out, he will spend quality time with you and answer any questions you may have. Very knowlegable at what he does. I have already recommended him to several friends. There is alot of trust there.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2007

Wonderful doctor. Knowledgeable. Kind. Fantastic hand surgeon. Rated as best in Dallas/

flag | Submitted November 21, 2005

Dr. Paul R. Ellis's Credentials

• University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School At Dallas (Grad. 1982)