Ratings for Dr. Karl R. Blum

Horrible! I wouldn't recommend him to anyone. Very rude.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2015

I was refered by another Dr to see Dr Blum. Didn't bother to ask me whats bothering me. No examination was done or test of shoulder I was complaining of having pain. Didn't bother asking can you rate your pain. Dr Blum Didn't bother of reading my history. He was very rude, unprofessional and incompetent. I practically to him to give me a cortisone shot and a referal for therapy. All he kept saying that because I'm 43 yrs old I have nothing wrong with me. The Dr that refered me to him was seeing me for a disc in my lower back. Which I was told I had DDD. I complained about pain at the tail bone area. He said nothing was wrong but didn't take time to reciew the mri. Went somewhere else for a 2nd opinion and a review of the mri and a cyst was found at the tail bone area. Anyways after trying to explain the history of my injuries. He didn't want to hear it and kept interrupting me. I guess he thinks he is in my body and knows my pain. Until he walks a mile in my shoes. Maybe he is a Liberal and hate cops. I wouldn't recommend him to anyone. Not even my grandmother.

Submitted May 8, 2015

Horrible Dr. Unprofessional and no compassion for his patient. He was late in seeing me. He didn't examen my shoulder to see is I was moving it properly or to touch to pin point my pain. Did not bother to read my records of history. Just assumed that because I was 43 yrs old I had nothing wrong. I was refered to him by another ortho which said I had DDD. Althought I was complaining of extreme pain at the tail bone area. I went for a second opinion and they found a cyst at the tail bone. He should of taken the time to look at the mri. I would never go back to see Dr Blum. He is very nasty and assumes hw knows it all. Until he walks a mile in my shoes, that when he would realize how ignorant and stupid he is. I wouldn't recommend him to anyone. Didn't let me tell him my symptoms. All he told me I was to young to complain. I guess I'm not the only one with a bad experience visiting him.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2015

I saw Dr. Blum complaining of severe hip pain. As he entered the examination room I was rudely greeted and asked if my husband was my secretary. He had a very poor attitude from the minute I met him. His examination was very barely an examination and without ordering any tests he claimed that I had bursitis and wanted to give me a cortisone injection without the aid of a fluroscopy. I declined the injection because I felt that testing needed to be done before we decided on a course of treatment. To make a long story short a few months later I was diagnosed with a labral tear and impingements at HSS and I eventually needed surgery to correct the problem. I would never recommend this doctor....in my opinion he is an incompetent doctor with a pretentious attitude.

Submitted October 4, 2012

Excellent physician. Attentive, concerned, excellent bedside manner, pleasant, talkative and knowledgeable. Recommend highly.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2008

Outstanding surgeon and physician. Highly recommended. Barbara, RN

flag | Submitted June 26, 2008

DR Blum performed emergency surgery on me for a broken hip. I find him to be compassionate and caring. His followup care is also excellent. I would highly reccomend him to anyone needing orthopedic care.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2008

Dr. Karl R. Blum's Credentials

• Umdnj-New Jersey Med Sch, Newark Nj 07103 (Grad. 1990)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Toms River, NJ