Ratings for Dr. Arnold Del Pilar

Same complaints as the majority - long waits, excessive testing, pulling diagnoses out of thin air, cutting me off, having me come back 3 times in one week (one visit was over 4 hours). Needs to be more tactful with language used. "Tumor" is a scary word - and he wasn't even accurate. His poor staff take the brunt of peoples frustration. Please save yourself the headache and go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2017

this dr is a QUACK but the nurses are hot tho y lie

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017

Was switched to Indiana HIP insurance and noticed my avg wait time go from 30 minutes to literally over 2 hours. Have an issue that requires daily medication (for life) yet he wont set up refills longer that 3-6 months, and wont set more without scheduling an appointment - so if i want my daily prescription refill i have to go and wait for hours just to have him come in, type pn a computer then leave.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2016

As a single man my brother never felt the need for a doctor-always just went to med point until he had a stroke. As you are no doubt experiencing, finding a physician taking new patients is difficult in this day and age. As his legal guardian, we found Dr Del Pilar. Dr Del Pilar and his mostly family member staff was simply a nightmare to say the least. My brother quite obviously will never be able to live or function on his own and the Dr agreed. The paperwork submitted for short term disability was so inaccurate and never corrected after repeated attempts his short term disability insurance coverage was canceled. His employer even went to bat with the insurance company because it was clear full of errors. We became concerned early on when he ordered up countless tests which were all being performed by the Dr -he even performed a colonoscopy...now tell me when you have heard of this procedure being performed by a family physician and not a specialist? We were surprised when his staff took xrays on his foot that wasn't hurting but came to understand the why since he owned an xray machine. This was all quite bizarre! Prescriptions are only refilled with another appointment. I can not begin to explain just what a mistake we made in taking him to this doctor. We have since found a new family doctor for him through SB Clinic, the correct paperwork and reports were submitted to the insurance company and thankfully he is receiving the care he requires and his coverage reinstated retroactively . Yes, Dr Del Pilar comes across as a nice guy, so if you want a buddy hang out with him but if you need medical care you should strongly consider going some place else.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2015

My husband was a patient of his, he went non responsive, at the hospital, we knew it was coming and had spoke to delpillar about it on several occasions, he knew we had advanced directives in place. When the day came that I told the dr that I wanted hospice called in, he refused wanting more tests,I had to go to the hospital staff and get hospice, after I filled out the paperwork, and he was notified (5pm) he called and said Joe is being sent home the next morning, on a Sayers,I had 12 hours to get hospice set up in the house. When he passed Dr messed up his death certificate,I called him had me come in the office to talk about it$150 later still not fixed and still have the bill, I refuse to pay it, and sent a complaint down to Indy, everyone needs to do the same, get his license taken heartless jerk

flag | Submitted June 26, 2015

My complaint is with their guy who does the billing, and how much they charge for procedures. I got a series of 3 shots in my back, which I found out from a neurosurgeon were totally not necessary, and it was charged out as a $2000 surgery! $20 for the shots themselves and $2000 for giving them! Really??!! My insurance paid for all but $1800 for that and various other things I had done. I make an appointment to talk to him about about a referral for an arthritis doctor and refills on my meds. When I made the appointment over the phone, no mention was made about payment. I had been paying my bill in $50 increments, not sure how much I owed because they don't like to send paper statements. When I get there, I was turned away because I could not pay off the $1800 I still owed! I'm in pain, need a referral, and now I have to find a new doctor! I have paid off balances much larger than this in the past. But this arrogant jerk didn't care. I'm done with this office.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2015

Worse doctor ever. Not compliant with hippa laws and will report this. Orders test unnecessarily. Refuses medications if you don't go along with his endless tests. One nice staff member there. Would not take my dog to him. The wait is bad enough but then the hours he wants you to spend as they run test after test at his office of course.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

My family and I have been patients of Dr DELPILAR for over three years. He is always behind schedule Average wait is over 2.0 hours. He has recently changed policy to move his urgent care patients to the back of the line if you have an appointment I had an appointment today (just for a prescription refill) and still waited 1 hr and 20 minutes past my check in time. I also have had three times that the wrong meds were called in or for the wrong family member. The other thing I see is that he has a big turn over in his staff. He does order a lot of labs and recently put his own lab in office. I refused his lab and requested south bend medical foundation because he would be the only dr that would be able to see those labs where as south bend medical foundation are distributed to any dr you see in area.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2014

Worst Doctor I have ever been to. Misdiagnosed me several times and refused two potentionally life saving meds. Breaks privacy act law constantly. Has habit of testing you for unrelated reasons. Charges insurance company for services never had. This man is a fraud and I do not trust him with my life. Only cares about money. Staff incompetent. Constantly either calls in wrong medicine or doesn't call it in at all. I urge anyone not to see this Doctor.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2013

Went to doctor for a wellness visit. He began ordering a ton of tests, rattling them off so fast I could barely understand them. He then started pushing the ALCAT test. I said I would think about it but refused to do anything before finding out whether insurance would pay. He checked with insurance and said that he would fill out a sheet to qualify for the test to be paid 100%. He then ordered the test, and I didn't even realize it had been done with all the vials he ordered. I now have a bill for almost $1000 because my insurance only paid 80% instead of the 100% he told me it would. The test was charged to insurance for $6400 dollars. Stay far away from this money drain.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2013

Dr. Arnold Del Pilar's Credentials

• Kirksville College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1989)