Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey S. Lamont

I have seen Dr. Lamont for kidney stones for over 20 years and now for prostate cancer. He has always been very helpful and explains everything to me along the way. I trust his knowledge and experience in both diagnosing and trusting my condition.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2017

Was on time the first appointment, but at the second appointment, I had to stand in the hallway until a staff member unlocked the door five minutes after my appointment time! I found Dr. Lamont to be very friendly, and took the time to make sure I was well informed of everything. He was also very reassuring every step of the way.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2015

Have had two procedures with Dr Lamont (one under local and one I was out) and both went very smooth, easy recovery and went exactly as he predicted. I appreciated the music during the procedure as well as the friendly interaction with his team.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2015

Dr. Lamont diagnosed me with cancer after another doctor had misdiagnosed me . . . he saved my life . . . he is very caring (has called me at home after surgery to check on me), he was persistent in finding out what was wrong with me, and he is very highly regarded among his peers . . . after he diagnosed my illness, he suggested I get a second opinion . . . I went to Brigham and Women's and the urologist there confirmed everything Dr. Lamont said . . . i'm sticking with Dr. Lamont for surgery and treatment because in my opinion, he is the absolute best!

flag | Submitted September 19, 2014

I've seen several urologists. While Dr. Lamont's manner is brusk, he's as skilled and knowledgeable as any of the others. He doesn't go into much detail about possible treatments unless you ask, but if you do ask he will give you as much information as you want. If you're the type of patient that actively participates in your healthcare, he's a fine doctor. If not, you may find yourself (silently) questioning his treatment approach. His staff is not reliable in returning phone calls, but is otherwise caring and helpful.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2014

My husband and I met with Dr. Lamont for a new diagnosis consultation for intermediate grade prostate cancer. Dr. Lamont took a great deal of time explaining the disease, my husband's pathology, and treatment options. He gave ample time for us to ask questions and to ensure all our questions were answered. He also offered to facilitate referrals to other doctors in order to get more information or second opinions. He did not rush us and encouraged us to think about our options before moving in any one direction. We appreciated his thoroughness and generosity with his time.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2014

Experience with Dr. Lamont was very positive. I woudl recommend Dr. Lamonot to family and freinds. He listened intently, responded, explained everything having to do with my particular situation as well as displayed my films on screen while doing so. Additionallym, I was anxious about the need to have Cystoscopy; Dr. Lamont explained that is something he would need to do. I asked if he could do it while I was there so I did not have to deal with the anxiety of knowing it was coming. (I've not had one in the past). He was very kind and patient and arranged for the procedure to take place while I was there rather than at my next appointment after the CT scan in a few weeks.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2014

flag | Submitted April 18, 2014

the worst experience i've ever had with a doctor. after performing a bladder scan, he proceeded to check if "everything was structurally okay." there was a nurse present, but i was not comfortable with it at all. it felt more like a gyno exam. the procedure was completely unnecessary. he neglected to look at any of my previous hospital records that i had brought with me. he was totally unprofessional, rude, and old-fashioned.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2012

Extremely rude to the point of threatening, very defensive and explained procedure poorly.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2011

Dr. Jeffrey S. Lamont's Credentials

• Boston University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)