Dr. Robert B. Wesner

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Robert B. Wesner

Couldn't have asked for a better psychiatrist. I've been in the care of Dr. Wesner for years. He worked a very tough case of depression into remission, and I've continued with him for maintenance appointments even though I've since moved. He's demonstrated extreme skill in selecting and explaining treatment options. Maybe more importantly, his empathy and calm, friendly demeanor make me feel like I'm more in the care of a friend than a doctor. Dr. Wesner is an excellent choice for anyone suffering from mental illness, but especially if you are apprehensive about starting treatment.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2019

Dr. Wesner is caring and careful, thoughtful, and treats me with respect. I recommend him highly.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2019

Dr Wesner is always attentive, respectful and helpful. He has been willing to go out of his way to answer questions and offer aid outside of sessions or during difficult times. If you are willing to work honestly and directly with his straightforward and fair guidelines, the experience will be motivational and rewarding.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2019

I've been a patient for over six years now, and I can honestly say that I've never had an experience with a health provider that's been as rewarding as I've had with Dr. Wesner. Dr. Wesner and his Office Manager, Bonnie (who is awesome), are dedicated to providing the best care possible. They're flexible and accommodating with scheduling, and they're quick to follow up when things like prescription refills/questions arise. I started seeing Dr. Wesner at a very tumultuous time in my life six years ago, and with his guidance I was able to make real progress and heal. I encourage anyone in the area to consider Dr. Wesner for their mental healthcare needs, I know you won't regret it!

flag | Submitted February 17, 2019

Great service. Very knowledgeable. Easy to talk to.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2019

I am very thankful to have found Dr. Wesner as my mental health provider.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2018

Very relaxed environment, best psychiatrist I've ever visited. Treats me as an equal participant in treatment decisions and takes the time to explain everything. Very disappointed that other doctors' offices don't have dogs, since I look forward to seeing them every time I have an appointment!

flag | Submitted December 26, 2018

I've been seeing Dr. Wesner for over ten years, during which time I experienced a variety of challenges; some of them I felt to be life-threatening, some of them led to my threatening my own life. Through them all, Dr. Wesner has listened compassionately, offered both understanding and strategies for coping, shifted medications astutely when I went from depression to acute anxiety, and most important to me, he paid attention to the ways my life and experiences were evolving--I never felt like a 'case' or an 'illness' but like a person who needed help he could kindly and expertly give.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2018

Depression and anxiety run in my family and I have struggled with both since my early teens. I was referred to Dr. Wesner by my primary care doctor a number of years ago. I have found Dr. Wesner to be a caring, honest and skilled physician who does much more than write prescriptions. He actually listens to you, takes an interest in your life, makes insightful suggestions and is never rushed. Dr. Wesner has helped me through some tough times and I feel fortunate to have found him.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2018

Dr. Wesner is a rarity in todays profit focused healthcare world. Dr. Wesner is an expert in his field and stays up-to-date and knowledgeable about new advances in medicine. He not only diagnoses and treats the condition, but cares about the individual as a whole. He has personally gone above and beyond anything I could have ever expected to ensure that the best treatment for my condition was approved by my insurance, which required completely exhausting the appeal process. I would highly recommend Dr. Wesner to anyone seeking quality healthcare.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2018

Dr. Robert B. Wesner's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Wesner sees adults with a variety of conditions, including Mood and Anxiety Disorders, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Addictions, Attention Deficit Disorder, Schizophrenia, and Cognitive Disorders. He collaborates with you to find solutions that will make life better.

• English

• University Of Illinois At Chicago Health Science Center (Grad. 1983)

Unicare